Oshibana! - Vol. 2 Ch. 20

Dex-chan lover
The author is releasing a "non-canon" "unofficial" 18+ doujin depicting the events between pages 19 and 20 of this chapter at Comiket. I will be scanlating this once it becomes available and will edit this post with the link (haven't decided whether to post it as chapter 20.5 which would require changing the maturity filter on this entire series or as a separate entry on MangaDex).

OJ5dmVu.jpg
You're a Legend thank you!

Dex-chan lover
he knows she's a red flag right now.
But he cares and he's not exactly a saint or a dense MC either.
a win chapter for vice prez
Yea 100%, if he leaves her alone, she would end up doing something incredibly stupid or harmful to herself and he knows this

It has to be legit stressful to fall for someone like her, hell even being just friends with her has to be stressful af with all the babysitting you'd have to do

Dex-chan lover
I feel bad for the vice-pres... in all honesty he deserves better than her.
Not that it was against his will or whatever, but I dislike the bf of the oshi for some reason.
Thanks for the chapters.
When you said "bf" I was confused for a split second until I realized you actually meant "best friend"

Nah we all dislike her cause she's such a shit person

Dex-chan lover
I was hoping that they wouldn't go so far as to have sex immediately since high school and no actual feelings. I guess we can assume what we want about what actually happened given an unofficial story will show but like I kinda prefer Hozumi over our main otaku since he literally only gets involved by being the only guy supporter she had...

Dex-chan lover
I'll be honest, this chapter feels like character assassination. There was no build up to her being such a manipulative and downright emotionally abusive person. Not a fan. I will read the R18 doujin though because I've slogged through worse things for the "plot"

Dex-chan lover
Fuck, this girl just goes 2 steps back, 1 step forward then another 10 steps back

Supporter
I was hoping that they wouldn't go so far as to have sex immediately since high school and no actual feelings. I guess we can assume what we want about what actually happened given an unofficial story will show but like I kinda prefer Hozumi over our main otaku since he literally only gets involved by being the only guy supporter she had...
Yea 100%, if he leaves her alone, she would end up doing something incredibly stupid or harmful to herself and he knows this

It has to be legit stressful to fall for someone like her, hell even being just friends with her has to be stressful af with all the babysitting you'd have to do
I could probably tack on a number of others to reply to here, but I thought to keep it limited in scope for brevity's sake. This is going to be a bit of a doozy that I feel I had to get off of my chest, but everyone is more than welcome to completely pass it by.

I'm not going to say that I'll be speaking for absolutely everyone here (though I will be writing with first person plural), but I do want to speak to a bit of my reminiscing back to high school to try and put in what I think is appropriate context. Keep in mind, I graduated more than 23 years ago now...

Those adolescent years are when we do dumb things, influenced with how our bodies are going through the changes that are inextricably tied to those years. Things can get murky trying to figure out who you want to be while being subjected to the sway of your peers. And more likely than not, there's going to be one thing or another that you'll come to regret.

10th grade English I let a classmate copy a paper because she played sweet with me, and all I got from that was a failed grade on it. The teacher knew it was my work, but the grade had to be meted out properly. She did grant me the opportunity to override that mark by submitting a new essay, so suffice to say it never happened again.

Now, that's nowhere near comparable to this scenario where Hozumi is pushing forward with explicit manipulation of Hachiouji's feelings, but she also laid out that she wants to understand more about herself that she's not certain what the answer is. And while the situation is not happening in an ideal circumstance, it is happening with both a person she trusts and an environment that is as safe as possible.

In the end, teenage years are by no means simple, and I don't think their choices and actions should be judged through a lens of someone in their 20s or 30s............Or 40s...

Dex-chan lover
I suppose in the author's eyes this is positive development that will lead to the lesbian and the vice president to reach happiness together one day, but thecway ahe is acting makes me really hard to root for her.

They really went at it, didn't expect that.

Anyway, I agree with lesseffective. Yes, she was manipulating him, but she gave him a choice, right? And he chose to do it willingly. In my opinion, liking someone doesn't mean they have to like you back the same. This path Hachiouji chose might be the one the current him deemed to give less regret on the long run. And don't forget the chance that Hozumi might fall for him for real in the future (which highly likely the way this manga goes).

Dex-chan lover
The author is releasing a "non-canon" "unofficial" 18+ doujin depicting the events between pages 19 and 20 of this chapter at Comiket. I will be scanlating this once it becomes available and will edit this post with the link (haven't decided whether to post it as chapter 20.5 which would require changing the maturity filter on this entire series or as a separate entry on MangaDex).

Update: she plans to release it on DLsite and monetize it so I probably won't be posting it to mangadex, I'll try to get a translation on DLsite with their affiliate translator program once it's available.
What's the difference between selling in comicket and dlsite that make you to not want to upload the spinoff to mangadex? Isn't this manga monetized too? Just curious.

Group Leader
What's the difference between selling in comicket and dlsite that make you to not want to upload the spinoff to mangadex? Isn't this manga monetized too? Just curious.

The fact that it's directly monetized and there would be a way to officially buy it in English. I wouldn't want to work on any series that's licensed in English either, because then I'm directly cutting into the profit margins. Different story if it's only available officially in Japanese since no Japanese person's going to come pirate it in English off of MangaDex, I'm not hurting sales.

Users who are viewing this thread