Ore wa Subete o “Parry” Suru ~Gyaku Kanchigai no Sekai Saikyou wa Boukensha ni Naritai~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
F class or even non-existent class because he doesnt have the skill to be an adventurer

got basic single skill from every class, even stealth

WAT?!

oh yeah its real hard hitting some swords tyat hang on some trees
its not like real swords come at u with sone power

Dex-chan lover
So he has a strengthening skill, stealth skill, self healing skill.... and thinks he can't fight...

Wtf....

If these authors want to do underdog stories about guys without talent, don't make their lack of talent have skills that are way to f*ing obviously good for combat... and how the f* can he not realize that he has an OP parry???

Dex-chan lover
F class or even non-existent class because he doesnt have the skill to be an adventurer

got basic single skill from every class, even stealth

WAT?!
These authors want to make the MC feel like an underdog but be OP... but they don't have the writing skills to do that...

So instead of a unique skill that feels so complicated that it would seem weak, it instead just makes the MC super brainless and stupid.

He literally beat a monster yet think he's too weak for missions...

He has tons of useful skills but for absolutely no reason doesn't think they would be useful even if they are so obvious even little kids would get that they are useful....

Now, you CAN have the MC be that stupid... but you need proper consequences... either they die early... or they cause untold damage without realizing it...

A good example is Gildarts from Fairy Tail.... dude causes so much destruction by accident that people are wary of him.... because he's super powerful.... but super dumb...

But these authors don't want to do that... they want them to be stupid with power without consequences...

Fed-Kun's army
God damn. Most anime girls have <10 IQ.
The f is she watching at? Moment of MC finally dies?

Dex-chan lover
This reminds me of a game in development, where you could parry the ground after falling really high and negate the fall damage lol

Dex-chan lover
Dude parries a Minotaur to death; “uh, I don’t think I’m strong enough to go on an adventure.”
I love manga but they sure don’t make it easy, sometimes. fuuuuck.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not good enough even though I killed a minotaur that one shot like 5 dudes..... yeah no it doesnt work like that, you cant have him be dense to his power and have direct evidence hes OP. No cake and eating it too.

Dex-chan lover
God, please give me the confidence of translation groups that translate from japanese to english while not knowing english

Dex-chan lover
To be honest, while this is fantasy story, the logic for becoming so strong by fighting bunch of sticks dangling on rope is just err....
A stick bounce back when hit, sure, but it don't actually tried to kill you, nor make you suffer, nor have experience of fighting. It has pattern, yes, but only one, you hit it, it flew away and then come back.
Human, animal, or you can say in this case, monster, fighting style are definitely not that predictable.
This is a story with skills and magic... so what he trained wasn't human martial arts but an actual ability.

Also, in these stories, humans can often surpass the limits of real humans...

I mean, look at dragon ball, by carrying around 100lbs of weight and running, the kids became able to jump to near flight and move faster than sound.....

Dex-chan lover
We'll have to find out later how strong that minotaur is, but I imagine pretty high up there considering how the knights fared.

I rather hate the "no clue how strong they are" trope tbh. Honestly why the hell did he run off? He didn't even bother checking to see if the girl or any of the knights needed medical attention.
The fantasy is based off of the idea that the reader wishes he was actually secretly amazing and just didn't know about it.

It's kinda a stupid trope... makes no sense if the skill is way too f***ing obvious....

And is honestly just bad writing...

But these are popcorn stories created to just fill an app library for companies...

Dex-chan lover
i feel this chapter skip a large part of novel and important bits of it

basically he go to all class school in hope of becoming adventurer but he only got ONE very basic skill of each classes (and trained to the max in hope he'll get some more advance version of them but to no avail)

his skill list after practice for 10ish years (numbers for illustrative purpose)

Swordsman: Parry level 1 > 9999

Warrior: Strength Enhancement level 1 > 9999

Hunter: Stone Throwing level 1 > 9999

Thief: Sneak level 1 > 9999

Mage: Tiny Fire level 1 > 9999

Priest: Low Heal level 1 > 9999

the problem with it is while it seems op due to how high he mastered it, it doesn't sound impressive in universe since they're all basic skill at lowest rank and no one know he got it to an absurd level (which anyone can learned them all and more, but no one polishing it to his extent) he even got deny at the guild to be an adventurer due to it deem too dangerous (before he got a chance to demonstrate his ability)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread