【Oshi no Ko】 - Ch. 139 - LOOKISM

Dex-chan lover
I think it's fucked up to say that his looks turned her into a monster. It's practically blaming the victim. While he is a serial killer now he was a grooming victim then. before all of it. On the other hand, she was already a monster with no self restraint and deviant tastes

Dex-chan lover
Technically legal in Japan I think
Sadly yes. They only raise the age of consent to 16 a year ago. And that's not only it, in Japan, legally speaking rape is only considered so if there is vaginal penetration. Thus anal sex or boys being raped by woman carry smaller sentences

Dex-chan lover
The drama starting to become uncomfortable I'm not sure what will the audience's reactions be when they watch this :worry:

Dex-chan lover
The difference was that she was in love with him DURING their past lives....

A pass due to their specific situation rather than just simply being unrelated in their previous life...

Though I'm still rooting for baking soda...
Akane's the only way, but if you want to go wild, we go the 'incest is wincest' route

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
"worse by other men" - given all my experience with violent yuri, I can bet that if there was lesbian rape in a manga like this, many people would find it extremely hot. People usually tend to ignore objective abuse and violence if it intersects with some moe.
True.... but that's more because it's manga and less to do with actually being okay with it...

The issue is that people don't realize they are only giving the pass because it's manga.... they don't realize the disconnect because in most cases, they'd never have to deal with such a situation in real life....

Dex-chan lover
Japanese mythology considers many twins to be the reincarnation of tragically separated lovers (yes, including same-sex lovers), so this will still have some vibe.
That is a very cool fact I did not know.... though it makes sense when you realize many god couples in Shinto myth are technically twins.....

Dex-chan lover
Haha, it's been a while since I saw that expression on Ai's face. It's somewhat nostalgic.

So how would they film this irl anyway? I don't think Aqua is that short, so is she (I forgot the married woman's artist name) just walking on taller wooden plank during that whole scene between the two?

Dex-chan lover
this throws me off cause they're having actors around the same age play both grown adults with families and middle schoolers i just imagine it looks like a high school video project

Dex-chan lover
you all think ruby and aqua already...? i mean ruby is that open in public, what do you think she will do to him when it's just two of them at home?

Dex-chan lover
That is a very cool fact I did not know.... though it makes sense when you realize many god couples in Shinto myth are technically twins.....
Pairs of twins are generally characteristic of pagan mythology, as this helps the narrative of the union of opposite men and women. Some Polynesians have similar myths.
True.... but that's more because it's manga and less to do with actually being okay with it...

The issue is that people don't realize they are only giving the pass because it's manga.... they don't realize the disconnect because in most cases, they'd never have to deal with such a situation in real life....
The idea that forced lesbian relationships or the seduction of a boy by an adult woman is hot is quite present in real life. No matter how much modern society likes to shout loudly about its progressiveness, we are still full of the most primitive prejudices.

Group Leader
I wonder whether this part is info Aqua got from investigating or part he interpet has happened.

I mean, even I will think that the actress raped an 11 years old than them having sex with full consent from both party.

Lookism…? Please tell me they didn’t make being attractive into being a victim did they? I’m terrified to even google the term.

You know what’s worse than the fear of being taken advantage of? A fear of being treated like a monster for doing literally nothing but existing. Because when people are trying to take advantage of you, you still get treated like a person along the way, And while some people may be bad, you still have the opportunity to be happy, you have the chance at happiness ugly people don’t even get to attempt.

When you get treated like a monster, you don’t even get that benefit. You don’t even get a word you don’t even get a hello. You get treated as a monster, and everyone feels justified in continuing that because you look ugly as hell.

You never get to fall in love you never get to go on dates you never get to be loved you never get to gain social skills. You never get to do anything that makes you happy when you’re ugly.

Fucking lookism, fucking he’ll what a fucking stupid term
I ain't reading allat.

Double-page supporter
Nah, after the shit-fest that was that last Kaguya family arc this is much better
I'm actually surprised how much it managed to sour that manga for me that I actually like Ren'ai Daikou more
Can you tell me what's so good about it? Because I don't seem to get it. I don't care about any of the characters. Even Kaguya's last arc feels better to me than this chore of a manga.

Dex-chan lover
The idea that forced lesbian relationships or the seduction of a boy by an adult woman is hot is quite present in real life. No matter how much modern society likes to shout loudly about its progressiveness, we are still full of the most primitive prejudices.
To be fair, the ones who are most okay with older women seducing boys were adult men who wished they were seduced when younger... those that, when they were young dreamed of getting with their sexy teachers....

The ones who remember having crushes when they were that young. It's basically them having their dreams fulfilled...

Dex-chan lover
To be fair, the ones who are most okay with older women seducing boys were adult men who wished they were seduced when younger... those that, when they were young dreamed of getting with their sexy teachers....

The ones who remember having crushes when they were that young. It's basically them having their dreams fulfilled...
I couldn't agree more. Although it is also not uncommon for the victim of such seduction to later turn out to be a scapegoat for having “destroyed such an opportunity.”

Dex-chan lover
Dudee, I love back scratches. It's better than sex. But he got both anyway

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread