Otaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii - Vol. 8 Ch. 61.5 - Afterword + Extras

@Ceryskies

That's not the point. It's just that someone who identifies as female can be called -kun. Kashima from Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun is also called "-kun" and she is a woman too, for example.

@InFinaLynx

If what you do causes people to be confused constantly, maybe the solution wasn't the best one. Like every time it happens someone here or on reddit gets confused. Maybe if you have to explain it every time it wasn't that great to begin with. People don't have to just accept whatever decision you make, especially on the internet.

Group Leader
@TheMikeThunder Look, we're not asking the readers to accept the decision. We're asking them to respect it.

Isn't it ironic? We have to follow what readers what, but not the other way around, especially on the internet? And yeah, I know people don't have to accept my decisions or opinions, but the least they could do is to respect it.

From what I remember, we gave them plenty of options to read the series that is not done by us. Whether it is free or paid.

@InFinaLynx Thanks for the translations! And thanks for the explanation as well. The English language has some limitations regarding to gender pronounces and thus, some implications and hidden meaning may be lost on translation, so as long as you do your best and be consistent about it, it is alright. Maybe some footnote explanation when it is too complicated to express with just the translation alone like this is fine!

Dex-chan lover
Maybe someone already said this, but the word "-kun" is just a formal way of speaking. Like between classmates or co-workers. Is the usual.

Things like "-chan" is only for very close friends. An even then, only if the one speakign wants to out loud demostrate affection, & those both words are neutral. Is due to the childish way of speaking often use in anime that most western people get confused.

Some common use word that express gender (clearly) are "kanojo > she" and "kare > he", MOST WORDS IN JAPANESE DON'T CARES ABOUT GENDER (at least grammatically). Because things like "ore, boku, watashi, watakushi, atashi" can (sometimes) be use by either male or female.

I'm purchasing the official manga in my country, but I like to read here too. I know translating is hard, so the people that are doing this translation can do whatever the want. Write anything. Just do the things you like XD

@Mikhail i thought they were typos when i read them for me ,only when i read this chapter did i know it was intended xD

praying to Kamisama that you'll find translators asap! as always, thank u all for your hard work!

Fed-Kun's army
ah rip no more chapters and i dont banking on getting more TLS in this day and age with covid.

Thanks for your work the last two volumes! I know I'm going to buy the print version as soon as I can.

Why not use "they" instead of "he"? Nowadays, people use "they/them/their" to refer to gender neutral persons while "he/him/his" is skewed more towards a masculine gender.

If you really wanted to be gender fluid/neutral, "they" just seems to be the most obvious choice? Especially since the character didn't seem to care abt pronouns?

thank you very much for the translation, I am sorry to hear about the lack of translators and the hateful comments you guys have been receiving, I think you made a great choice and sure did your best to keep the translation as faithful as possible to the original work, not that I would have minded any other way since I am aware of how gifted I am to be able to enjoy your work for free.
thank you again, hope you guys find help soon, wish I could help.

and for all of you losers complaining and being transfophic, just stop reading, no one will miss your trashy asses c:

Fed-Kun's army
I was one of those confused people, because I didn't realise using 'he' was a deliberate choice and thought a lot of the characters still thought kou-kun is a guy lol (this was also because my memory is bad and I couldn't remember who already realised kou is actually a girl) but thanks for clearing things up and explaining! also thanks for your translations!

Fed-Kun's army
thank you for all your hard work translating this!!! that "trans-butterfly" comment is fucking disgusting... there's transphobes everywhere, ugh. gross. anyway it doesn't bother me to read she or they, because singular they exists and anyone who says otherwise is wrong and can eat shit. BUT ANYWAY, thank you for everything!! 😊😊😊 i hope you can find translators soon!!! 😥😭 and people stop being rude;;; thanks again! 💖

I have read some really terrible english manga translations before but i don't focus on that coz as long as i can read it and able to get the gist of it it's no problemo. THANK YOU TL/SCANLATION GUYS FOR ALL THE HARDWORK IN TRANSLATING WOTAKOI FOR US!!! YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!! STAY HEALTHY!!! 🤗

Dex-chan lover
Coming from a naturally gender neutral language, watching the issues native English speakers have with their language is both hilarious and annoying. It wouldn't be annoying if I didn't need to use English, but since I do, it's doubly annoying because in my native tongue it's a nigh zero issue (only present in old terms like "fireman").

Users who are viewing this thread