Ossan, Tenseishite Tensai Yakusha ni Naru - Vol. 1 Ch. 6

Dex-chan lover
I really tried to give this a chance but seriously, what the fuck? The MC went from a total dud in his previous life and then randomly becomes a genius in this one after dying (and that one weird conversation about panties), and she's amazing enough to convince people that she's a tree?????

Absolute bullshit.

Even generic OP Isekai Harem manga at least tries to give some reason for their MC's OP. This is just being bullshit.

Edit: for some people who thinks I don't get that this is a way of saying she's god-tier at acting, I do. However, I spent my youth reading and re-reading Glass Mask (the first manga about acting and actually doing a good job of it), I call bullshit on this because acting as a stationary thing and convince others you're it is INSANELY hard. Hell, even the most genius actor may spend their whole life honing their skill, and still fail to do so.

Which is why, a deadbeat oldman who randomly got reincarnated as a genius child actor, being able to do this out of the blue is dumb and lame. At least try to make up some random bullshit (God gives him amazing skill) ffs.

Last edited:
Contributor
The MC went from a total dud in his previous life and then randomly becomes a genius in this one after dying (and that one weird conversation about panties), and she's amazing enough to convince people that she's a tree?????
My interpretation of it: he's a 47-year-old man who has to play the role of a five-year-old girl. If you can get into a role that well, you can get into anything well.

It's sort of like how in Oshi no Ko, a 30-year-old gynecologist can become an excellent actor without any training, simply because of the situation he was born in.

Contributor
Same energy btw
2xayqy33m4u61.png

Dex-chan lover
I really tried to give this a chance but seriously, what the fuck? The MC went from a total dud in his previous life and then randomly becomes a genius in this one after dying (and that one weird conversation about panties), and she's amazing enough to convince people that she's a tree?????

Absolute bullshit.

Even generic OP Isekai Harem manga at least tries to give some reason for their MC's OP. This is just being bullshit.
He mentioned that in like, the second chapter that because he reincarnated, he had very good sense of "acting as something else" because he literally was someone else.
but if you want a serious answer...

Dex-chan lover
lol, that is a whole another level of bullshittery right there
that is hillarious

Dex-chan lover

Absolute bullshit.

Just because you don't saw God when you reincarnate, it doesn't mean you don't get tensei level cheat.

Dex-chan lover
I read some comments and really bullsh!ting this chapter and I can understand why ! But personally I liked it I mean I never been the one to search for reality in Movies or anime ( only done that , when the particular piece of media tried to compare itself with reality) , and totally agree they exaggerated the tree part but I have seen way more unbelievable things . In short I am looking forward to this series future updates 😏

And people who are saying how he gain the other Worldly acting skills, take a moment and read first line of the Mangadex Summary. She (?) Got cheat skill.

Dex-chan lover
This chapter, combined with the absolute ludicrosity of the brownface from the novel, might be the single funniest piece of media uploaded to this site ever

Dex-chan lover
I think you all are missing some general point.

First being as others have pointed out, this is clearly a parody or reference to another series scene.

Second this is manga/anime. The medium intrinsically exaggerates everything for effect. Some are more exaggerated than others(cough cough Japanese food basically being orgasmic food of the gods). And some can be far more grounded in realism. But I do not know of any series of the medium that does not do it in some capacity. If you want to look at it realistically, you need some sort of lens to overlook/translate into its real equivalent.

Third, is the language culture barrier. How people convey and express thoughts varies in cultures differs. It is entirely possible for us to take the reaction to the performance way more literally than it is meant. It may be simply meant to convey being impressed with how well the "tree" blends into the background and behaves like the real thing(ie is solid and does nothing). Or that it gives the impression/feel like a real tree, or real tree prop. Leading into the next point which brings up a equivalent.

Fourth is the type of performance here. Being a good tree could potentially be a difficult performance.

For example take living statue performers, where people imitate being statues, to the point of convincing people they are a statue.
An example of this being used to great effect to prank/surprise people.

Now at first glance you may say this is apples and oranges. Just standing still in a tree costume doing nothing is not that hard. Sure. It's certainly less difficult from realistically portraying emotions or memorizing and reciting lines.

But have you met a real kid around the age of 5 before? There is no chance in hell a kid that age would not be swaying, twisting, moving around, picking their nose, stretching an itch, leaning over, mumbling, getting drowsy or doing something within 10 minutes or less. If I saw a kid that age simply stand in one place and keep their arms up holding the branches I would be extremely impressed.

And a kid who could actually be so motionless you question whether it is a prop or person(see living statue comparison). That would be absolutely incredible, almost unthinkable unless that kid was trained specifically for quite a long time, AND had the temperament to actually do something so boring.

None of this changes the absurdities of this manga. "Oh hey you stood motionless for a while. I better scout you as a genius child actor" is dumb as hell. Same with magical charisma powers. Just because we can speculate and rationalize some of this doesn't remotely mean it was written or meant that way or is valid in this instance.

It just means that the basic plot can make sense, the baby doesn't have to be thrown out with the bathwater. A scout is there watching a kids play. He notices a kid who is doing a perfect job playing a tree, completely unlike her age. The kid also remains completely calm and continues to do the role when everyone else is panicking, including some adults. While continuing the role she even helps calm her classmates a bit. She piques his interest. So he asks the kid some questions after the play, and is further interested in how calm and mature she is for that age. With a great attitude/demeanor. He thinks a kid like that might have potential to be trained as an actor, and might have some interest.(a mature calm kid with some charisma among her peers, who commits to her role would likely be able to follow directions from directors well)

Anyways, the point of series like this is not to seriously engage the brain.

It's been fun wasting time pointlessly finding rationale for this chapter. Especially watching some of the performances of living statues. I got serious respect for their capabilities, I would be twitching and swaying all over the place.

Dex-chan lover
C'mon, I get that s/he's a good actor, but to say they're so good that they turn the stupid cardboard tree costume into an actual tree, and people couldn't tell is stupid.
This has gone from a somewhat realistic story (albeit still about reincarnation) to absolute fantasy. Will she have actual superpowers because her acting is so good next?

Still, as dumb as it was, it was entertaining.

Dex-chan lover
I think you all are missing some general point.

First being as others have pointed out, this is clearly a parody or reference to another series scene.

Second this is manga/anime. The medium intrinsically exaggerates everything for effect. Some are more exaggerated than others(cough cough Japanese food basically being orgasmic food of the gods). And some can be far more grounded in realism. But I do not know of any series of the medium that does not do it in some capacity. If you want to look at it realistically, you need some sort of lens to overlook/translate into its real equivalent.

Third, is the language culture barrier. How people convey and express thoughts varies in cultures differs. It is entirely possible for us to take the reaction to the performance way more literally than it is meant. It may be simply meant to convey being impressed with how well the "tree" blends into the background and behaves like the real thing(ie is solid and does nothing). Or that it gives the impression/feel like a real tree, or real tree prop. Leading into the next point which brings up a equivalent.

Fourth is the type of performance here. Being a good tree could potentially be a difficult performance.

For example take living statue performers, where people imitate being statues, to the point of convincing people they are a statue.
An example of this being used to great effect to prank/surprise people.

Now at first glance you may say this is apples and oranges. Just standing still in a tree costume doing nothing is not that hard. Sure. It's certainly less difficult from realistically portraying emotions or memorizing and reciting lines.

But have you met a real kid around the age of 5 before? There is no chance in hell a kid that age would not be swaying, twisting, moving around, picking their nose, stretching an itch, leaning over, mumbling, getting drowsy or doing something within 10 minutes or less. If I saw a kid that age simply stand in one place and keep their arms up holding the branches I would be extremely impressed.

And a kid who could actually be so motionless you question whether it is a prop or person(see living statue comparison). That would be absolutely incredible, almost unthinkable unless that kid was trained specifically for quite a long time, AND had the temperament to actually do something so boring.

None of this changes the absurdities of this manga. "Oh hey you stood motionless for a while. I better scout you as a genius child actor" is dumb as hell. Same with magical charisma powers. Just because we can speculate and rationalize some of this doesn't remotely mean it was written or meant that way or is valid in this instance.

It just means that the basic plot can make sense, the baby doesn't have to be thrown out with the bathwater. A scout is there watching a kids play. He notices a kid who is doing a perfect job playing a tree, completely unlike her age. The kid also remains completely calm and continues to do the role when everyone else is panicking, including some adults. While continuing the role she even helps calm her classmates a bit. She piques his interest. So he asks the kid some questions after the play, and is further interested in how calm and mature she is for that age. With a great attitude/demeanor. He thinks a kid like that might have potential to be trained as an actor, and might have some interest.(a mature calm kid with some charisma among her peers, who commits to her role would likely be able to follow directions from directors well)

Anyways, the point of series like this is not to seriously engage the brain.

It's been fun wasting time pointlessly finding rationale for this chapter. Especially watching some of the performances of living statues. I got serious respect for their capabilities, I would be twitching and swaying all over the place.
Amazing, simply amazing! Love your writing!

Dex-chan lover
Ya dudes shitting, he literally had a breakthrough on ch.2. The “Act like you’re not wearing underwear” thing, at that point he literally evolved then and there to be a better actor, he just died abruptly before he could show off his newfound enlightenment. Now he’s doing it on this new life, and is labeled as a “Genius” actor, rightfully so. Which I have a feeling that he’ll be in a really successful path if he didn’t got stabbed and died.

Dex-chan lover

Absolute bullshit.
I don't disagree the story is so-so, but I'm pretty sure the premise is "he was always good at acting but because he was ugly people didn't like his acting regardless of quality, instead they nitpicked wanting something else".

Sure, the underwear premise seems to have maybe been him getting another bump, but I don't think he was as bad as he was perceived in the first place, that's the kind of thing you're supposed to infer.

Other person had a good point about how also the bar for being a good child actor is notably lower than being a good adult actor, anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread