Otome Danshi ni Koisuru Otome - Vol. 5 Ch. 604

Dex-chan lover
Thanks so much for the translation!

But seriously, screw you, author. Way to finish a beautiful story with a wet fart of an ending.

Dex-chan lover
>couple takes a trillion chapters to get together
>manga ends three chapters later
Every single fucking time.

At least the story was nice and entertaining. A shame we didn't get more of it or got to see the both couples doing lovey-dovey stuff.

Fed-Kun's army
Thank you for reaching this far. I am not really satisfied so an omake would be nice. Hope so...

Fed-Kun's army
I do love this series, and I'm sad to see it over, but my gosh were the last 15 or so chapters a mess. We had a nice conclusion to Kei/Asuka storyline with Thanksgiving plot, meaning all the main plots were resolved. All the author had to do was draw a fun scene of our couples happy together to wrap the story up. And the author easily could have done that! Mayu mentioned a Christmas party with the folks from Yuuki's work. Depicting that party would have been a wonderful little plot to give a last look at our couples and side characters.

Instead we got this weird plotline about Yuuki's dad being hurt, so Yuuki has to go see him. Mayu says good bye when Yuuki boards the train, but I guess that wasn't emotional enough so they drive to the airport to say good bye again. Then we do a time skip and show their big reunion, with a reference to how they met by having them stop a creep. Then we get a page of them tearfully reuniting and its done.

But Yuuki wasn't going off to war, or moving, or anything that would cause such emotions. He just went away for a few days to visit his dad. So the emotional weight of the scenes felt silly. They should have cut that drama entirely and just had the characters have fun at the Christmas party. Maybe keep the "look how far we've come" scene of Mayu protecting a woman, since I think its a nice way to highlight how her character has matured, but integrate it into the storyline instead of throwing it in at the last minute. And show a bit more of Kei/Asuka; they're almost as important to the story as Mayu/Yuuki but barely show up in the last plotline.

To be clear this isn't like Game of Thrones, or How I Met Your Mother, or some other story with an ending so bad it ruined the whole thing. But it was a little disappointing after how good the rest of the story has been, especially since it would have been so easy to do better.

Aggregator gang
Mmmmmmmeh. Hope it goes the Mosou Telepathy route and adds some epilogue chapters, but I'm not holding my breath.
@mirewitch judging by how much taller he is compared to when he left, I'm assuming he was gone at least a year for... Some reason. It could just be the perspective playing tricks on me, though.

Dex-chan lover
That was it? Kind of an abrupt ending. Didn't feel very satisfying.

Fed-Kun's army
@Keansor I think that's just a perspective issue, I don't think he's actually taller. Also presumably he has to go back to school in January. I think he just went to visit them for a couple weeks.

Dex-chan lover
Not a lot of payoff after the kiss. :(

The ride was nice, though. I get the feeling the author wanted it to end it with this situation to kind of loop it back to the beginning, but it's way to sudden compared to the last chapters. He should've ramped up to it.

I loved reading this, but that ending is like some random axed ending. i hope the extra chapters make up for it

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for all the translations.
Hope to see more about the other two in an epilogue chapter. I get that the author wanted to end the story like how it started, but showing that Mayu has grown...but...i'ono...it seemed..kind of...anticlimactic?

Users who are viewing this thread