Ore no Shibou Flag ga Todomaru Tokoro wo Shiranai - Vol. 8 Ch. 55 - The Return of the Knights, and...

Dex-chan lover
The trick is being a (competent) ass. That way even the smallest kindness reaches deep.
On one hand I love the series concept, but on the other hand I would also love to see a normal behaving Harold.
i recall one point where he thought something rude instead and his body said it as something nice xD the opposite of what he is always like, was kinda funny.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for picking this up - and great work!

hurl verbal abuse then suddenly hurl sincere praise and words of gratitude
That's a low-key yet effective rizz there. That would really catch a lot of people off guard.

I am guessing the OG/game Harold (i.e. the one being overwritten by the MC/isekai Harold) is somehow also being changed by now, especially since the isekai Harold tapped the OG's power on that last bit of the battle. It's like the OG Harold is melding itself to its new circumstance (and also the butterfly effect is also slowly changing him inside)

Dex-chan lover
Nice, if small, progress with Erica. She certainly worked hard for it.

I am guessing the OG/game Harold (i.e. the one being overwritten by the MC/isekai Harold) is somehow also being changed by now, especially since the isekai Harold tapped the OG's power on that last bit of the battle. It's like the OG Harold is melding itself to its new circumstance (and also the butterfly effect is also slowly changing him inside)

It's hard to say how much of that scene with the original was symbolic, how much concrete, but at the end of the day, the old Harold wasn't necessarily evil because he wanted to be. In fact it seems like the only thing he personally wanted was to be strong. Strong in combat, but maybe also strong mentally. His evilness came from his background in the awful household. So, being strong mentally might have been an effort to overcome his personal history. Unfortunately he ended up serving Justus, who most likely corrupts all who work for him, so in the game Harold's fate was sealed. This is all naturally just my own interpretation, but if it's accurate, it's quite possible the original Harold doesn't mind neo-Harold's path as long as it makes him strong. Harold has spared no effort to be strong. He's even regarded as a genius among the knights, joining so young, which should please the original.

Dex-chan lover
Even tho its dumb she choose this hard path herself, she was probabbly prepered to never even get her name called, so this is quite a big "reward" for her

Users who are viewing this thread