[Oshi no Ko] - Vol. 3 Ch. 25 - Outrage

Fed-Kun's army
she will join aqua harem and also join ruby idol group, the idol group will be full of aqua harem then, guess he will make a scenario to make her look not that bad on public opinion

I better see Aqua soothing Akane next chapter... Maybe even a cuddling 👀

Dex-chan lover
This is why you should never apologize in to a social media mob
Swarm behavior has innate inertia that cannot stop itself at a certain point

I'm not supporting cancel culture in any way shape or form. But massive props to the translation team for not only translating every single (horrible to read) tweet in this chapter, but also for spreading awareness about the events surrounding Kimura Hana's circumstances.

"People don't get angry on their own behalf. But they can easily become monsters for someone else's sake."

Aka really wants to nail that message in.
He mentioned it in Kaguya too with Ishigami.

Dex-chan lover
Damn Akasaka, that cuts deep especially the Hana Kimura one.

Dex-chan lover
I’m reminded of when the media tried to make a huge fuss of Hugh Grant being seen getting into a cab with a sex worker. He went on TV and was like “yep! pretty cool huh” and that was the end of that

was aqua stalking her? but well still good job man. people really dont know how much their words affect others.

Holy fuck, massive props to Aka for all of this. This is genuinely really shocking for a society as conservative as Japan.

wow I had to read the previous chapter again to really understand what happened.
Akane tried to play mean and made a move but accidently scratched the model girl's face. Model girl made up with Akane but the internet lost its mind and started pillorying Akane.

It was definitely the wrong move to apologise. Maybe a post by the model girl showing they were friends would have fixed some of the ire, but honestly this was the worst case. Plus, the internet hate machine cannot really be predicted.

I think the big issue is she does not have a good support network. No one to say "don't listen to them", and "whatever they say, Ill be there", etc. It's all one has at the end, isn't it? Hopefully Aqua can be that for her.

Us living in society makes us forget a simple fact: a significant majority of people are bad people.
The people who write messages like those aren't doing so to defend or protect the "victim". They neither want to "punish" an evil-doer. It isn't like they actually care about injustice or the well-being of others.

They are simply enjoying making another person suffer. They see an easy target and mob together against them. It gives them a sense of power and superiority. It they can do so under a banner of "justice", even better. That way they can feel like "modern day heros" by simply sitting and writing in their computer and phones.
They also take the chance to slip in their jealousy and insecurities, like those classmates or the people from her middle school. That way they can convince themselves they hate her due to a justified reason, not because they themselves are horrid, spiteful people.

And, of course, they always do so from the anonymity. No risks, no consequences. Those kind of people would never have an one-on-one conversation with the people they rage against in the internet. At most, they would yell or throw things at them from the safety of a mob. Cowards, all of them.

The most sickening part is that, if the girl had actually killed herself, the very same people that caused it would immediately start claiming what a tragedy it was. They would jump right in the flood of "condolencies". And they would actually think themselves as good people for it. No that they would ever apologize or take responsibility for the hateful comments they wrote before.

That is, sadly, the world we live in nowdays.

Group Leader
@Robinisback I don't think that apply only to Japanese internet, pretty much the internet as a whole are kinda toxic to a certain extent when it's come to the entertainment industry private life. Despite not knowing the full story they go and judge what's best for the person in question which is incredibly stupid.

Dex-chan lover
TFW you can see mangadex-like comments in the manga itself. We've reached a new level of meta.

I'm very impressed with this chapter. omg, I didn't expect how real a manga could be. This chapter said a lot about our current society

Group Leader
It's really amazing how author raise awareness about cyber bullying in this arc, everything you see on screen and the internet aren't always the full truth story and bullying is the most retard move ever. And thanks Ai's fanclub for bringing up the real incident which this arc based on and for this quality chapter which have a ton of texts 🙇🙇

Group Leader
Please don't think that cyber bullying only happen in Japan, it's happening pretty much everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread