[Oshi no Ko] - Vol. 2 Ch. 17 - Staging

Dex-chan lover
Just Googled what happened to Act-Age.

Author is based, groping female students while saying it wasn't wrong. His arrogance led to his arrest and cancellation of the manga, anime and stage play.

Predicting he'll be given a thousand years of pain by Gay Prisoners while being locked up.

Aqua is more like a talented director than an actor. Makes sense considering he is an apprentice to the director for +-10 years.

Also, this manga fill the hole left by Act-age perfectly.

Dex-chan lover
The face of the maiden who has fallen in love with the protagonist.
"That look on her face isn't an act"
Oh my! Bravo, Aqua! You've made Narushima Melt, the actor playing that role of the protagonist, finally show the emotions that touched Kana's heart! So she actually did fall in love with that "playboy". Nice!
Now, if there'll be rumors that two lead actors whose characters were going to fall in love have actually fell in love IRL, the show's gonna be much more popular.
Good job well done.

I like the framing here a lot more than Act-Age's.

Acting isn't about being an ethereal higher being, it's about collaborating well with the people around you and anticipating the needs of the production as a whole.

I really like how the in-show script parallels what's going with Kana and Aqua. Kana has dreams and a passion for acting, yet she knows that the show will never amount to anything, which is very similar to what Aqua says on page 16: "Nobody wants someone like you. Know your place, and stop dreaming already. You'll never amount to anything. Your life is nothing but pitch darkness."

And yet, even so, she still has hope, both in-show as a the protagonist girl, and in-universe as an actor.

It's explicitly stated that her last expression on page 21 isn't an act, but I don't think her full page expression on page 18 (which works both as a climax of this chapter and the drama) is an act either, thanks to Aqua's actions.

Or, to quote page 5: "The young girl who doesn't know love, sheds tears, having been protected by someone for the first time."

10/10 chapter, this is the Akasaka Aka that I know.

@jdjohndoe13
Yo I think she didn't fall in love with the "playboy protagonist" but rather to the protagonist of this story which is our mc.
Referring the the page where she looks at the mc in the end with that face.

Dex-chan lover
@eternalfarnham well you do have to bear in mind that there is a difference in how they portray the actors in the two different series. Act-Age was far more about the art of it and to that extent it focused on actors that were basically filled to the brim with talent. Oshi no Ko meanwhile is about the world of it, especially the darker aspects of show business in general, and Aqua himself believes he isn't talented with acting. So to give a good performance, it's about the production as a whole for him rather than his individual worth, so we see a very different display. This production in the first place too is one where actors are almost meaningless for their acting so it was up to the staff around them to make something that worked, so him working with them here is the right move for a good product.

Users who are viewing this thread