Ore no Shibou Flag ga Todomaru Tokoro wo Shiranai - Vol. 8 Ch. 55 - The Return of the Knights, and...

Dex-chan lover
I understand the whole background around the MC being mean to the girl, but... it still feels very much like a guide on how to be an abusive boyfriend.

Dex-chan lover
I would greatly respect the author if he just allowed the MC to outwardly combat the weird anti social demeanor he’s forced to show rather than literally every character going “I can fix him.”

Dex-chan lover
Even tho its dumb she choose this hard path herself

It does suit her personality 100%, at least. She has a bit of that holier-than-thou mentality going on. I don't actually think her parents or the big brother are quite that much into it, but Erica seems to idolise her own Sumeragi family and how they do things. Kind of like as if she really believed in noblesse oblige and tried her best to live according to it. She said before that since she had an easy, wealthy childhood, she will gladly sacrifice herself for the sake of her domain, and the people within, if that's what it takes (by marrying Harold).

I'd say the real decisive factor was the shock she got from learning that it is, in fact, Harold who has been risking and sacrificing himself not only for the sake of the Stokes domain, but he even saved the people of the Sumeragi domain. Furthermore, the only thing he's asking in return is for the Sumeragi to save the people of the Stokes domain if the Stokes family collapses. Whatever Erica had been doing, it looked like nothing but child's play compared to Harold's deeds.

So, if Erica gave up on becoming a pillar of support for Harold, like her father adviced her to be, it would mean all of her lofty thoughts and pride amount to nothing and she'd be a total fake. In other words, she's trying to support Harold also for her own sake. Of course she could pick another route to be useful to the people, like a noble should be in her opinion, but I reckon she can't imagine what else she could do. Harold couldn't tell her directly to become the hero party's healer, after all.

Dex-chan lover
I would greatly respect the author if he just allowed the MC to outwardly combat the weird anti social demeanor he’s forced to show rather than literally every character going “I can fix him.”
No character actually want to fix him though? Most character are aware of his arrogant facade, they know that his demeanor is like a shield for him which he has been using since he was a child, they all are aware that he's a kind kid inside. Even, Erica, doesn't want him to change. She just wants to someone he can rely on, especially, since he has never acknowledged her, so Harold giving Erica a headpat is a way of him saying thank you to her.

Group Leader
Update: Apologies for the first message but me and team Cascade will no longer be continuing the scanlation. Kirei Cake has let us know that this series is still one that they are continuing work on with plenty of progress made already.

Sorry again for the misunderstanding, hope you can enjoy the chapters to come!

Group Leader
Update: Apologies for the first message but me and team Cascade will no longer be continuing the scanlation. Kirei Cake has let us know that this series is still one that they are continuing work on with plenty of progress made already.

Sorry again for the misunderstanding, hope you can enjoy the chapters to come!
no, continue. Kirie just leaves these things to sit and not translate outside of Frieren. Everything they have is massively behind, so much so that official translations for some have even passed them

Dex-chan lover
no, continue. Kirie just leaves these things to sit and not translate outside of Frieren. Everything they have is massively behind, so much so that official translations for some have even passed them
Everyone has lives, and things have been hectic in mine. Translation isn't the only thing that I do any more.

I already have plans to marathon a couple of popular series, so it won't be a major issue anymore. But juggling between series will unfortunately still cause other series to be delayed a little.

Please understand that any delays are not deliberate, but simply inevitable.

For what it's worth, I'm already working on Chapter 57 of Death Flags. But the editing takes time. I mostly release in batches now.

Users who are viewing this thread