Orenchi no Maid-san - Vol. 4 Ch. 36

Dex-chan lover
Seriously that dude should be fired now. He's dangerous, what he's thinking is most definitely not normal.

Dex-chan lover
Seriously, it's not the age difference that is problematic (twelve years isn't even that much), but it's the fact that someone my age could see a seven year-old in a romantic way that is just creeping me out so much! This just ruins the pure cuteness in the rest of the manga...

ivv

Dex-chan lover
Girls like Yuki grows into cheat beauties than natural cuties like Ami.

Dex-chan lover
The problem is not there is a 11 years gap ... no, the problem is ...

She
Is
SEVEN
YEARS
OLD

Contributor
Akira is the only bad character in this manga .
He's really creepy even with this cute art.

@Exile We all know that at 7 years old no child can actually do that kind of complex reasoning and conersation. No stutter whatsoever, perfect reasoning.... That would be a creepy child....

Let's call it a manga version of a child, pure heart but developed brain... yep... still creepy....

Fed-Kun's army
@Spawn7586 there’s a thing called ‘genius ‘ In real world as well, and maybe Ami is just one of them... her dialogues aren’t that complicated neither her thought process, that a 7 year old can’t, from my perspective. Also, I think love is not just about how the other person looks, or how old they are.Its a soul reaching out to another(maybe too poetic). Anyways, I think Akira is being a perfect gentleman waiting 11 years just to confess. He’s really far from even making a move! He acts like just a fan boy! There are very different kinds of love, and it might just not be exactly as you imagine

Contributor
I may be in the minority then for liking this pair. Here's my take.

I view manga reading as escapism. When I read manga, I know that this is and will always be 2D, and I can compartmentalize. Manga is manga and IRL is IRL. IRL, I detest child molestation, grooming, etc. But when I read manga, I can appreciate the couple for how the mangaka presents it to me: a comical take on an adult male crushing on a little girl, and in the process, turning the tables on power and relationship dynamics. An adult male being fully subservient to a cute little girl-- that subverts expectations and is therefore an interesting story to tell!

You can tell the mangaka is aware that this is a taboo, of course. It's shown through the disapproval of the elder brother, the butler's own self-control to wait for 11 years, etc. I actually like how the mangaka is delicately handling this "romance" (quotes will be removed after 11 years in the universe :p). Should it go beyond the innocent "crushing" part while the kid's still 7, I'll definitely be disappointed because it'll ruin the theme of their relationship. But I won't judge it from the IRL lens. Similarly, it's how I feel about people who use tentacle rape as their sexual fantasy stimulant, but IRL are functional, competent, sane people who won't ever try to do it with an octopus.

@ArpanaR Don't take me wrong, I like that pairing. It's a pure kind of love, I was just saying you should not take amanga too seriously ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread