Otomege Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu - Ch. 62 - Surrender

Some clarifications for those who care.
This arc coincides with the end of LN 3. There are currently 12 LN with the 13th releasing soon.
The manga has played out just like the LN.

My thoughts,
I too didn't enjoy this Maria redemption arc, especially her talking down to Livia. Maria is a useless misanthropy that should be forgotten after this but the LN author is a siscon/lolicon masochist. So she will continue to be a big part of the story. She seems to get more screen time then Angie or Livia in the most recent English translated LN (11). The story should end here.

Dex-chan lover
as much as people seem to like it, please don't add in unnecessary emojis to your scanlation. Keep the memes for credit and end pages
also, yeah this chapter was a mess, thankfully this arc seems to finally be ending
😭 I 100% agree with you, it's very distracting and just reminds me of this meme.

d457194a-f9dc-4004-8774-c63919336fd4.png

Dex-chan lover
This arc coincides with the end of LN 3. There are currently 12 LN with the 13th releasing soon.

My thoughts,
I too didn't enjoy this Maria redemption arc, especially her talking down to Livia. Maria is a useless misanthropy that should be forgotten after this but the LN author is a siscon/lolicon masochist. So she will continue to be a big part of the story. She seems to get more screen time then Angie or Livia in the most recent English translated LN (11). The story should end here.
Holup, so there's 4 times the content?

My thoughts,
Maria is doing a good job, wdym she's useless, she needs to slap the heck out of livia for cying out loud, she's better than livia who keep using her talk no jutsu that only had a purpose to fulfill her self demand.

Writer should find a way to solve this problem without making the principality to surrender. Their action is beyond forgiveness, i see no happy end for principality, all i see is slavery and execution. The writer shouldn't have make the girl surrender like that, but instead make her go all out.

Dex-chan lover
I mean she saved the world while you almost ruined it for your selfish desires so...

really dont know what they were cooking with this one lol

Edit: Oh my god the more I think about it the more pissed off I get, I hate when they do this, forced and shoehorned ,,redemption,, she is not bad she is missunderstood bullshit, bro it just doesnt work like that you cant start and end character development in half a chapter for a characters this universally hated, also its quite ironic SHE called her shallow bitch lmao

and what the hell is with that emoji
it didn't even read like a redemption, it read more like an anti-hero who everyone dislikes

Dex-chan lover
Trying to be in Hertrude’s shoes though, their demand is as selfish if not more.
They just want the things that annoy them to disappear, and they don’t care to understand why or try to help. Their priority is just to make their problem go away. So their trying to reason only sound like that, with their true concern in themselves rather than her.

Society don’t have enough empathy except to big profile case where it brings them benefit in self-image. And they will soon forgot as long as they have “done their part” and it brings no more added benefit. The victim is just treated like a show animal you take selfie with in petting zoo.

Dex-chan lover
"It may be wrong for you but right for this girl"
Marie, you just argued for shit like the Holocaust to be "right"

And just as Marie was starting to be likeable, she did 10 somersault backwards towards the negative

Yeah this arc is complete garbage, need to hurry up and move it along man. Some of the chapters were like just no progress. Don't really care about this fighting at this point I've forgotten what the fight even is for being dragged on this long...

Dex-chan lover
The whole cast in the manga is shallow to begin with the 5 idiots and Olivia suppose to save the world with "the power of love".

Mc and Marie are the one breaking the 4th wall.

Dex-chan lover
I do agree about revenge and stuff.. but point it in the right direction ffs.. :shamihuh:

Dex-chan lover
I have to say it is dishearting to see how poorly this arc is going. It was exciting to see the protagonist go from jail to supreme commander. Better yet, his father outright excuting that slave who framed him. I'd even say him not skipping town and staying to fight of Olivia and what's her name, was endearing and shows how much those 2 matter to him. But I have to agree, the whole Mari is his sister while it was set up from before only ended up dragging the arc down, from the fact that she should have been excuted for pretending to be the saint. To out right going out of her way to steal and ruin Olivia story progression. Only to have her sticking around like a sore thumb only because she is MC younger sister. You know the one who blackmailed him and abused him for her personal gains. Or as many of you pointed out the outright disjointed sequences that we don't know who's is where. Or what is even going on. Heck this has dragged down so much that even that GL innuendo got stale and annoying. To the point where it is hard to believe that either of those girls care about the MC. Let's hope that the next arc does not go down hill.

Which ended up convincing Hertrude that Marie is a fellow misanthrope who understands her and her plight, and that not everyone in this world is shallow and self-absorbed to the point of completely dismissing her feelings. For all her life, Hertrude was a tool who did what she was told irregardless of what she actually wanted to do, and even now those two blonde bitches come at her and demand that she does something against her wishes. Your dear sister is dead, and all that awaits you is slavery at best? Lmao who cares! Just fix everything so that everyone else can live happily ever after while throwing rotten fruit at your kennel lol
Not saying I quite vibe with Hertrude's and Marie's points. I do however completely agree with Marie's assessment of whatshername - her goody two shoes attitude without trying to actually understand the issue at hand is shallow to the point of being harmful, and is fucking annoying to watch
She might be a tool, but she is still their leader. Her people are fighting under her flag and look what she do? Let her emotions get to her and let her people suffer without thinking that there are family waiting for them. She's just proving that she's not leader, but a brat that is not even worth as a tool. And Marie? That girl does not know what she's talking about. Because unlike those two who feel and understand what the combatant felt in the war, Marie was panicking in maintaining the barrier that she failed to contain. Sure she understands what it feels like to lose someone, but instead of blaming herself for getting her brother kicked out of the house and forcing him to finish a stupid game, she blamed a pixel character even in her second life and has a mindset that "because I suffer both life I deserve to be happy, damn this pixel characters!" Talk about a self-centered.

Dex-chan lover
She's just proving that she's not leader
I don't think she cares at this point
that is not even worth as a tool
And that is a good thing for Hertrude. Being used again is one of the last things she wants to experience again
And Marie? That girl does not know what she's talking about.
The fact that she does is what makes Hertrude snap out her stupor. Those two were pressing all the wrong buttons, because they have not experienced - and thus could not empathize with - her grief and the feeling of losing everything. Being a combatant does not necessarily teach you those things. Wait, why are we even talking about combatants, and how does that relate to convincing Hertrude do the thing?
she blamed a pixel character even in her second life
I don't care enough about this manga to go back and reread older chapters, but I don't remember Marie blaming the two for the death of her brother. What she did is merely express her personal disdain towards them

Dex-chan lover
Using that emoji was certainly a choice among choices.
I also think you could tone down a little the swearing used in dialogue. It read like a parody chapter, lol.
And yeah, I hope this arc's over soon.

Users who are viewing this thread