Otaku ni Yasashii Gal wa Inai!? - Vol. 4 Ch. 23 - Otaku & Gyaru & Kiramon Cosplays

Dex-chan lover
Why? Why does there always have to be forced crossdressing, even in the most fluffy and wholesome series?
The responses to my comment tell me people don't believe in consent.

That said, thank goodness for that last page. It, at least, shows that he wasn't completely forced to do so and was willing, for their sake. That's much better than most forced crossdressing moments.

Dex-chan lover
The responses to my comment tell me people don't believe in consent.

That said, thank goodness for that last page. It, at least, shows that he wasn't completely forced to do so and was willing, for their sake. That's much better than most forced crossdressing moments.
"Consent", really? Many times in those school festivals some or most girls at first don't want to dress as maids either, like Amane in chapter 17 page 13, yet I haven't seen people protest in that chapter thread. This is just fair that boys dress as maids as well. Why should only girls be the ones forced to give the maid fanservice?

Dex-chan lover
"Consent", really? Many times in those school festivals some or most girls at first don't want to dress as maids either, like Amane in chapter 17 page 13, yet I haven't seen people protest in that chapter thread. This is just fair that boys dress as maids as well. Why should only girls be the ones forced to give the maid fanservice?
Then why not dress as butler?
Wearing a (embarrassing) costume is one thing, wearing a costume intended for other gender is another.

Dex-chan lover
Then why not dress as butler?
Wearing a (embarrassing) costume is one thing, wearing a costume intended for other gender is another.
Somehow it's never any kind of problem if girl wears a costume intended for male gender, like Amane did this chapter. Why are men wearing female-gendered costumes some special exception?

Dex-chan lover
Somehow it's never any kind of problem if girl wears a costume intended for male gender, like Amane did this chapter. Why are men wearing female-gendered costumes some special exception?
I don't have problem with Amane, because it was her own choice to wear this specific costume.

Dex-chan lover
I don't have problem with Amane, because it was her own choice to wear this specific costume.
Because the problem isn't really with gender, but embarrassment. Aristocratic vampire cosplays aren't embarrassing, maid cosplays generally are. You mentioned butler cosplay in precious post, but butler doesn't bring to the mind cafes full of girls that have to look cute (or sexy), call their guests "masters" and do "moe moe kyun" spells. It's similar thing with "hot nurse" and doctor cosplay - doctor is neutral, hot nurse is a fetish, and maid cosplays are also fetish-y, just like bunny suits.

Making guys cosplay as maids too is for me just sharing the embarrassment of costume that's designed to be maximum "kawaii".

EDIT: notice how when girls wear yukata for festival, they at most expect guys to also wear one for men, there is no cross-dressing there usually in manga, because male and female yukata are "equal" for both genders - only slightly embarassing due to being traditional and special clothing.

Dex-chan lover
You're absolutely right. Being forced to dress in clothes that you're uncomfortable with in any circumstance is bullshit, be it "girls forcing their female friend to wear revealing clothes" or "class being forced to wear [insert fetish outfit here] for a school festival." I'm calling out this, specifically, in this instance, because it seems like there's a rise in forced crossdressing scenes in manga, even non-ecchi, wholesome series. Nothing wrong with crossdressing itself, and here, MC at least was willing to put it on himself for them (then last page, the more that I've thought about it, has carried a lot of weight), but in too many manga lately, there's scenes where a male character is literally dressed up by others while fighting it the entire time, like their friends just do not care.

I probably came off as too strong in my initial comment because...gosh dang, consent has been in a decline in a lot of manga I've been reading, from being assaulted in sleep while girlfriend helps other girls commit assault, to being drugged into sex while made to believe you're at fault, to any number of "I live in your house now against your will (or vice versa)" stories. Seeing yet another scene where friends force their friends to crossdress (which carries a lot of weight for some people) just kinda made me snap in that instance. Again, at least we have that last page showing he was willing to do so for them.

Dex-chan lover
Because the problem isn't really with gender, but embarrassment. Aristocratic vampire cosplays aren't embarrassing, maid cosplays generally are. You mentioned butler cosplay in precious post, but butler doesn't bring to the mind cafes full of girls that have to look cute (or sexy), call their guests "masters" and do "moe moe kyun" spells. It's similar thing with "hot nurse" and doctor cosplay - doctor is neutral, hot nurse is a fetish, and maid cosplays are also fetish-y, just like bunny suits.

Making guys cosplay as maids too is for me just sharing the embarrassment of costume that's designed to be maximum "kawaii".
Yeah, because the butler cosplay will be aimed at female customers and if my, I admit limited, knowledge of shoujo is right, then there will be demand for hot guys in tuxedo to serve their mistress.
Also I don't think having the guys cross-dress in place where
girls have to look cute (or sexy), call their guests "masters" and do "moe moe kyun" spells
would have the 'desired' effect. Just sayin'.

Dex-chan lover
[...]
I probably came off as too strong in my initial comment because...gosh dang, consent has been in a decline in a lot of manga I've been reading, from being assaulted in sleep while girlfriend helps other girls commit assault, to being drugged into sex while made to believe you're at fault, to any number of "I live in your house now against your will (or vice versa)" stories. Seeing yet another scene where friends force their friends to crossdress (which carries a lot of weight for some people) just kinda made me snap in that instance. Again, at least we have that last page showing he was willing to do so for them.
Yeah, that's fair, especially given the context.

That's the risk of ecchi or sometimes even just "suggestive" romance and romcom manga, many of them will use stuff like that as a joke. Like that weirdly common "female friend fondling boobs as a joke". And josei smut has straight out rapist love interest half of the time. Sometimes you know what you're getting into, like if you read latest chapters of "Gushing over Magical Girls" or Rosen Garten Saga", obviously lack of consent will be the norm, but sometimes you can be unpleasantly surprised by seemingly wholesome horny manga.

Dex-chan lover
This manga feels like komi san you know? Amane is paralel (in design) with komi and ijichi is the other gyaru one in komi san i forgot.

Dex-chan lover
I miss old times where they wont crossdress boy mc into maid or something like magical girls.. the most crazy thing about this is that there are boys who like this thing in manga like here.. or worse they will giv strike or dumb emoji to comments that are not ok with crossdress mc (if its a girl then maid costume is ok)

Dex-chan lover
Cus this manga here is more for boys and boys like when waifu will dress up as a maid and say master. Let guys enjoy mangas where waifu will look sexy or cute. Its like Stellar Blade or nier automata u kno why its selling so well ? Yeah its not so hard to guess

Users who are viewing this thread