【Oshi no Ko】 - Ch. 148 - END OF SUMMER

I pray for Aka not to be too obvious, please surprise me. Killing Akane would be too obvious. Using the Half-brother as a tool to kill her is less obvious but still foreseeable since his introduction.

Please, just fucking surprise me with something else.

Concessions in romance manga never last, this actually sets up something tragic to happen to Akane for Kana to swoop in and pull it back. Then again, the fact it's so trite that a girl concedes and then walks it back means that Aka might actually have the concession stick because THAT is more of a twist than a dramatic retraction

Previously, Akane said that Aqua was "smitten" by Arima, who cut contact with her (but not Akane) out of consideration for her safety if shtf.
Since she just said she looks forwards his happiness by any means, still simps for Arima and is kinder & more moral than her (see how wqshe reacted when Arima and Ruby humiliated and taunted the driver for being an incel just after he provided them with a great service - such a difference ; also I think the sun lotion thing was as much about foiling Arima's "subtle" plan for physical contact as simping for her idol), it is very likely she'll push Arima & Aqua together, selflessly.

All of this shows that Akane is pretty much the perfect woman in all regards, so better than Arima. No wonder so many shippers root for her.
Yet Aqua still prefers her because as shown a few chapters before, love, at least for Aqua, is more a matter of compatibility than the rational choice of objective perfection/superiority. She also manages to cheer him up every time without even trying or realizing it, which greatly conforts him since he's always desperate, melancholic and nihilistic. He also relates and pity her for trying to hard and failing, kinda like him.

In the long run, I don't see Aqua surviving the whole thing, especially if he kills Akane, who constitutes the perfect next target (he noticed she knows about him, he likes to assassinate perfect women) - just because he doesn't love her like Arima obviously doesn't mean he doesn't care nor greatly values her. So Arima will get what she longed for so long, but will eventually fall from higher in the end.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Rate my schizo prediction

Best Daddy of the Year will try to shank Akane, publicly
He then gets torn to shreds by Ruby (literally), while this time Aqua manages to save victim's life

Double-page supporter
Kanabros! Your commander is sinking her own ship! What is this?!

I'm of Akane's fleet since day one. But what the heck with this girl spawning death flags left, right, and center all the time?! I thought she survived back then in a certain arc that I couldn't remember. But to this day, she continues to lure death to her back. Even Kana is spawning a "Aqua looks the happiest with you" death flag to Akane.

I can't... Akane can't catch a break from dying. 😭

Dex-chan lover
  • The million dollar question! Kana is trying to motivate Akane because she's gave up and Akane will be revealed as the main love interest or is Kana gave up to get a drama arc after which Aqua will choose her as the one who earned love through suffering?!
  • Ruby is still on the incest route.

Judging by the way Aqua used the “you must be very good friends” perk when they were fooling around on the beach, Kana may well take part in this too.
I for one, am of the mindset the MILF / Elektra complex will shine true in the hardest of times,.

Or you know, the good ol' Harem route is one way to go.

Honestly, with Aka you can never know. I'd pin the highest likelihood of it still just being Aqua + Kana if we get any romance at all, but it's truly anything goes with how this story seems to be on the express train towards its ending.

Dex-chan lover
I for one, am of the mindset the MILF / Elektra complex will shine true in the hardest of times,.

Or you know, the good ol' Harem route is one way to go.

Honestly, with Aka you can never know. I'd pin the highest likelihood of it still just being Aqua + Kana if we get any romance at all, but it's truly anything goes with how this story seems to be on the express train towards its ending.
Well, at one time I didn’t expect so obvious tease of the incest route, since with a seemingly serious beginning it looked like just the result of a fan’s wishful thinking.

Dex-chan lover
I'm honestly... quite disappointed with how the filming arc wrapped up.

It could have been soooo much better with the right execution.

Oh well, should've already figured something like this would happen when I saw Kaguya's last arc.
Yeah he keeps starting other stories before finishing his old ones too, I feel like he just stops caring as much about his stories after he's halfway done with them

Users who are viewing this thread