【Oshi no Ko】 - Ch. 139 - LOOKISM

Dex-chan lover
Lookism is prejudice or discrimination toward people who are considered to be physically unattractive. It occurs in a variety of settings, including dating, social environments, and workplaces.[1]

Congrats, the points in your unhinged rant literally is what the term lookism is used to encapsulate. Maybe you should’ve googled it before you threw a tantrum in the comments section of a comic piracy site.
no, shrug, and I based it off the way Ruby interpreted it and clearly stated I didn't google it.

Shocker, I didn't know that and even said so out loud so whats your point?

Dex-chan lover
Wow. A piece of Hikaru Kamiki backstory huh?

Btw, Shiranui will have many chances to touch Aqua's body if the film digs deep into the scandal in the theater troupe. I wonder if it can make any of these girls jealous. Some normal rom-com moments like that are indispensable especially when the plot is getting closer to its peak. :meguusmug:
THIS :this:

Like, I know Kana and Akane are professional actresses so their outside reactions might not be as instense as what I want but I really need their POV stat

Dex-chan lover
So Kamiki was molested (maybe even raped) by this woman. That's interesting. I wonder if he became a psychopath because of this or was already a nut case from the beginning.
if I understand this correctly, it's still just the scene, not the "real" backstory. It's Aqua's interpretation, specifically prepared to target his father.
Real backstory may or may not be revealed later, if it was somehow different enough for that difference to be a plotpoint.
For example, scene shows how a boy was molested by an adult actress.
Maybe it was way worse and they both were used in some kind of sick game of some criminal producer. Or the boy was broken way before that and broke that woman by himself.
we'll have to wait and see, I'm not ready to take this chapter as "real real backstory" yet.

Ok, maybe an unpopular opinion, but I don't like this manga - it's too all over the place and at the same time nothing is happening. This is not worth the cop out ending of Kaguya.
Something IS happening, but it's just slow-paced AF and takes forever to get to the point. See you in 5 years when this manga concludes or we're thrown into another arc.

Something IS happening, but it's just slow-paced AF and takes forever to get to the point. See you in 5 years when this manga concludes or we're thrown into another arc.
If you're a real manga/story fan, you won't give a shit. In fact, you'd probably complain too if the story was rushed.

I'd rather mangakas live a healthy life and give us a complete story at their own pace.

RIP Miura-sensei

Dex-chan lover
On one hand, it's understandable since they knew each other in the past life and weren't related back then. On the other hand, if you really believed in reincarnation, you would have to approve every incestual couple by that logic since their past lives were unlikely to have been related.
The difference was that she was in love with him DURING their past lives....

A pass due to their specific situation rather than just simply being unrelated in their previous life...

Though I'm still rooting for baking soda...

Dex-chan lover
Who said only woman been molested in idol industry. Male also will be molested by woman or maybe worse by another men's.
"worse by other men" - given all my experience with violent yuri, I can bet that if there was lesbian rape in a manga like this, many people would find it extremely hot. People usually tend to ignore objective abuse and violence if it intersects with some moe.

Dex-chan lover
The difference was that she was in love with him DURING their past lives....

A pass due to their specific situation rather than just simply being unrelated in their previous life...

Though I'm still rooting for baking soda...
Japanese mythology considers many twins to be the reincarnation of tragically separated lovers (yes, including same-sex lovers), so this will still have some vibe.

Dex-chan lover
Ok, maybe an unpopular opinion, but I don't like this manga - it's too all over the place and at the same time nothing is happening. This is not worth the cop out ending of Kaguya.
Nah, after the shit-fest that was that last Kaguya family arc this is much better
I'm actually surprised how much it managed to sour that manga for me that I actually like Ren'ai Daikou more

Dex-chan lover
If you're a real manga/story fan, you won't give a shit. In fact, you'd probably complain too if the story was rushed.

I'd rather mangakas live a healthy life and give us a complete story at their own pace.

RIP Miura-sensei
Some people don't get that it will be a much better read like this. Right now it just seems slow because we have to wait a week for the chapter but it will be a much better experience in the volume or when you come back to binge read it.

Dex-chan lover
I've seen a lot of shit in my life [and guro hentai isn't even scratching the surface] but the last page...

Dex-chan lover
Holy crap. So much I wanna say. So I'll start on a serious note.

If it really turns out Hikaru was sexually abused that made him the way he is now, then that's just messed up. I wonder if he saw Airi dead the first time he saw some satisfaction and had to maintain his image as an actor.

Now on a cheery note, Ruby fangirling over her brother is just so obvious yet funny. XD
And if it turns out to have a sex scene between Hikaru and Ai, I don't think Ruby can contain herself. XD

Either way, I'm prepared.

Users who are viewing this thread