Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shite shimatta... - Ch. 60 - The Content of the Examination and the Borrowed Magic Tool…

Dex-chan lover
Tanuki are not raccoons. They are not related to raccoons. They don't look like raccoons. They are as closely related to seals and bears as they are to raccoons.
The correct English translation for Nyctereutes viverrinus, the Japanese species of raccoon dog is "tanuki". "Raccoon Dog" usually refers to Nyctereutes procyonoides rather than tanukis, but even it is more accurate and acceptable than "raccoon".

Sorry, it's just my own little pet peeve...

Dex-chan lover
It's the desire to continue a series that had a clear expiration date. Like just to keep it going she's having dreams about a game she's never even played now? But the series is really famous and making money so on with the show.
this arc was made long ago in the novel

Group Leader
Tanuki are not raccoons. They are not related to raccoons. They don't look like raccoons. They are as closely related to seals and bears as they are to raccoons.
The correct English translation for Nyctereutes viverrinus, the Japanese species of raccoon dog is "tanuki". "Raccoon Dog" usually refers to Nyctereutes procyonoides rather than tanukis, but even it is more accurate and acceptable than "raccoon".

Sorry, it's just my own little pet peeve...
Thank you for your feedback.
I have fixed it.

Dex-chan lover
considering less than a percent of japan's population is even diagnosed as having gender dysphoria, much less having a treatment plan for gender dysphoria (the transitioning is a part of this)

yes, yes they do not
Now now, I wouldn't say that. Cross-dressing is definitely something that seems common enough to at least be put in manga and other similar medias.

On the other hand, Japan usually DOES have strong peer pressure that pushes people to conform to their gender roles. It does make it challenging for non-conformists to fit in or to find their place in such a society.

Dex-chan lover
Guy Anderson lmao you've gotta be shitting me

They're always drawn more masculine than even most of the male characters. And that beard detailing, something no other male characters have. As if someone who spends an hour every morning on their hair and make up would forget to deal with a little facial hair.
It's called "5 o'clock shadow" because even if you keep it shaved, it's visible stubble by 5 o'clock.

Dex-chan lover
this arc was made long ago in the novel
I mean i know it's an adaptation, but it really just feels like the only reason it didn't end at graduation was the (original light novel) publisher wanted the series to keep going, no? Like, I want to say it feels aimless but that's not completely accurate, it has some goals. However it does feel like a lot of the plot points are kind of contrived in the interest of keeping it going.

I mean i say all this but i'm not dropping the series or anything, I'm ride or die here until Katarina gets some sort of happy ending. It's just a notable change to me.

Dex-chan lover
There seems to be a divide between people who hate Guy Anderson as a "trans" character and the people who think those people need to shut up. I will say that Yes, Guy Anderson is not a traditional trans character but an Okama which is a stereotypical depiction of something between bad drag and an actual trans person. This is a pretty universal concept you see it in old American and English skits, its phased out in the west in Asia and Japan it is still going kinda strong.

That being said I've never been a fan of Okama's and this depiction is pretty shitty, but what really blew me away wasn't the Okama but Katarina's reaction to the Okama. Bakarina has always been aggressively accepting of literally anything, its why she's so Baka, so her being so put off by this Guy Anderson seems kinda strange to me. No matter how you feel about Okama's and Trans people you can see how strange the whole reaction she had was. fuck me the last villain literally drugged her and brought her to a room and almost implied SA her but she fucking smiled the whole time she was with him, this Guy Anderson is nothing but a sweetheart but she looks skeeved out the whole time she's with him.

Aggregator gang
considering less than a percent of japan's population is even diagnosed as having gender dysphoria, much less having a treatment plan for gender dysphoria (the transitioning is a part of this)

yes, yes they do not
https://mangadex.org/title/92c4fc23-533f-4486-af2a-e4a2a2007703/hanayome-wa-motodanshi
https://mangadex.org/title/c61a3fe7-2210-4eed-aaa0-b7cb49e006c8/wandering-son
https://mangadex.org/title/5dfca810-c2e1-4c4f-9435-65f90a5c40f9/yuzu-no-koto
https://mangadex.org/title/bda3a298-a84f-49dc-8821-b5e48c35bd67/haikei-seken-sama
https://mangadex.org/title/a1f64c4f-2b89-4cc9-a9ec-5f3f25cff946/boys-run-the-riot

What's it like confidently spouting shit you have no idea about that is easily disproved with like a single search on this very website

Fed-Kun's army
Chill out with the transphobia
No matter how you feel about Okama's and Trans people you can see how strange the whole reaction she had was. fuck me the last villain literally drugged her and brought her to a room and almost implied SA her but she fucking smiled the whole time she was with him, this Guy Anderson is nothing but a sweetheart but she looks skeeved out the whole time she's with him.
Unfortunately, like it or not, she reacts the way most people would react when they have to interact with that kind of person: repulsed and disgusted.

Dex-chan lover
Not related yes, but they look similar to one, no?
Unfortunately, like it or not, she reacts the way most people would react when they have to interact with that kind of person: repulsed and disgusted.
We can write it off as being shocked and tired at the constant barrage of weirdness and possible death flags, I guess. It started with the boy that instantly hate her, followed by Anderson, and finish by mr. glasses (forgot their names).

Dex-chan lover
only one of these actually goes over GD, the rest are just cross dressers and male daughter/female son tropes from the early 2000s, not a single surgery in any of them as they are all just social pieces

and even further, the one that addressed GD flopped royally but only continued due to contract obligations so lol
for context: in japan in order to have your documentation changed to be the opposite of your sex, you must be sterilized and have all sexual organs removed (yes, even the uterus and ovaries if it is FtM), and cannot be in a position of parentage, or become a guardian of anyone under the age of 20 after you are sterilized, it's not TRANSITIONING it's merely paperwork write offs...and they do not want you anywhere near kids, when the one manga to address GD was released, it was denounced by the ministry of health as a phony diagnosis that they do not recognize as a legitimate illness

so yes, tell me what it is like to confidently spout shit you don't understand and can be disproven by posting pieces that prove the other side right

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
So yes? I never said say they look exactly the same, just similar.
The only similarity is their facial markings. That's where it stops. They are mostly dogs and are part of the Canidae family. Raccoons are part of the Procyonidae family.

Dex-chan lover
Ignoring the debate, I do agree that the series lost it's oomph post the original ending and is rather obviously kept on forced life support.
The author also doesn't really seem to be capable of writing bakarina any differently, hamstringing it so she ignores anything that happened so far so she can remain character development free.

Users who are viewing this thread