Ore Igai Dare mo Saishu Dekinai Sozai na no ni "Sozai Saishuritsu ga Hikui" to Pawahara suru Osananajimi Renkinjutsushi to Zetsuen shita Senzoku Mado…

Dex-chan lover
Being good at something doesn't mean you are destined to do it. Even if you are good at something, you won't do it well if you do it unwillingly. From what I've understood, this is supposed to be his destined job, what he was born to do.
It was his job though. It's through that job he got so stupidly powerful. He should have asked what he is suited to do in retirement.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter!

It turned out the crystal is not definitive rather just something that tells you what you can be good at. Lloyd is pretty talented as a mage even if he did not become Ruby's assistant (he likes to study passionately after all). His development just got accelerated when he was obligated to collect ingredients and materials for Ruby.

NGL, that last part made me hungry.

Dex-chan lover
I believe, while they both were starting, he did like being her assistant! That's why he studied and tried to improve! But she changed, started taking him for granted at first and later even abuse! My "Armchair Psychology" degree, made me deduct it's because of her fear about him learning magic and gaining confidence, where he wouldn't need her! :pepehmm:

Dex-chan lover
That crystal/orb is DEFECTIVE ... throw it in the TRASH. Are we sure that it tells you what you should do or the OPPOSITE of what you should do? In either case the author is fucked up for playing that card but I'll forgive him since Isolde happened.
Neither. It tells you what you are best at doing, not whether you'll be happiest at doing it.

Dex-chan lover
The guild leaders vocation was to be baker. Is she working in a bakery now?
You are forgetting that the Guild Leader has multiple vocations, and her Top 3 are.
1st - Baker
2nd - Holy Knight
3rd - Martial Artist

Though she isn't working as a Baker which her best vocation, but her other Top vocations do match with her current job.
Meaning, Vocations are meant to rate what you are good at, and you can select which ever you are good at.
But it seems that usually people only select and follow their Highest Ranked one, while ignoring their other ones, unless they are related to their Top one.

On the other-hand, MC was given only ONE vocation. There was no listing mentioned for him.

Dex-chan lover
Why not ask after the first vocation? It might be different.
When the Vocation of the Guild Leader was asked, the Orb itself presented her Top 3 Vocations without specifically being asked.

Unless the Orb got bugged because of the whole thing relating to the Griffin, or there is some different mechanic at play, or MC's ex did something to him.
The Orb should have listed MC's Top 3 Vocations as well, like it did for the Guild Leader.

But it only mentioned ONE Vocation for him, and nothing else.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
See what I was saying? Strange crystals lying in towers distributing vocations is no basis for a system of employment. What you do in life should be decided by you and you alone, not from some farcical crystalline ceremony.

Why on earth would some random crystal doodad know what you should be doing better than you?

Dex-chan lover
See what I was saying? Strange crystals lying in towers distributing vocations is no basis for a system of employment. What you do in life should be decided by you and you alone, not from some farcical crystalline ceremony.

Why on earth would some random crystal doodad know what you should be doing better than you?
The Orb is basically a substitution of the Status Window that is common in games and in many Series (Isekai or not).

No one has ever questioned why the Status Window showed the Class/Job of a character or assigned Level/Rank to them and even how much proficiency (or limit to it) they can have in it. Nor has anyone question why they shouldn't be forced to follow it.

Also, the Orb isn't distributing Vocations.
It's informing what you are best at by reading your specs (like a Mind Reader or Fortune Teller is supposed to do), and it's also doing it based on a Ranking System, meaning it's not just focusing on one trait, but giving you a list of things you are good at, and ranking them.

As for the last part, it is always said that a person can't themselves judge their own skills or talent, but need an outside perspective to know what they are good or bad at.
This is what gave rise to the concept of Teaching, as Teachers are meant to teach people and then see what they are good at and help them grow with the one they are better at (though its something that isn't followed in modern education system).

Dex-chan lover
That's fucked up. I seriously hope that in a couple years from now, when 5 more chapters have come out, that they don't try to redeem Ruby or something. Just let my man be happy for fucks sake.

Dex-chan lover
I have a NEW theory ... the ORB was made by Ruby. THAT would explain EVERYTHING. It recognized the ML and followed the script pegging him as her slave just like she would want it to do. I mean, she looks like the pegging type ... am I wrong?

Group Leader
I have a NEW theory ... the ORB was made by Ruby. THAT would explain EVERYTHING. It recognized the ML and followed the script pegging him as her slave just like she would want it to do. I mean, she looks like the pegging type ... am I wrong?
I don't think so since the orb is national treasure. But it could be a theory.

Dex-chan lover
technically being a slave will need him to do everything he can and cannot. So the orb don't need to mention any other options when they are already covered

Dex-chan lover
The Orb is basically a substitution of the Status Window that is common in games and in many Series (Isekai or not).

No one has ever questioned why the Status Window showed the Class/Job of a character or assigned Level/Rank to them and even how much proficiency (or limit to it) they can have in it. Nor has anyone question why they shouldn't be forced to follow it.
You're not helping your case, those are just as bad. For Salt's sake, they really need to think for themselves for two seconds.

Then again, perhaps the real fantasy being pandered to there is not having to think for yourself. And that's just sad.

Users who are viewing this thread