【Oshi no Ko】 - Ch. 155 - Happy End

Dex-chan lover
That has nothing to do with their starburst pupils. Both Ai and Hikaru have the starburst and have nothing to do with the crow girl.
Ummmm.... weren't they just supposed to be symbolism or something??? All of the star girls had galaxy or stary eyes...

Dex-chan lover
The crow explained the reincarnation, but I don't recall them explaning the eyes.

They also set up the whole Izanagi/Izanami/Ameterasu/Tsukuyomi tetrad (where mythologically the crow would be their herald) and this ending would be dropping most of that thematic setup.
I don't think the eyes actually mean anything or are really like that. I feel it's more for the sake of viewers.... and it's symbolism and stuff like that....

Dex-chan lover
I didn't know that either; who did he kill and do you think he meant to kill ai?
When his character was presented many chapters ago (I legit don't even remember when) he was shown setting up a famous actress, that he invited on a hiking trip into the mountains, into an accident that broke her limbs and he just stood there watching her die. And his little dialogue seems to imply that he has done it before because he enjoys it.
As for him saying he regrets killing her and blah blah, I think it's just manipulation from a psychopath pretending to feel guilty.
If it turns out that he is legit sorry, then the whole scene of his other murder is just bad writing in my opinion. A person that kills people on cold blood like him can't not feel sorry, they are not wired upstairs like the rest

Dex-chan lover
who we drugging this time nino

the women youve been looking down on this whole time... are not creatures to be trifled with ✍️️‍🔥️‍🔥️‍🔥

Aggregator gang
Aka is trying so hard to subvert his audience's expectations, disregarding everything. Let's see how it goes..

Dex-chan lover
I don't think the eyes actually mean anything or are really like that. I feel it's more for the sake of viewers.... and it's symbolism and stuff like that....

Okay but...symbolism of what exactly? You can't just have something off the cuff and highlighted like that and handwave it away with "it's symbolic". Symbols have meaning, what is the meaning of the starburst pupils? Why do Ruby and Aqua have them as children if it's meant to be symbolic of something relating to acting/talent/whatever. Ruby and Aqua have no talent as children, the only reason Aqua was cast in TV/Movies was because he behaved like an adult in a child's body which was really off putting and uncanny. If it's related to Ai and Hikaru in some way then why did the starlet Hikaru murdered also have the starburst in her eyes? Why can Akane get the same starburst when she mimics Ai?

There has to be a reason for its existence other than "it looks cool and makes key characters stand out". We can pretty much figure out at this point that the color of the starburst reflects the emotions of the person who has them, with Hikaru and Aqua having black starbursts when they are being all menacing and revenge-y. Ruby gets black starbursts too when she overhears Aqua talking about who murdered their mom and his plans and she gets all aboard the revenge train as well. Still doesn't explain why they have a starburst to begin with and why that random starlet also had it (and yet no one else in the entertainment industry seems to have it).

Dex-chan lover
No Happy Endings. One more antagonist left. Aka is about to finish this dish well 🙏😔

Dex-chan lover
So you are telling me that aka expended 150 chapters building this revenge story, hyping the villain as a mysterious serial killer to just let him off the hook; they didn't even bother to call the police, and now the final boss is a random crazy lady that only appeared in a couple of chapters...

What is going on here. None of this makes any sense. How hard was it to just deliver what you promised, a revege story, At least send the guy to jail if you are not going to kill him for god's sake.
can you tell me which chapter this crazy lady shows up? i need to refresh my memory.

can you tell me which chapter this crazy lady shows up? i need to refresh my memory.
Chapter 132, I reread it and she even implied that she was an accomplice alongside the "it was a prank bro" killer, making all this "I didn't want to kill her it was an accident" even worse

Dex-chan lover
Man, I really gotta re-read this whole series. Weekly/bi-weekly releases have me losing small details and foreshadowing every time.

Dex-chan lover
Okay but...symbolism of what exactly? You can't just have something off the cuff and highlighted like that and handwave it away with "it's symbolic". Symbols have meaning, what is the meaning of the starburst pupils? Why do Ruby and Aqua have them as children if it's meant to be symbolic of something relating to acting/talent/whatever. Ruby and Aqua have no talent as children, the only reason Aqua was cast in TV/Movies was because he behaved like an adult in a child's body which was really off putting and uncanny. If it's related to Ai and Hikaru in some way then why did the starlet Hikaru murdered also have the starburst in her eyes? Why can Akane get the same starburst when she mimics Ai?

There has to be a reason for its existence other than "it looks cool and makes key characters stand out". We can pretty much figure out at this point that the color of the starburst reflects the emotions of the person who has them, with Hikaru and Aqua having black starbursts when they are being all menacing and revenge-y. Ruby gets black starbursts too when she overhears Aqua talking about who murdered their mom and his plans and she gets all aboard the revenge train as well. Still doesn't explain why they have a starburst to begin with and why that random starlet also had it (and yet no one else in the entertainment industry seems to have it).
It really might just be a visual..... maybe you are just over thinking unique designs.....

But it might also represent how they all have one star they look up to..... while Kana, having an entire Galaxy might be free.....

Like, it's probably more for just viewers to enjoy, but also maybe symbolize the characters and their thoughts or something....

People have various theories with the ones I mentioned being one of them.....

But it's probably mostly just artistic and not something that needs to really be explained or over thought of or something....

It's a character design choice for viewers. And even if it has symbolism, it's probably meant for viewers to figure out rather than for characters to tell us, because, for these characters, those things don't exist, they are just regular eyes...

That is what art is about. We as viewers have to figure these things out.

Try to actually find the meaning of why the author used those eyes....

It's not like they are magic eyes or anything like that, it's symbolism for viewers to figure out.

Double-page supporter
yh, no, this is just an asspull.
and I'd actually be fine, with letting Dad live and let him suffer in guilt, but too much shit doesn't add up here.

So if we accept that Dad just vented to that fan and "accidentally" set him up to kill Ai, then Nino did the same first, which ended up killing Goro? I guess another B-Komachi member would have had a chance to find out about the pregnancy and which Hospital the director took her to...., but still BS.

Guess Aka blew the creative load with the first third of the series. shame.

Fed-Kun's army
That is what art is about. We as viewers have to figure these things out.

Try to actually find the meaning of why the author used those eyes....

It's not like they are magic eyes or anything like that, it's symbolism for viewers to figure out.
don't we know now though? in the early movie script ai says something to the effect of the eye starbursts mean the person is good at lying

Double-page supporter
She’s their real mom tbh, always took care of them even when Ai was alive

Users who are viewing this thread