[Oshi no Ko] - Vol. 3 Ch. 25 - Outrage

I wish people stopped caring about literal nobodies on the internets or the streets, trying to end your life because of some assholes opinion is super rude to both yourself and those that actually care about you.

Power Uploader
Everyone please do remember that this is not only applied in Twitter or merely Japan, it exists everywhere. The sheer mob mentality of the mindless toxic masses always gather together to shame people under the veil of anonymity since that they have too much free time on their hand.
Again, this is not limited to celebrities either. Cyberbullying can be big or small and it will always hurt the other people, even if the posters are sheer nobodies, words can still hurt someone's psyche when done in a large scale.
Unless you're shielding Trump, badum-tst

Supporter
This chapter has been your weekly PSA reminding you that social media is toxic.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think anyone has killed themselves yet for being bullied out of scanlating a manga, but these community ain't exactly innocent of cyberbullying either.

Ending your life is an extreme case, but people are just wired to care about their social lives. Even professionals who has taken a great deal to develop policies on how to deal with negative criticism from internet nobodies have confessed that it still stresses them out when they have to deal with it. And then there's cancel culture, which isn't something you can just ignore anymore.

Reminds me of the current hololive drama with the chinese antis. Pray and hope those girls stay strong.

Fed-Kun's army
what the fuck were those tweets i just read at the end? what kind of fucked up person says shit like "everyone would be happy if you disappeared" bitch youre one person dont drag other people into your cruel intentions. ive heard abt this incident before but i didnt think people were *that* cruel what the fuck?????

poor akane-chan. i wish the other cast members said smth to abate the hate at least

Of course its twitter this site is just full of ill people talking shit and complaining about everything bc there life is trash

Group Leader
ReUpload: Added Mengo's bonus illustration from this week at the end

thanks for including those last pages about hana kimura. it really needed to be said

Dex-chan lover
Twitter is a cesspool.
Pro tip to stay healthy: Avoid twitter.

Thank you for the last page.

Group Leader
YAS YAS YAS
thanks for the chapter
it's been 2 weeks-

thank god there'll be one next week though

this chapter is so f*cking (sorry for the bad word, but I really have to) intense and illustrates the real life social toxicity so perfect, damn Akane you are so damn unlucky to fall into that Yuki-something trap, I understand her point of standing and thank you so so much Aqua for saving her.

Dex-chan lover
The world would be a far better place if Twitter/instagram/Facebook/whatever hellhole social media ceases to exist.

Dex-chan lover
Anonymity + Audience + Not having to face the subject directly allows many people to let out their repressed evil. While people should have the legal right to express themselves, before saying something mean to someone, they should remember the human behind the screen.

Dex-chan lover
Ca_GPMrVAAE8R9N.png

@Lolipon
Why not? Typical good girl syndrome which is both why nobodies can get to her and why she's deemed boring.

Dex-chan lover
@aiMute: The thing is that she can't do that. There are many careers out there that depends on their public image, which in this era means social networks. Also, the cyberbullying was widespread; it was every network she is in. The option of ignoring it was never there in the first place, and it was spilling into her personal life, which made it even harder. Much like what happened with Hana.

So no, it's not her fault. It was never her fault. She should be stronger towards this, yes; but the ones responsible for this are the swamp of petulant turds who think themselves entitled to spewing whatever filth they wish just because "free speech".

Users who are viewing this thread