Otaku ni Yasashii Gal wa Inai!? - Vol. 3 Ch. 21 - Otaku & Gyaru & Movie Marathon

Dex-chan lover
Excuse but what did i just read?
Well written pacing
Actual progress
No excessive reaction to any of the presented information

Why isn't this winning the best romcom manga of ever award?
I know you're being facetious, but I am starting to wonder if the title and synopsis to this manga are negatively impacting it. It just really does not do the full work justice to think of it as another in the otaku/gyaru trend, especially with giving it the most generic name you could possibly put on that genre. I think the writing and relationship dynamic is punching waaaaaay above its weight class but I also get the feeling 95% of us that are constantly singing this thing's praises did not expect it to be nearly this good, so it's still operating mostly on a lure and trap (with quality!) strategy lmao.

Dex-chan lover
After Kanojo mo Kanojo and 100 girlfriends, there is no reason why this one can't end with and harem.

Dex-chan lover
After Kanojo mo Kanojo and 100 girlfriends, there is no reason why this one can't end with and harem.
Tbf, kanokano rides on its characters being various degree of...unhinged? I guess. HyakuKano is that times 100,plus itself being a heavy comedy/parody of a genre itself.
This work is grounded in "reality". Characters do act like regular people. And there is no footnote stating polygamy is officially accepted, so there are very low chances
(But I still want to bet on it)

Dex-chan lover
Tbf, kanokano rides on its characters being various degree of...unhinged? I guess. HyakuKano is that times 100,plus itself being a heavy comedy/parody of a genre itself.
This work is grounded in "reality". Characters do act like regular people. And there is no footnote stating polygamy is officially accepted, so there are very low chances
(But I still want to bet on it)
Unless we're talking about marriage, official acceptance doesn't really matter. I mean, Japan still doesn't have gay marriage, doesn't stop gay couples from existing. They can just go on dates, watch movies, fuck and so on all three together.

Dangers in My Heart is pretty grounded, and had one guy (Nanpai) in open relationship (according to Moe) still in middle school, until he decided to go for Yamada, so there are probably people in Japan experimenting with non-standard relationships, just like there were gay couples long before it got culturally accepted.

Dex-chan lover
Wife and officially recognized mistress, won't accept a "I didn't pick either girl" ending

Dex-chan lover
And 5 years later...

3225dd960f5619f93fd65068dac807e8.png

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
God damn, she actually openly admitted to being an otaku for the first time.

Dex-chan lover
Man, even the MANGA ARTIST wants happiness for the three of them, i dont blame them though, its so easy to love these dorks

Dex-chan lover
There is more progress in a single chapter of this than one billion rent-a-girlfriend chapters. It’s so damn good.
There is nothing wrong with slow walking progress. Tons of series do it just fine. Some people take big steps, other small and gradual.

There are only three possible problems:
  1. When ALL series all do the same things. Nothing wrong with cliches, tropes or common popular similarities. However like ice cream, if you only ever have one flavor, even if it is your favorite and the best flavor, it gets old after a while. There needs to be some variety. Some occasional twist or subversion or parody occasionally as a palate cleanser.
  2. When series just have bad writing, and/or at best are just inferior copies of something else with nothing distinctive or individual about it. Just bland and boring. People often mix this up when they rail against tropes.
  3. When the series-who-shall-not-be-named does whatever the hell it's doing. Like there are series that are just mediocre. Some good Some bad. Some so bad they become good again. And then there is that series, which has some genuinely good parts. But is just a complete mess. It's like watching a disaster unfold bit by bit, unsure if it is just going to get worse, or might finally start getting a bit of traction. It's kinda like Bernie botts jelly beans, where you have a bag mostly of prank flavors like ear wax, liver etc. You don't know what you will get.

Dex-chan lover
I agree but it's kind of a low bar.

That... thing... is one of the worst piece of crap to have ever been published XD

Still this manga is AMAZING and I really wish it were more popular
Yh no really we could do better than rent a girlfriend. Honestly the pacing in this manga is divine, compared to most series in general (pacing is apparently really hard to get right). Romance manga especially tend to go for a slow burn where nothing happens or it's the same setup and execution every single chapter/episode/scene. While this manga isn't outright making the MC choose and date someone, you can see it progressing their character development and overall relationship. Especially with the MC whose experiencing his first major friendship first.

Group Leader
Amane gang we're eating good tonight!

The part where Amane decides to drop the facade is really good. Author and artist manage to convey a lot of emotion is just 3 panels which is insane.

Group Leader
PLAP PLAP PLAP PLAP PLAP PLAP PLAP PLAP PLAP PLAP PLAP PLAP PLAP PLAP PLAP

Dex-chan lover
I really love how natural the progress is going. They all act like they're childhood friends and despite the girls already fell for him, there was no intense rivalry and they're both just as friendly. It's as if they're waiting for him to also fall in love.
Tbf, the two girls were already besties before the guy even entered the picture AND most of their interactions have been with the three of them together, so that kinda helped maintain the peace.

anf

I know you're being facetious, but I am starting to wonder if the title and synopsis to this manga are negatively impacting it. It just really does not do the full work justice to think of it as another in the otaku/gyaru trend, especially with giving it the most generic name you could possibly put on that genre. I think the writing and relationship dynamic is punching waaaaaay above its weight class but I also get the feeling 95% of us that are constantly singing this thing's praises did not expect it to be nearly this good, so it's still operating mostly on a lure and trap (with quality!) strategy lmao.
seriously though. I only started reading this because i thought “there’s no way this kind of manga actually has a 9 rating” and yet it deserves it so much. seriously one of the best right now.

I don’t want to see 1 of them lose I can’t pick they deserve to all be happy together author I swear to god you better not destroy us

Users who are viewing this thread