Osake no Tame ni Otome Game Setting wo Buchikowashita Kekka, Akuyaku Reijou ga Cheat Reijou ni Narimashita - Vol. 1 Ch. 5

Dex-chan lover
Ricardo?
c119310738950dfc90828e17d03beff7.jpg

Fed-Kun's army
EARS!!!! EAAAAARS!!!!!!

thank you very much for the update~!

The dad just really doesn't listen, huh. Moderation is not a word in his dictionary, he just lets them grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow with no regards to the potential consequences to safety.

All for the sake of more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more PROFIT.

Father is a dumbass, I can understand why he killed off almost everyone from a monster wave in the original timeline.

@mahtan Sorry mate, but kemonomimi isn't furry.

Furry is a subculture interested in anthropomorphic animals characters with human-like traits and characteristics. Your profile pic is a furry for example. Kemonomimi, which are humanoids with animal ears and tails are NOT a furry. They're still clearly human, or human-like, just with animal appendages.

Please get it right next time.

Oof Howard turns me off. I mean I'm sure he's a great character since he is considered the protagonist as well but that pushy attitude really makes her uncomfortable. I can totally relate to her. And her traumatized of the memory of him wouldn't immediately die out so easily even if it might not be the same person she met. Ofc I know this meant to be joke and stuff but oof I can't stop feeling uncomfortable for her xP

Dex-chan lover
@sagefox
Except you are wrong.
Kemonomimi is as much a human with low count animal characteristics as a anthropomorphic animal with high count human characteristics.
What makes it furry is the presence of animal characteristics doesn't how much of those characteristics are present.

Basically you are misinterpreting the meaning of the word to dissociate something you like from the genre it belongs.

Learn to read instead of thinking you get to decide what something means. =]

@mahtan

Really? We're going for personal attacks? Okay, the kiddie gloves are off.
I know where exactly you got this idea from, and you remember it wrong.

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/furry-scale

There. Your arguments are now invalidated. Not satisfied? Fine

Furry is of course the qualifier described as the target of the furry fandom. Now the furry fandom is a subculture interested in anthropomorphic animal characters with human personalities and characteristics. As defined as well by Wikifur (yes, I went there so shut up) The word furry has several meanings, dependent on the context in which it is used. Predominantly, it means "consisting of or resembling fur". It also pertains to an interest in anthropomorphic animals and/or mythological or imaginary creatures which possess human or superhuman capabilities.
Taking the definition from the Oxford dictionary of anthropomorphic, it is "having human characteristics". By this definition, the qualifier would be that X (which is not human in the first place) would be giving qualities (physical or psychological) that are human. A series of ponies that act and think like humans is an example, giving the characters the qualifier "anthropomorphic animals", which fit the definition of "furry".

Kemonomimi (獣耳 or けものみみ, animal ears) by definition, are characters who have animal ears. This commonly includes an animal tail. The ears can be fake, such as a headband, or part of the character's anatomy. These are not anthropomorphic animals, which makes them different from furry.

Still not satisfied? Well then I'll just have to use the qualifier on the sliding scale of furry to describe you by what your profile pic is.

Dex-chan lover
@sagefox
Weird how you started with the "personal attacks" but then get triggered when it is done to you. Dealing with children is so... eh.

Anyway you wrote a lot and yet nothing in there disagree with what I wrote previously. There is no difference in a cat that is turned into a human with cat characteristics and a human that attain cat characteristics, the only difference is the specie it started with. As such the "anthropomorphic" part does not mean much as both are a mix of human with non-human animal.

That you also included "The word furry has several meanings, dependent on the context in which it is used" without realizing that a character with animal characteristics could be one of those meaning is also pretty hilarious for me. Anyway the furry community tags humans with animal characteristics as being furry and not only those that are covered in fur and event hose that don't have fur (like characters with reptile or fish characteristics) so that definition of "consisting of or resembling fur" does not represent what "furry" as a genre symbolizes. But, alas, you again shows confusion by using the definition of a word as what it means when used as a genre, while furry has a meaning by itself with used as a genre it has another meaning that is more spread than just representing that which has fur. As it stands nowadays it is accepted as being from the furry genre anything that presents animal characteristics whether it was an animal before or not reaching it's final form does not matter.

But from your position it gets into what would be considered "animal with human characteristics". Would it need to be shown to have been an animal before having human characteristics? Would an animal turning into a perfect human with no animal characteristics part of the "furry" genre? Would a Dragon born or an Harpy or a Mermaid, all half-breeds that were never animals but also never fully human but the result of a human breeding with an animal? Would those half-breed be from the "furry" genre if they don't have any characteristics from their animal parent? What if both their parents were humans but they were cursed to have animal characteristics? What is they are from a race that evolved as humans with animal characteristics but were never non-humanoid animals themselves? Would that make all humans part of the "furry" genre since we are evolved forms of non-human animals?

Lastly if we go by your wrong interpretation no real life "furry", those that are port of the furry community and dress as animals, would categorize as "furry" doesn't matter how they are dressed because they are humans with props to have animal characteristics and not animals with human characteristics.

@mahtan

"Anyway you wrote a lot and yet nothing in there disagree with what I wrote previously. There is no difference in a cat that is turned into a human with cat characteristics and a human that attain cat characteristics, the only difference is the specie it started with. As such the "anthropomorphic" part does not mean much as both are a mix of human with non-human animal."

I can now clearly confirm that you can work wonders as a spin doctor.
As for the term "anthropomorphic" which is the central part of your argument:

Mirriam-Webster:
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/anthropomorphic
>described or thought of as having a human form or human attributes
>ascribing human characteristics to nonhuman things

Oxford Dictionary:
https://www.lexico.com/definition/anthropomorphic
>Having human characteristics

Cambridge Dictionary:
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/anthropomorphic
>treating animals, gods, or objects as if they are human in appearance, character, and behavior

Collins Dictionary:
https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/anthropomorphic
>means relating to the idea that an animal, a god, or an object has feelings or characteristics like those of a human being.

Where in any of the reputable dictionaries out in the world did you get YOUR definition?
It's NON-HUMAN to human, not HUMAN to non-human, the whole central part of this argument as a whole. That person in the manga is a human with animal characteristics MORE THAN an animal with human with animal characteristics. The person depicted is clearly more human than non-human, with only appendages that are non-human (the ears are clear. Whether he has a tail or not is yet to be seen). So, by percentages, he is majority Human than non-human, which makes him a kemonomimi than a furry.

"But, alas, you again shows confusion by using the definition of a word as what it means when used as a genre, while furry has a meaning by itself with used as a genre it has another meaning that is more spread than just representing that which has fur. As it stands nowadays it is accepted as being from the furry genre anything that presents animal characteristics whether it was an animal before or not reaching it's final form does not matter."
The definition of the term is the accepted use of the term. If it is not it, then it is subject to the very confusion you're trying to propagate. It's the problem of the subculture not defining the full context of the term that we got people going around and saying something is a furry when they don't even give the meaning of it. What exactly is that meaning then? Can you honestly tell me what that meaning is, that, if I have a study and get the definition of the term, I'd get that same meaning of the term for a majority of furries out there? If you can't, then there is no basis for you to tell me that this is a furry outside of the bounds of what has been clearly defined by the subculture itself. Any loose definitions have to be invalidated.

"Lastly if we go by your wrong interpretation no real life "furry", those that are port of the furry community and dress as animals, would categorize as "furry" doesn't matter how they are dressed because they are humans with props to have animal characteristics and not animals with human characteristics."
And from where in my statements did you get this conjecture? You have a promising career as a spin doctor. Do not put words in my mouth. Frankly, just stop.

Dex-chan lover
@sagefox
"The definition of the term is the accepted use of the term."
Exactly, the use of "furry" as a genre is not mainstream but part of a subculture and that meaning is not on mainstream dictionaries as it is not used that way by most people.... how is that hard to understand?

"And from where in my statements did you get this conjecture?"
Really? From your "It's NON-HUMAN to human", since the person in costume would be a human initially that would make them incapable to be a "furry" by your view of the word.

You also didn't answered any of the question about situation on characters that are seen as being part of the "furry" genre but fall in a murky place when using your "version" of the meaning of "furry" as a genre.

I really don't see how you can't understand something so simple but it seems to be the common cowardice of wanting to like something from a subculture that is not well seen by others while claiming to not be a part of that subculture.

What is this bickering doing in the comments? Just label the character whatever you want. No one has the right to demand otherwise from the other.

That aside, this manga is amazing. The protag's expressions are such a mood~

whoa did not expect to see furry discourse in the comments.....
anw thanks for the translation!!!

Dex-chan lover
no no, Rico fell down a cliff and broke his leg and a cow man kidnapped him, while the others in the gang prepare for war with the mofu mofu.

Users who are viewing this thread