[Oshi no Ko] - Ch. 123 - BAD MOVE

Dex-chan lover
I WAS REALLY HOPING AKA WAS NOT GOING TO BE MYTHOLOGY-ACCURATE WITH THIS PART

If you accept that OnK is an adaptation of Shinto mythology in the same way Kagyua was with The Bamboo Cutter, then Ruby actually is Amaterasu and Aqua is Tsukuyomi. Who were siblings - born from the left and right eyes of Izanagi respectively - and were married to each other.

Dex-chan lover
I know Aqua will say no, I'm just worried she thinks it's a yes. Imagine if she finds out he dates Akane and likes Kana. She'd be murdering female celebs like her dad.

I WAS REALLY HOPING AKA WAS NOT GOING TO BE MYTHOLOGY-ACCURATE WITH THIS PART

If you accept that OnK is an adaptation of Shinto mythology in the same way Kagyua was with The Bamboo Cutter, then Ruby actually is Amaterasu and Aqua is Tsukuyomi. Who were siblings - born from the left and right eyes of Izanagi respectively - and were married to each other.
That theory make sense if we take in consideration both twins have a star in their eyes inherited from their mother.

Dex-chan lover
They have two main issues really. Age (both mental and physical) and being siblings.

Their respective ages are a mess. Aqua/Gorou was around 30 y/o when he died and he has been in his current body for 18 years now, making his current "mental" age around 50, and his "physical" age 18. That said, he has already admitted that the line separating his current self as "Aqua" and his former self as "Gorou" was blurring, and his mind was being influenced by his current body. I honestly have no idea how to pinpoint his real age, and if this happened in real life, I would feel sorry for the poor fucker that got stuck in this situation. Now matter who you choose as a partner, the disparity between mental and physical ages are going to mess with it heavily.

Ruby, on the other hand, died at 12 y/o and is currently 18. Even if we account for arrested development from being hospitalized for most of her previous life, assuming her "mental" age to be ≥20 as a conservative estimate seems reasonable imo.

As I said, it's a mess. Needless to say, this is an important obstacle that they would have to figure out. Entirely on their own of course, since nobody except Deus Ex Ma- I mean, Crow Girl seems to know about their reincarnation.

That said, all of that pales in comparison to the elephant in the room. The fact that their current bodies are directly blood related. As twin siblings no less.

This, in my opinion, is the greatest obstacle between them being "together". Afaik, incest is technically legal in Japan, with provisions made so that the younger party is not being abused by the power dynamics inherent in their relationship. But, not only does everyone and their mother know that they are brother and sister, there's a good reason that incest is ostracized in any modern society. Just procreation itself is risky, and the normalization of incest would be a devastating blow to the overall health of any people.

So really, they have 2 main paths. They get together or not. If they do, they have to choose whether lie their entire lives to keep it secret, or they go public with it, which would make them a target of criticism and discrimination the rest of their lives. Not to mention the possibility of having children...

In any case, unless the author wants to go down the... weird route, the fact that they share blood will keep them from being together; aka Aqua/Gorou will do his best to reason with Ruby that being a couple is just not feasible.

Part of me can relate to Aqua's feelings back at the start of the story.
sus-twins.jpg

No matter the way it goes, interesting drama will ensue. I'm looking forward to it.

ai-returns-1.jpg

ai-returns-3.jpg

fb1e38191b6f9063de1d1481f42dc9a2c2a1009a212d4daeb366ff1251d5cdb2.jpg

ai-returns-4.jpg
Keeping the bloodline pure

Dex-chan lover
I CAN HEAR THE BANJO SO LOUD THIS TIME!!!

Jokes Aside.. Aka Akasaka antics just goes full circle.. He makes fun of tsundere and then later he writes about tsundere.. Later he makes fun of minor pregnancy and then later he writes something about minor pregnancy.. And this time he makes fun of incest and later he writes something about incest..

I wonder what will he makes fun next...

Dex-chan lover
Please don't... Their dynamic was fine as siblings, there's no need to force this relationship
Except it was shown from the very beginning that she was in love with sensei.... and the 2 of them always kept a distance from each other in some ways...

This was an obvious twist from the start... though he's probably gonna get with our favorite baking soda eater in the end...

we could've easily predicted this would happen. they knew each other in past lives and liked each other and reincarnated as siblings. it was only a matter of time before they realized who they were in their past lives. i mean i get why people are shocked but this outcome could've been predicted early on.

if they actually get together though and want kids i hope they adopt cause they're blood-related in those bodies...

Users who are viewing this thread