Otaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii - Vol. 9 Ch. 66

Dex-chan lover
Them? Have I missed something but what’s with this use of pronouns

@jak @ikki_kun @JKTV @nogenem not bc she wants to be referred to that way, its just a language thing- it's a way of referring to a person without specifying their gender (like how in english when we dont know the gender of a person while referring to them we say 'they')

Dex-chan lover
tl;dr for those who haven't been caught up with the previous chapters— Kou is referred to with gender-neutral pronouns because in Japanese there aren't really any gendered pronouns, and she's still referred to as -kun by the rest of the characters, so the translator prefers to use "they/them" or just her name to carry the tone. While it's annoying to me, personally, it's ultimately the TL's decision, and if you'd rather read a different TL, buy the official releases.

*sigh*. Now, the actual chapter...
JEALOUS NAO-KUN!? IS HE STARTING TO BECOME AWARE OF HIS FEELINGS!?
God I love this pair of cinnamon rolls so much. They may be my favorite couple in the whole series now.

Fed-Kun's army
wow, a lot of anger about the pronouns in this chap

bros, it's not that deep.

While I do agree with most others that the gender neutral pronouns are unnecessary, mostly because Kou-kun isn’t non-binary or gender fluid but just doesn't appear feminine and doesn't think being feminine suits her. I’m also like that and I don’t consider myself non-binary so it feels weird for her character to suddenly be made gender neutral. But its ultimately the TLs choice and I’m not gonna go on a rampage about someone's free work done for our enjoyment so I’ll just continue to buy the official volumes

Fed-Kun's army
Ah yes the sub-secondary characters with the ship no one ask for(or needed it)
FILLER

Damn, I only what to see the main couple have at least some development. They have been dead/ stuck for so long now... Remember when it was the main premise, the start of this series with the title and the description about them.!?

Ank

Aggregator gang
I'm having a hard time understanding the dialogues with all the "they, them"
is it how its written in japanese?

@Ank in japanese Kou is mostly referred to by gender-neutral pronouns, that's why the translator team decided to change the way they translate Kou's pronouns too.

Dex-chan lover
Good chapter, but absolutely idiotic change by translators.

Users who are viewing this thread