Orenchi ni Kita Onna Kishi to Inakagurashi Surukotoninatta Ken - Vol. 6 Ch. 50 - My friend

Supporter
@Narf
i agree, that's a super shit quote.
but then again, could just be Kanji trying to cool things off with a simple quote rather than more telling off. you never know (just going with benefit of doubt here)

that quote aside, a very satisfying chapter.
i have no interest in being a farmer. i have no interest in being a janitor, deliveryperson etc. but that should never mean that i disrespect those who do them, or be ungrateful for their work. it's thanks to their actions that the world can run so smoothly and comfortably. that our streets don't stink, we get to eat good food, get stuff delivered right to our doorsteps. they're people, just like any other.

seeing these Tokyo folks get knocked off their high horse by Kanji was very satisfying.

Dex-chan lover
@Abedeus
They should of course try to settle their dispute, but not just for the sake of their child, but for the sake of their relationship. If they did not have a child, should they not try to talk stuff out?
I guess running away, declaring the relationship to be at an end every time any sort of trouble appears, is an option, but I'd argue that it is not one that will make anybody happy. Sure, some relationships are beyond saving and should be ended, but I'd argue that that is true whether there is a kid or not.

Aggregator gang
Like many arcs in this manga, I don't get the purpose of these two last chapters, makes me think the mangaka was angry at something and just wanted to rant about something...

Dex-chan lover
So these 2 really were just pressured and uptight... honestly, they need a break... they need to let off some steam..

@Mr-BoyMan_Dude these 2 were basically family, so of course he wouldn't sue them. In the end, he just wanted to help them more. In fact, he even probably feels that he owes the dad for raising him.

@Narf It's an old saying, like the saying "a child is the fruit of the parent's love" and frankly, it's something that is generally true. Sure, there are exceptions... but that's just an exception. You can't say that something is untrue when the rule of exceptions exist.

And most marriages fail not because of a child or because they were a bad match, but because the couple doesn't work things out properly, or because one of them did something the other can't forgive them for...

The way I understood the quote was that the child's prosperity is a reflection of the bond between the parents. If the couple's relationship is bad, the child will suffer the most; if the bond is strong then the child will grow up mentally healthy and successful.

For the sake of the child's prosperity the parents need to work things out and come to an understanding.

Dex-chan lover
The resolution here is about as realistic as the MC ending a war by telling the leaders of both sides "fighting is bad, ya know".
The storytelling seems rather unfocused (even for a SOL).

It is alright to have disagreements in front of your child.
Sometimes, they even bear witness to fights. This isn't necessarily a bad thing.
Why? Since every meaningful relationship that child will experience will also go through both disagreements and fights.

What is more important it seems, is that the child also witnesses the reconciliation process, the forgiveness that happens afterwards so that the child learns that conflicts happen but it doesn't end there.
Observing and experiencing the processes of struggle and positive resolution will help the child to manage its own relationships.
It's a rocky road for everyone. Watching people navigate said road serves as an important lesson.

Aggregator gang
@AMetroid Yup. To be fair to this series though, a lot of stories resolve disagreements real fast, when in reality most people don't suddenly become self-aware of their shittiness just because they are told why they are being shitty. It takes a while for self-awareness to take place and even then it requires courage to say to the person that they were wrong. A lot of stories are REALLY bad at portraying human nature, they usually have a very naive view of it.

Users who are viewing this thread