[Oshi no Ko] - Ch. 119 - BIOLOGICAL MOTHER

I wonder where does this end up. Ruby and Aqua seemed to be on good terms in the early chapters' flash forward, at least in front of the camera, so there might be a happy end to this part, but who knows.

Anyway, it's break time so we won't know until 2 weeks.

Aggregator gang
Is that photo from her last birthday? If so, assuming my math is right, she couldn't have been more than 20 when Sarina was born.

and it is very strange that neither of them has expressed even the slightest curiosity and asked the other party.
Aqua did when they were in preschool, back in chapter 7. Ruby dodged the question, and he decided not to pry. They've both decided it's not something they need to know.

Dex-chan lover
Damn, didn't see that one coming, it really took me by surprise, and here was I thinking there would be no more shocking revelations, at least for a while, and certainly not coming from Ruby's past life.
Come to think, Shirogane mother was also pretty sociopathic too.

Dex-chan lover
so she is still carrying that stigma and her mother doesn't know better... this manga really manages to depict our dark side huh

Dex-chan lover
It's been 20+ years since Sarina died, what does Aqua expect her mom to do? Trauma dump about her dead child to some stranger she just met? What if she became a better parent after Sarina died?

Maybe I'm stupid but why does sarinas mom moving on with her life make her double Hitler?
Sarina died alone and her family didn't even show up to her funeral, the implication is that her mother dumped her in a hospital in the middle of nowhere to forget about her and spend time with her healthy children. She never actually cared about Sarina's well being and "moved on with her life" the second she got back Sarina's diagnosis

I think Ruby really have to meet this old hag Marina, for acting purposes only, she already got two loving mothers now. And now that I think about it, Sarina would be 29 or 30 if she's still alive.
12 + 4 + 17 = 33
but still, math doesn't add up in this case so Ruby mentally-wise is still a vulnerable teenage girl, poor her with this shitty parents

Dex-chan lover
Mothers in this manga don't know how to mom.

IIRC Aqua doesn't know Ruby is Sarina, same thing the other way around. Remember how she reacted when she found his corpse?
Oh you're right. So he won't even think about telling her to begin with. Unless he's just exasperated about it and shares the conversation with her as an anecdote and she reacts badly if he mentions the name.

Dex-chan lover
You know the situation is supernatural, and is this way for both of them? It's not even about digging up the past, it's about comparing notes to try and figure out what the fuck has happened to both of them, and it is very strange that neither of them has expressed even the slightest curiosity and asked the other party.
Besides, neither of them respects each other, and Aqua is the guy who would totally dig up the past and do underhanded shit to Ruby, something he has done a couple of times throughout the manga
Aqua most likely did ask but Ruby definitely doesn't care what magic or entity made her Ai's kid, he probably gave up after seeing how obsessed Ruby is with Ai.
Yes he is willing to do weird shit, but digging up who she was before she became Ruby wouldn't help. For example when he's trying to stop Ruby from joining the idol industry, "Hey I know you're Sarina" means nothing.
Even if he tried, there's nothing he could do to figure out who she is, not in the real world since Sarina was nowhere near as active as Ruby for obvious reasons, there's a pretty big difference between Sarina and Ruby's personality even though they're the same. In his mind Sarina is this little kid that adores Ai, while Ruby is crazy since day 1. There nothing on the internet either, Ai would've had plenty of diehard fans defending her on Twitter besides Sarina.

Users who are viewing this thread