Osake wa Fuufu ni Natte Kara

I am waiting for chapter 69, I hope to see some MOMENTS (you know what I mean) then it would be amazing😇

Wait wait.. someone answer me pls. The status here in mangadex says that it's "Completed" but isn't there until 11 volumes?

Dex-chan lover
I must say that I have an issue with this manga. I drink one or two glasses of wine every day and regularly a beer or a strong alcool (whisky, cognac, armagnac, liquors, etc.). So I'm not against alcohol per se.
But I think alcohol is something that you should drink for the pleasure of the taste, certainly not to relieve stress or fatigue, as this is the perfect road to alcoholism.
So I feel that the vibes of this manga are quite mixed: in a way, it shows the lady appreciating the taste of the cocktails (good point in my view) but being relieved from her stress and behaving "cuter" (nobody is cuter when drunk, especially to sober people, this is an urban legend among drinkers). And her husband fixes a drink every day for her, with the risk of making her an alcoholic. Certainly not the good message to convey, in my opinion.

Supporter
I must say that I have an issue with this manga. I drink one or two glasses of wine every day and regularly a beer or a strong alcool (whisky, cognac, armagnac, liquors, etc.). So I'm not against alcohol per se.
But I think alcohol is something that you should drink for the pleasure of the taste, certainly not to relieve stress or fatigue, as this is the perfect road to alcoholism.
So I feel that the vibes of this manga are quite mixed: in a way, it shows the lady appreciating the taste of the cocktails (good point in my view) but being relieved from her stress and behaving "cuter" (nobody is cuter when drunk, especially to sober people, this is an urban legend among drinkers). And her husband fixes a drink every day for her, with the risk of making her an alcoholic. Certainly not the good message to convey, in my opinion.
I see what you're saying, but I think it's more nuanced than that.

You know how there is an "angry drunk," a "sad drunk," a "funny drunk," etc? People react to alcohol differently. Alcohol absolutely can be something that for some people causes them to relax. I don't think there's necessarily a message here of indulging so much that one becomes an alcoholic.

Chisato is clearly very proper and formal typically and recognizes that alcohol causes her to lose her facade. Throughout the vast majority of the series, she drinks only in private around her husband. I think the "cuter" thing is more about her dropping her formality and becoming more emotional and passionate with someone she loves; it's just displayed as her being drawn in SD.

Users who are viewing this thread