Otoko wo Yamete Mita - Gan ni Natta no de Josou shite Koi wo suru Koto ni Narimashita - Ch. 4

Group Leader
I wonder why this is rated so low. It hasn't been terrible has it? I'm not the most knowledgeable on Trans issues and outlooks on things, but it doesn't seem too bad to me.
Review bombing. A bunch of transphobes rated it 1 star because it's a realistic depiction of trans people, and no other reason. (The rating stats shows about 30% rated it 10, 40% rated it 7-9, and 30% rated it a 1.) There were at least 3 people who rated it 1 star before the first chapter was even done being translated!

Dex-chan lover
Review bombing. A bunch of transphobes rated it 1 star because it's a realistic depiction of trans people, and no other reason. (The rating stats shows about 30% rated it 10, 40% rated it 7-9, and 30% rated it a 1.) There were at least 3 people who rated it 1 star before the first chapter was even done being translated!
Ah, so what I expected. :pepehmm:

Dex-chan lover
Of course the transphobes review bombed this.
Anyways this is an excellent manga and I like the realism. It's allowed me to connect my own parts of my life to the story. And I understand how she feels.

Now fairly convinced that this story was secretly T4T this whole time, love to see it.

Shame this series is getting review bombed or whatever, but kudos to the author for writing a trans story I actually find relatable.

Dex-chan lover
Is this a trans story?
I’m fine if it’s not. I’m enjoying it, I have been enjoying it and I’m confident that I’ll keep on doing so, regardless.

Is that for this site? This site has ratings?

I only pay attention to ratings for manga on pixiv, and even then only to cheer or boo, and I tap「いいね」if I feel like it. And by “cheer or boo” I mean about what’s ranked highly in a given category for a given demographic.

Dislikes are a toxic engagement system.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Is this a trans story?
I’m fine if it’s not. I’m enjoying it, I have been enjoying it and I’m confident that I’ll keep on doing so, regardless.

Is that for this site? This site has ratings?

I only pay attention to ratings for manga on pixiv, and even then only to cheer or boo, and I tap「いいね」if I feel like it. And by “cheer or boo” I mean about what’s ranked highly in a given category for a given demographic.

Dislikes are a toxic engagement system.
Given the author, yes, it is a trans story.

Dex-chan lover
Given the author, yes, it is a trans story.
I know literally nothing about the artist.
Tried to find info about this series a while back and even seeing raws I couldn’t tell where the story was going. 🤷‍♀️

0ri

Dex-chan lover
I know literally nothing about the artist.
Tried to find info about this series a while back and even seeing raws I couldn’t tell where the story was going. 🤷‍♀️
It's based on the author's experiences and from their pixiv bio they seem to at the very least be questioning their gender

Dex-chan lover
I wonder why this is rated so low. It hasn't been terrible has it? I'm not the most knowledgeable on Trans issues and outlooks on things, but it doesn't seem too bad to me.
usually stuff that isn’t mainstream either gets rated extra low, from average readers coming in and then disliking it, OR by being so not-mainstream that average readers avoid it and don’t read nor rate it (such as yaoi) making it rated extra high.

this is the former.

Dex-chan lover
It's based on the author's experiences and from their pixiv bio they seem to at the very least be questioning their gender
Neat!
Everyone should think about it for at least 10 seconds in their life.
Also go to therapy at least once per year, give to charity, eat their vegetables and play old video games.

Users who are viewing this thread