Osananajimi no Ohimesama - Vol. 4 Ch. 47

Dex-chan lover
This ending wasn't that bad was it? It couldn't have ended any other way, with the whole learning how to value love and friendship without sacrificing either theme. Would've been nice if Kiyoka had a more fleshed out character arc though.

Dex-chan lover
Anyone complaining that Hinaki didn't win and that this ending sucked should just stick with straightforward one-on-one romances like My Little Monster or something if they won't entertain the thought of a pretty well written three-way relationship that wasn't even a love triangle.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, if you want to buy the volumes for me, sure, I'll do them. >_>
So do I venmo you or something??? Maybe you can set up a kofi page or something so we can do it???

Or should we just ask around if any kind soul can upload the extras???

Dex-chan lover
You know what. After everything is all said and done, I actually had a decent time with this series. Ending definetely isn't satisfying but I feel people's hatred towards it is because they see the conflict as a "who'll win" situation like a typical love-triangle instead of the challenges of balancing your platonic and romantic relationships.

It's far from being in my top 10 (or 50 even), but I definitely think the concept can be really good if the execution was better.
The conflict is how sudden it is and the fact that it's kinda obviously axed... it felt like the author actually wanted way more....

The real issue was the execution.... I mean, let's be real, we barely got to even invest in the romance since they were just building friendship...

This ending wasn't that bad was it? It couldn't have ended any other way, with the whole learning how to value love and friendship without sacrificing either theme. Would've been nice if Kiyoka had a more fleshed out character arc though.
The issue is that it felt rushed. Like the chapter before it didn't feel like a second to last chapter... like, we knew it was... but it didn't feel like it was written as one...
even if authors nowadays may not get the usual 3 chapters to wrap things up like they did in the past, he could have picked one and made a short time-skip ending showing how they got together and are happy now. this ending would be understandable if this were a manga promoting a light novel, but for an original work this fucking sucks ass!
To be fair, it was probably suddenly axed... any time skip wouldn't work because it wouldn't have enough closure... and I feel like this was a story that probably would have been almost 100 or more chapters if it continued...

A time skip wouldn't have worked because there needed to be closure to the conflict...

Dex-chan lover
To be fair, it was probably suddenly axed... any time skip wouldn't work because it wouldn't have enough closure... and I feel like this was a story that probably would have been almost 100 or more chapters if it continued...

A time skip wouldn't have worked because there needed to be closure to the conflict...
bro, did you even read the comment you quoted?! EVERY manga that was axed in the past got THREE CHAPTERS to wrap things up, no matter how sudden the axing was.
and YES, a timeskip or just some explanation seems like a last ditch effort but it's 100 % BETTER than the literal NOTHING we have now. you can stuff so much story and exposition in just some text bubbles. the resulting ending would still be kinda unsatisfying, but you could at least see whom the author chose or what his thoughts were.

Dex-chan lover
This is what happens when you consider that they're like middle school or something

Dex-chan lover
bro, did you even read the comment you quoted?! EVERY manga that was axed in the past got THREE CHAPTERS to wrap things up, no matter how sudden the axing was.
and YES, a timeskip or just some explanation seems like a last ditch effort but it's 100 % BETTER than the literal NOTHING we have now. you can stuff so much story and exposition in just some text bubbles. the resulting ending would still be kinda unsatisfying, but you could at least see whom the author chose or what his thoughts were.
Well, I think this is better than a time skip... because a time skip would feel too rushed...

While this did end, and it being finished felt rushed, the pacing itself of the events don't feel rushed.

Instead, it feels like we can actually have more chapters and not be bothered... it feels like a more comfortable end.

And maybe they did get 3 chapters, but there is also a good chance that the author already had an idea for the chapters already...

Dex-chan lover
The conflict is how sudden it is and the fact that it's kinda obviously axed... it felt like the author actually wanted way more....
I meant people's hatred towards the overall series but to be fair that was bad wording from my part (though let's be honest, people hated the ending for the previously mentioned reason too).

The real issue was the execution....
Yes... That was the point of my second "paragraph".
Pedantics aside, It did felt like the author really only figured out the form of the conflict quite late into the series, so the concept wasn't structured well during the beginning chapters which leads to why people think there should be a winning girl.

Dex-chan lover
Yes... That was the point of my second "paragraph".
Pedantics aside, It did felt like the author really only figured out the form of the conflict quite late into the series, so the concept wasn't structured well during the beginning chapters which leads to why people think there should be a winning girl.
To be fair, it wouldn't be a shock if during the dating arc, she actually started to realize feelings or what not....

If the series continued on, our boy might have gotten with his childhood friend...

Dex-chan lover
Well, I think this is better than a time skip... because a time skip would feel too rushed...

While this did end, and it being finished felt rushed, the pacing itself of the events don't feel rushed.

Instead, it feels like we can actually have more chapters and not be bothered... it feels like a more comfortable end.

And maybe they did get 3 chapters, but there is also a good chance that the author already had an idea for the chapters already...
how does something not feel rushed if you don't get any closure whatsoever and just gets cut off?

Dex-chan lover
how does something not feel rushed if you don't get any closure whatsoever and just gets cut off?
I feel like it at least ended the conflict and drama... sure, we don't know what happens to them in the future, don't know who he really will marry (maybe all 3 of them would find different lovers) but the conflict of the story is at least ended properly.

This story wasn't about their romance, it was about them over coming the fears of having a relationship and their fears of dating as kids...

Dex-chan lover
I feel like it at least ended the conflict and drama... sure, we don't know what happens to them in the future, don't know who he really will marry (maybe all 3 of them would find different lovers) but the conflict of the story is at least ended properly.

This story wasn't about their romance, it was about them over coming the fears of having a relationship and their fears of dating as kids...
dunno, i thought a ROMcom is about romance, maybe? that's how i see it at least - and the other ppl pissed off at the ending.
so like i said twice already, no closure whatsoever and no ending, just a cutoff. but if you are one of the few ppl liking this, good on you i guess.

Dex-chan lover
dunno, i thought a ROMcom is about romance, maybe? that's how i see it at least - and the other ppl pissed off at the ending.
so like i said twice already, no closure whatsoever and no ending, just a cutoff. but if you are one of the few ppl liking this, good on you i guess.
Oh, no, I don't like it...

I just feel like a random move to the future would have shorten the final development we had.

Basically, it was a lose lose, but I feel losing the future cut was better than shortening this closure... the closure the characters had about the drama felt more necessary than a marriage scene in the future.. it feels better written...

I feel most of the issue is because this series was cut short way too soon....

Yeah, that's was an ending.
Thanks for translate the last chapter. :win: :win: :win:

Personally, I don't think the author was even trying to give Hinaki a chance, that's what i feel after reading all this.
All that "Being alone is not so bad, huh? Shit was probably just to put Hinaki out of scene, im actually fucking mad 'cause Hinaki deserved better, she could've grown so much and beautifully, but she never was intended to win the love triangle.
Heck, im actually kind of glad she didn't win cuz she won't be this weak MC's girlfriend.
HINAKI DESERVED BETTER!!
Thanks for the scan and thanks everyone for the good ride, but seriously, go read Kubo-san, honestly it was so much better.
Stay safe.

Fed-Kun's army
i like this good story a bit rushed near the end due to being axed? but still enjoyable

This manga was one of the biggest dogshit that i have ever read.The characters are so generic and one dimensional,the art is bad but not the worst,the story is so boring and lame.Truth to be told i have read first 10 chapters and skipped to last one. 3/10

Contributor
Hinaki turning the tables on Kiyoka over that love gossip was cute. Neither girl has been in a slumber party with other girls before but now's the perfect time to change that.

I knew it, nothing was made official with Kiyoka and Shunsuke. I can't even say with full confidence that Kiyoka won despite Hinaki not developing romantic feelings for Shunsuke in the end and her treating them like a couple. The most I can get is them having mutual feelings for each other, but refused to make it official even after confessing. Should I be happy I can't say Kiyoka lost either? The romance in this "romcom" remained kinda unresolved, although I guess it's not completely zero like at the start...

Shunsuke really didn't develop any further from being a lovestruck but weak-willed guy. Only Kiyoka and Hinaki really grew here. Nevermind that the "love triangle" premise turned out to be bogus in the end. Shouldn't have described this as a "love triangle romcom" if it was going to be mostly about balancing romance vs friendship, choosing between a love interest and a platonic best friend which is a far better and more accurate way to describe what happened in this story. Nothing against that, but expectations would've been more in line with what we got.

Oh, well. I did enjoy some parts, especially the end of volume 3 and most of volume 4. Could've been better, but the axe says no. Gonna miss Kiyoka and Hinaki, but not Shunsuke who's a dime-a-dozen. Off the the Completed pile.

Does anyone know if the final volume included an extra chapter or something like that?

Users who are viewing this thread