Orenchi ni Kita Onna Kishi to Inakagurashi Surukotoninatta Ken - Ch. 111 - I Absolutely Refuse

Dex-chan lover
The conclusion at the end is weird, earlier it's clearly stated that the sword fight only ended like that because the brother wasn't even trying and the bamboo sword broke, which he didn't expect. Similarly he didn't expect martial arts, but I could see their world not having those, same as not every country on earth having a distinct one.

Basically he lost to his own arrogance and martial arts, so that is what he should be interested in not some "way of the sword" stuff.

Group Leader
Nope, not exactly. Kendo is fencing for sport. The stance Uryuu took when he got serious was no longer Kendo, but Kenjutsu. Which is real Japanese combat swordsmanship. By comparison, Kendo is dumbed down to minimize injury.
You're right, my bad. I was on autopilot reading Natsumi's bubble in that panel and misinterpreted it, updated this page.

Dex-chan lover
you get a samurai against a user of Verdadera Destreza with a espada ropera (kind of a rapier) from the seventeenth century, similar skill level, and the samurai would get fucked 1000 times of 1000
Probably not a 1000 out of a 1000, but definitely the majority. Those rapier/thrusting sword styles are fucking BRUTAL.
Maximizing force with minimum effort and trying end a fight with immediacy.

Dex-chan lover
So Uryuu has a loliwife and now got himself a king-to-be pupil
You can't get any cooler than that.

Dex-chan lover
Japanese can beat anybody at anything and that's not nationalism

Dex-chan lover
lmao get btfo'd shithead
monkey man relies on cheat blessings, gets bodied by local tomato farmer with impregnation fetish
holy shit what a W
if only it had been kanji to teach stupid fucker a lesson but thisll work

Dex-chan lover
They still think they're the superior "race" you see it all over manga every time some fantasy guy eat rice it's like you gave candy to medieval peasant the guy fricking orgasms on the spot, you'd have similar stuff in a western comic people would be calling you racist (to stay polite) it's genuinely sad to see theirs nation is dying due to low birthrates but they refuse to change anything and still think they're the superior culture and the important part of the social culture is still stuck in early 20th century. Some hardcore Japanese fans might not like it but Japanese society is horrible for what is considered different.

But hey Uryuu was cool af and it's good to see that piece of garbage knight getting his ass handed to him.
Bro gotta politicise everything. It ain't that deep. This behaviour isn't unique to Japan. It's common in lots of countries, for example, the USA.

I really hate Chris's brother. It's gotten to the point that whenever he is on a page I will just skip it, and nothing of the story will be lost other than knowing he's being a huge piece of shit.

Contributor
Makoto Uryuu, ordinary tomato farmer and prime bachelor hunting for a wife, took down this arrogant brute of a hero from another world and his oversized ego down a peg or two. Someone promote this man to MC, he deserves to find a wife too. Maybe introduce him to Momoko Samon, I'm sure he'd be thrilled to get to know her.

It's gotten a little bit better since something humiliating happened to Bartholomeus (not enough frankly, but better than nothing), but also sad the violence on Kanji and its mental effect on him has been swept under the rug.

Dex-chan lover
Aaaa it feels like this story is everywhere yet nowhere at the same time :notlikethis: what is this schroedinger's manga
I really went to shit when the brother came along. It was cool when he was a cover page arc but he is the most insufferable MFer I have seen in a manga in quite some time.

Dex-chan lover
It's strange, Uryuu is too op, for beating actual knight and war hero. I want some explanation about his past.
There's nothing particularly strange about this. Of course Uryuu is good, like really good, but far more importantly Bartholomeus was fighting with one hand tied behind his back and one eye closed, figuratively speaking. He would have trained and fought all of his life by using magic to enhance his body as naturally as breathing goes, so when he suddenly cuts it all off, it's going to affect him massively. He wouldn't even be able to use his full physical power completely because he's not trained to use it fully, instead going for the right balance between physical strength and magic. Uryuu, however, would have trained to rely on his physical power 100%. Who knows how big a portion of Barthlomeus's skills require magic as well, so those would be out.

But then again, this is merely my theory of the best case scenario. What the author was thinking could simply be Japan banzai.

Users who are viewing this thread