Ore no Shibou Flag ga Todomaru Tokoro wo Shiranai - Ch. 66 - The Price of Power

Dex-chan lover
I've caught up, and that sucks. So many things have happened to Harold, it's crazy really. Now it's time to once again level this series alone for another 3 years and binge again, thanks for the TLs.

Dex-chan lover
Don't worry, the life points of a typical boss is 100,000 so Harold has too much to spare.

Dex-chan lover
Same. It's always fake stakes: they try to scare you and make you worried but I've only seen a single manga series actually cause any consequences for the protagonist for overusing risky powerups. 99% of the time it's an excuse for the author to always give the protagonist an easy win button.
Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception/Truth is the only series I can think of off top of my head where characters actually die from the life draining super powerful item given to them. I'm sure I've seen more, but like you said it's pretty rare especially if the MC is using it.

Dex-chan lover
Im fond of how despite harolds filtered words, the truth behind those words- his recognition of people, his goals- still come through to the right people.

Ah so that Justus character, he is a typicaly a mad scientist that will almost do anything to state his curiosity, from my point of view it's doesn't necessarily bad, it just how you gonna use it.

Dex-chan lover
Ah so that Justus character, he is a typicaly a mad scientist that will almost do anything to state his curiosity, from my point of view it's doesn't necessarily bad, it just how you gonna use it.
You can basically consider Justus to be Hojo from Final Fantasy 7, but much moreso.

Double-page supporter
Sending a main character directly into a villain could be a bad idea... Moreover if the villain is the kind that turn peope into his pawn.
Yeah. Especially since she is so eager to be recognized and acknowledged. A hint of interest from Justus is all that's necessary for her to fall in with him

Dex-chan lover
Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception/Truth is the only series I can think of off top of my head where characters actually die from the life draining super powerful item given to them. I'm sure I've seen more, but like you said it's pretty rare especially if the MC is using it.
Yuusha ga Shinda also did it that and it's why that's one of my top 10 manga. The MC peasant pretending to be a hero doing the cool guy thing and saying something like this won't kill him because he's a hero, only to use the forbidden powerup and immediately die is one of the best subversions of expectations I've seen in a long time.

Dex-chan lover
I got to thinking, the sword drains his life right? Be he's also technically two people.
What if the sword ends up only killing the true Harold, letting Kazuki finally talk freely?

Users who are viewing this thread