Orenchi ni Kita Onna Kishi to Inakagurashi Surukotoninatta Ken - Vol. 3 Ch. 18 - Anti-epidemic measures

@criver I don't think this is necessarily government propaganda. While the manga is set in the real world, it is still fiction. If you want your fictional world to have a humane government, why not? Just because reality might be much more grim?

Dex-chan lover
@Maala Getting papers illegally or living in secrecy definitely beats being a guinea pig or dead. Not to mention that they could have thought up any other ridiculous story that didn't involve magic or her coming from another world, and it would have been still easier to accept than this. He went out of his way to make sure that the government knows that she can use magic. Which is the most stupid thing he could have done.

@Bamboori Because the premise is not alternate Japan where humans are fairies. It's either govt propaganda or poor writing. Realistic is what it is not.

Dex-chan lover
@Fushan - the crossover would be entertaining.

I think the author is attempting to balance "trust in government" and "distrust in government" viewpoints. The main characters are clearly trying to convince themselves that the government's wariness toward epidemic and magic are legitimate, and that their methods (arrest, property seizure/possible destruction in all but name) are legitimate. I get the idea the native Japanese citizens don't really believe that, but don't want Chris to panic or prompt the govvie to take a more... effective action. The way the government agents are portrayed is unsettling (faceless, silent, hardly seeming human), and Chris is being courageous in putting on a brave front in going with them.

I'd actually say the author is straying too far into the "don't trust government, they're evil" - if he'd had one of the characters say/think something in the vein of "Governments are legitimate in that they have a monopoly on the violence to enforce their legitimacy," I'd have rolled my eyes.

Y'all dumb, quarantining them is the most responsible thing to do. You all act like they're stealing her away for some nefarious purposes when we all know that if that was the case we'd have some shadowy evil guy thrown in our faces because remember, readers are dumb!
Some unknown isekai pathogen is a realistic threat and it's being handled in a logical manner. That's all there is to it.

Fed-Kun's army
@boag You need a Raifu to protect your Waifu with your Laifu.

@blue108 page 6 sure as hell implies it with the eye look, international organization, and the "I see..."
7czv.jpg

I'm kinda hoping the story goes full retard and either becomes a starting point for a "irregular at magic high" universe, an "Shadowrun" type universe or a reverse "Gate" where the JSDF invade the magic world first.

I am expecting the guy to get released, goes home alone and the whole farm is burned to a crisp.

Double-page supporter
Imagine letting the government take away your Isekai waifu because "muh health" concerns.
Should've kept your mouth shut and told your childhood friend to fuck off but I guess mentally retarded MCs are common place.

Dex-chan lover
We hypothesize that to use magic, there ought to be something that functions as magic organ. Inside the body.
So let's dissect this isekai woman alive.
^That?

Supporter
@blue108 Exactly. These are valid concerns and proper measures, although I'm also concerned by her statement about that international organization.

Dex-chan lover
@sylvacoer well I for one wouldn't want to piss off a woman who can easily cast spells of fire. Fire is very destructive even in a concrete jungle

Group Leader
It's weird though... won't those 236 people meet other people? Would they have to quarantine the whole Japan?

Aggregator gang
What the f*ck is that guy making such a fuss about? Its like they going to do a human experiment on her.

It's weird that he's surprised this is happening after telling the government.

Dex-chan lover
Don't know what he was expecting after spilling the beans to his government employee childhood friend. The fact that he even allowed her to video Chris doing magic to take to her superiors(and somehow an international organization found out about it) is goddamn groan-worthy.

Contributor
Earthly People when Isekai'd Treated as Hero
Isekai People when Isekai'd Treated as Pandemic and Conspiracy

Aggregator gang
the only problem is that with here having been there for like 2 weeks to a month they could pretty much tell she isnt infectious so the hazmat and total lock down is stupid extreme the likely action would have been some doctors some bureaucrats and a please stay at the farm and dont sell the crops till we clear you a couple days to a week or so since any damage would be to wide spread if she was

but lets have the non drama drama

Users who are viewing this thread