【OSHI NO KO】 - Ch. 133 - ACTING

Dex-chan lover
It was about the mangaplus section, where the second most popular comment was the hope that "incest groomers" would stop ship Aqua and Ruby after she called her brother a member of her family.

Personally, I always saw her as a teenager whose life was so abnormal that she simply did not know how to react to ordinary things. Remember how long it took her to realize that children needed to be told that she loved them?
the thing is that her life is so abnormal that it sounds weird to say that she is a teenager that simply did not know how to react to ordinary things. I mean, all these characters had to actually study her to barely grasp her perspective an emotions.

Dex-chan lover
What you mean?
In Akasaka's other series, Kaguya-sama, Maki's best friend was dating her crush, and it was a running joke.
I said that because Kana is best girl, and it doesn't seem like she's gonna get together with Aqua.
...Guess it was kind of an irrelevant reference though.

Dex-chan lover
the thing is that her life is so abnormal that it sounds weird to say that she is a teenager that simply did not know how to react to ordinary things. I mean, all these characters had to actually study her to barely grasp her perspective an emotions.
Marginalized or traumatized people are often unable to experience or express emotions normally. True, anime and manga often portray this in an exaggerated manner.

Dex-chan lover
Absolutely atrocious move from Kana, might be her worst one yet.

I like the detail that apparently Akane was included when Ruby talked about her family (at least it looked like her)

Double-page supporter
Hmm.. I don't get it. Is it worth it for Kana to say that? I mean, that's her honest feelings. It's not just her "acting" to get Ruby motivated. Yeah, I don't get it.

Also, Akane is counted as Ruby's family. I wonder why... 🤔

Dex-chan lover
I hope next chapter will continue on this rather than jumping away.
But the incoming year end break (one edition sandwiched between two break weeks) and Aka's reputation made it very likely he will just drop a bomb and then take a strategic break to make it like 3-4 weeks at least until next chapter (jumping to another plot).

It's nice that this one directly continue from the previous chapter.
The Akane and Aqua's interaction for example, ends as just a tease.

About the acting and chapter.
I'd be happier if Aka had elaborated where Ruby stumbled. Based on previous chapter, this time it would be scenes related to Ai's relationship to other B-Komachi members, and he cut it short by saying she is hitting a wall.
Back in chapter 120, he at least give an idea about the underlying cause (Sarina has an idealized view of a mother, so she can't understand Ai's feeling).
This time, it wouldn't hurt if he let Ruby elaborate more, why she think her acting is inadequate, what part of did she think her acting is inadequate in understanding the real Ai.

So, I might be wrong in this. Kana is an experienced actress. She use her experience to empathise with the character and know better how to act as them. Ruby is inexperienced, will she got caught in the pitfall of thinking the character will act like her after she got similar experience. Because how Ai react to Nino's telling her to die, won't be the same as how Ruby react to Kana telling her to die. Like, Ai probably accepted the feeling with a kind of surrender, while Ruby might still be trying to fix things up.

Hmm.. I don't get it. Is it worth it for Kana to say that? I mean, that's her honest feelings. It's not just her "acting" to get Ruby motivated. Yeah, I don't get it.
Kana and Nino are not the same person.
Kana does feel the envy to Ruby, but she made different choices. Unlike Nino, she got another place and another passion (acting). So she can think she and Ruby will be going different way, and she's not just running away, because acting had been what she always wanted anyway. So that feeling would hurt her less than it did to Nino.

She only say it out now to let Ruby experience Ai's rejection by Nino. Her feeling is real, but not as severe as it looks.
And as shown in earlier chapters, she had the tendency to sacrifice herself. So it's worth the risk of tragedy for her.

Kana might know where Ruby stumbled, but as I mentioned above, would have like it better if we the readers are also shown in what way she is misinterpreting Ai so much she know it need to be fixed.

Also, Akane is counted as Ruby's family. I wonder why... 🤔
That part is really problematic.
Seeing from how Ruby explain it, her definition of family in that context are people (she believe) are close to her and still caught in Ai's death.
She only knew Akane as her brother's ex-girlfriend, but never have any idea she is involved, or heavily influenced by Ai's death.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
I relate to Kana here. Starting a fight like this is never the best case scenario but it happens.

Aggregator gang
pretty sure make Ruby "angry" to play Ai better already happen, first the director, now Kana, so whos next.? Aqua.?

Aggregator gang
I sense that Kana's gambit would work, and Ruby would go full Ai, but she'd also see through the ruse and trip up Kana's game. Kana would notice the change, but be unable to do anything about it because the "status quo" has already subtly changed while remaining exactly the same on the surface. Ruby's spiral into the Ai headspace would get deeper and deeper until the old B-Komachi ladies show up again and freak out because Ruby by this point would be functionally indistinguishable from Ai. Aqua allows the situation to remain like this during filming, then by the end of it he thoughtlessly stops the spiraling but also makes Ruby even more dependent on him for some reason.

Idk why but it feels like what Akasaka would pull.

Autistic? Ai seemed more like a sociopath, literally incapable of feeling and understanding emotions like the "normal" people.

I would even call her borderline psychopath, only borderline because she didn't actually commit crimes.
Psychopaths don't all commit crimes. See for example here https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/05/200512190000.htm
The funniest example I've heard about was a neuroscientist who researched psychopaths and during his study he discovered he had a psychopath brain himself (he was quite surprised, his family was not).

Users who are viewing this thread