[Oshi no Ko] - Vol. 3 Ch. 25 - Outrage

Fed-Kun's army
Some people are realy garbage... can't they understand that there are real people behind their screen ? Or are they just spewing hate knowingly because they like it ? I couldn't agree more on the fact that cyberbullying should be punished. Deaththreat are punishable when written on paper so why not on Twitter or Social Media in general ?

Thx for the chapter and the note for the context, and like you said, if you have dark thought don't keep it to yourself, speak about it, be it professional, friends, family or complet stranger.

Supporter
I didn't know about Hana before but I feel sad for her, freaking hell she was younger than I am (would still be younger if she was still alive...) and to end her life due to such sad reasons. A lot of people don't realize that "reality" shows are all staged, only at varied degrees. From seemingly "good" shows such as bake off cook off etc to trashy shows like Kim K. they are all staged/faked. So the next time you see someone acting all saintly and nice or unbelievably horrible on stage, especially the later, take a step back, take a deep breath and think about if those shock factors and clear role division (hero/villain, nice/bad etc) help the show rating or attract more viewers and comments or not before you wish someone death.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, in this day and age, Cyberbullying and Cyber harassment are very real. The worst problem is that there are no laws preventing it from happening or punishing those involved.

There have been many cases like this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa9O1cBQV_M) happening throughout the world, but the authorities cannot do anything about it.

It's made even worse when it is done across borders. Where one country's citizens harass and dox another country's citizens.

Dex-chan lover
This shit was hard especially reading the Hana incident again. Fuck cancel culture.

HANA SMACKED A HAT OFF SOME PRETTY BOY BECAUSE IT WAS THEIR JOB AND SHE WAS DRIVEN TO DEATH FOR IT? WHAT THE FUCK, WOULD YOU SHANK SOMEONE ON THE STREET FOR BUMPING INTO YOU? this is why I fucking hate society. I’m not trying to go for the whole “we live in a society” bullcrap. All I’m saying is that if people can bully a person to death for a slight injury, AND get away with it, something’s wrong with humanity.

Dex-chan lover
Social media was a mistake. Giving people anonymity brings out the worst in people.

Bless Ai's fanclub for the chapter, especially the one who did the last two pages.
Is it Kanj who did that? I only assumed that because that person is the translator.
Nevertheless, bless that person.

Sometimes people forget that under all of the glam and glitter of showbiz and celebrity there is a vunurable human. Thank you aka for bringing this issue to light.

@TheHiddenToad
I got suckerpunched and stomped on in 9th grade for bumping into someone else in the hallway at school. It isn't that far of a leap to think of someone stabbing some unfortunate person for the same reason

its a very sad thing to see and something i hope doesnt happen again in the future, but sadly it will.

People are stupid. Those who write death threats are pure garbage. It surely reflects poorly on how their parents raised them. They're all idiots

Dex-chan lover
YES! Aqua to the rescue! Is this +1 to the idol group? Have to remember that people in showbusiness are human too. Some get flak and hate for making small mistakes, their lifestyle and choices, or for simply playing bad guys or heels onscreen.

ZMayb0M_700wa_0.gif

Double-page supporter
I remember reading something about japanese being extremely aggressive on the internet because they have to deal with a lot of rules irl. I might be wrong though

The design of Twitter and other social medias are to maximize interactions, and rage is the most spreadable emotion so it does actively incentivizes the worst of people.
Keep that in mind, use social medias and internet platforms wisely and with constraints.

Dex-chan lover
can we just stop the world for 50 years and get all of our societal problems out of the way

Users who are viewing this thread