[Oshi no Ko] - Vol. 3 Ch. 25 - Outrage

Dex-chan lover
Bros. I dont think the problem lies in the particular who used twitter and got bashed by the public. It's the people who send dead threats as they never seem to understand that words are sharper than blades for the people who seek for motivation through social media. I swear when things get out of control those guys may shout at dead threateners, aka themselves, as they don't learn their crimes, like at all.

@Korvalus
She can do it, you can't do something only when you are dead. The problem is that her good girl syndrome is part of her daily life, not just the show. Being a good girl in life means giving up on your ego, which is integral part of popular persona where independent action is encouraged. Her manager being inept at giving her scenarios to act upon doesn't help either.
And actually the shit she has done gave her attention, even if it's bad attention, being infamous (villain) is better than being nobody, it's just she didn't adapt (or didn't want to, coz, again, good girl) and instead let it affect her outside the show.

you what's sad? people who do this bull will continue to do it, hiding behind anon profiles thinking they're hot shit when their targets off themselves.

Double-page supporter
Weird how everyone's focusing on "le twitter amirite" when half the posts were shown to be coming from the chans and those websites are so much worse thanks to increased anonimity

I think Yuki could have tweet about how everything was an accident and that she and Akane are in good terms, but no, Yuki is an attention seeker, she probably got all the supportive message.

It's kinda sad all what Akane is suffering, but she shouldn't let them affect them, after all if she really wants to be in entertainment industry she will face worse things, she should know how that really is and how those things are more common than it looks.

Also this chapter made me remember that not only artists or idols suffers this harassment. Many writers and mangakas too, specially when they finish their work and are not likeable.

Dex-chan lover
This was really painful to read.

But it's nice to see Aka knows his shit. The advice about not apologizing, and just getting away from social media were on point for that kind of situation.

Dex-chan lover
Jesus Christ, all hail Aqua. I'm glad to be a narcissist that considers any opinions that isn't mine or loved ones entirety irrelevant.

If someone's start to get riled up of about in incoming flow of online hatred, a cathartic method of dealing with it to me would be to download the entire page and print it on custom toilet paper.

I agree that Yuki should say that they already solved their issues behind the scene.

@aiMute

And how do you suggest the girl solves her "good girl" attitude, exactly? Should see say that Yuki is a bitch and that she doesn't regret harming her? Or should she publicly call all those haters scum and that they should be the ones to kill themselves?
I bet any of those would do wonders when she tries to audition for another role. Would that even stop the flood of hate?

Let's make it clear: she is not the problem here. She made a small mistake, an outburst of anger, frustation and desperation. She apologized and was forgiven. That should have been the end of it. The problem is all the people ganging up on her for sadistic reasons.

You don't solve a problem by telling the victim that they should change, implying that they somehow deserve it.
You solve this problem by LEGALLY punishing the people making DEATH THREATS. Which are an actual crime by the way.
You sovel this problem by having the directive team of the show, the head of whatever platform the show is being transmitted in and the agencies of the two involved people publicly declaring that they will not stand for this kind of harresment. Clearly and firmly condemning it.
You solve this problem by having the two girls declaring that there is no grudge or resentment between them. Yuki declaring that she doesn't want any of this done in her name, that she is repulsed for the hateful and cruel behaviour and that anyone that takes part in it is not a "fan" of hers.

Ypu solve these kinds of problems by supporting the victim, no by blaming her.

Double-page supporter
god only if this manga had the same popularity as kaguya, not that kaguya is bad but i think more people need to see this shit before jumping on hate trains online

I can't say i can't believe that some people believe reality show and take it seriously but i know people like this

This is something every TV show need to consider, how their show will impact on audiences reaction toward their actors

@Doramas
Understanding that those haters are scum and that she won't mind them killing themselves is actually a good first step, aggression (many forms of it other than just fighting and arguing) is a natural and healthy defense mechanism!
Your completely logical approaches to solving the problem would help but I doubt any of unaffiliated with her agencies that take part in the show give a damn about her and it won't help her in the future when she'll most likely encounter similar situation. Basically you are asking to give her a fish instead of teaching her how to fish. Also I never blamed her, it;s that she is the one who can help herself the most, support is very important and needed but it can only support her as she is the only person who can change her own attitude/mindset.

Dex-chan lover
@Doramas Well said. I agree that the harassment needs to be addressed. I don't know how Japanese agencies work though. I wonder if they will just drop her believing that she's more touble than she's worth so they can save themselves. Maybe she will join Aqua's agency.

Dex-chan lover
@aiMute Actually, it's not her job to "fish". That's what her agency is for. They represent her. They handle all of her problems, social, legal, etc. Which is why you see most agents or teams responding to callbacks from press and not the person themselves. If they can't represent her and guide her through this then they are a poor agency. Especially since she's a minor.

@Graywing
Well, yes, her agency should be the ones teaching her how to handle those problems but as it was shown they are inept thus she can only rely on herself and, well, now Aqua which makes me wonder how/if he'll use her emotional instability/vulnerability.

Dex-chan lover
Nice and realistic comments. Truly represents the internet well (though it seems that it's a bit closer to how social media in Japan works since they're harsher like this?)

Users who are viewing this thread