[Oshi no Ko] - Vol. 4 Ch. 31 - LoveNow

Contributor
Oh, so it's not Akane who will join the group, but Mem ?

That's nice, she is my favorite character from the show.
Her personnality is great, i'm sure it will be fun to see her tease Kana.

Dex-chan lover
Memcho is top tier, so I'm happy for this development.

Also I'm glad the thing with Akane was resolved without Aqua coming off as an asshole (because that was the impression last chapter was giving).

Double-page supporter
Good to see Aqua be somewhat honest about his intentions, the Aqua Akane plot line is being handled in a better way than I thought. And I didn't expect Memcho to be the one invited!

Dex-chan lover
This was handled in a really interesting way... I like that they actually talked it out like they should.

Having said that.

Prepare for Drama. Right now Kana is a tickling bomb and we don't know what will happen once Aqua gets the info he wants.

Glad he didn't play her heartstrings. Maybe it's because his sperm donor might've done the same to Ai? And he didn't want to be like him?

Dex-chan lover
That went better than I thought it would.

He didn't lie to Akane like I feared and there's still hope for everyone.

Dex-chan lover
Oh what a development. Good on Aqua for recruiting lol.

Thanks for translating the chapter.

Well that was unexpected, but I like it. There are no bad feelings between him and Akane plus she gets to stick around for a while. Plus they got a 3rd member, though it wasn't Akane, she's an even better choice because there won't be bad feelings between her and Kana. I like that there isn't a bunch of unnecessary drama

everyone's like "im glad aqua was honest with akane" bro he tried to lie but got caught lacking
cant lie to an expert at reading people, he needs some training to be able to maintain his edge

Dex-chan lover
@Uggghhhh idk, remember that Akane is a very good actress. She also has strong yandere/stalker vibes. Plus, Aqua is definitely planning on using her to try and find his father, so I can see that leading to some shit.

In hindsight, it makes a lot of sense to me that Akane didn't get too caught up in feelings. She's been established as a very good actress who gets super in character, and we knew that the Ai persona was specifically made to get screen time and get close with Aqua. If she's so good at reading people that she theorized about Ai's secret children, it makes sense that she can recognize that Aqua wasn't serious about her (not to mention how everyone is very aware about how fake the show is).

I definitely still think she was hopeful about having something between them based on her nervousness and blushing whenever the idea of a relationship comes up (both in this and previous chapters). If she's only in character when she has the stars in her eyes, she does switch to her normal self for a bit during the confession scene, showing how the feelings are both genuine and acting for the show. I'm just glad she didn't get too heartbroken and appreciates being acknowledged for her skill.

I don't really think I'm coming up with any groundbreaking here, I'm just so into this story and the characters that I had to write this out!

Users who are viewing this thread