Otomege Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu - Vol. 2 Ch. 7 - White Gloves

@CyanHide
Plot recap, MC gets reincarnated into otome game which is a matriarchal world. MC becomes adventurer to avoid marrying evil old hag, goes to school, and befriends Olivia (game's protagonist). Marie is most likely his sis in previous life (unconfirmed, could be wrong). No idea how she dies. Marie is taking the love targets from Olivia and is a thot.

Dex-chan lover
He was forced to play through the game and capture all those guys, so it's no wonder he would hate them.

Dex-chan lover
I think you can easily explain it with the fact that they were so easily able to fall for Marie instead of Olivia, indicating they are shallow and manipulative. We know he hates Marie,
if I were to guess it's his earth sister but they don't know it yet,
and supports Olivia. He also probably hates how easily they are woo'd by here as she's clearly two-faced. In that sense, he hates them because they will just fall for her regardless of her actions or intentions. Additionally, he had to earn his place, fight his way through the social ladder and be granted his title through merit. They just had everything given to them on a silver platter and didn't have to work for their titles. As such, MC is justified in his actions.
Also, he probably doesn't want to see the Villainess be wedded off to someone she doesn't love that's ugly because he almost went through the exact same experience and can empathize with the mentality, and so doesn't want to see it happen to someone else.

@toastedguy

Fed-Kun's army
@Darkmint13 Yeah, suuuuuper unrealistic that it happens so many times in our history and is observed in our current times. I mean, you can't get any more unrealistic than history and observation, right? /s

Seriously, grow up. Harems are definitely not the norm today, but that doesn't mean it never happens. Some people are simply desired by the opposite sex so much that they're willing to have an open-ended relationship with them with other people. Or, marry them with other people.

@adfjs I'm not sure why you're so offended.
A culture that is fine with harems is entirely different from a culture that has no harems.
Edit: I'm not saying their culture is bad. Just that of course they are fine with harems because they grew up around it.

The main character grew up in an environment without harems so he's uncomfortable with them.
Edit2: His previous body grew up in a non harem environment and he seems to hold with those memories rather than his current ones.

I also never said harems don't happen.

My comment was aimed at writing in manga and otome games that write in harems NOT history.

Fed-Kun's army
@Darkmint13 I'm not offended. Just saying that you saying that harems are unrealistic is just plain wrong. It's sheer ignorance to say it's unrealistic. Even in a society where it's almost impossible to find a harem, there are still people with multiple lovers and wives in our world (not talking about affairs here, just saying).

Also, the MC has a father with two wives and sisters and stepmother with "servants" (yes, they have sex with their "servants" so do almost 100% of the girls with servants here) and boyfriends so you're not making sense when you're saying he didn't grew up in it.

Apparently, saying something is "suuuuuper unrealistic" means they happen from time to time? Apparently, saying something is "unrealistic" makes no statement about realism?

I get it, the MC is shocked about harems but saying it's unrealistic in any sense whether it's aimed at manga or IRL is just asinine. It doesn't help when you're mostly hitting manga with medieval settings where it's a necessity for someone to have multiple partners (most often wives and/or concubines) if they are resourceful enough because that person needs an heir.

@adfjs For someone who's not offended you sound pretty offended.

Look I think harems are unrealistic in manga the way they are written. That's me. When a manga or anime becomes like that I don't read it. I move on. Thankfully Marie isn't the main character here so it isn't an issue.

You seem to enjoy them so good for you. Keep reading what you love/like.

Life is too short to read things you don't like. (Especially since I read for my own entertainment. )

So thanks for the lovely discussion but there's no point trying to convince me otherwise. Hope you have a great day. :)

Fed-Kun's army
@Darkmint13 Trust me, I'm not offended. I just talk like this when I see stupid things. The rest of your comment, well, meh.

Dex-chan lover
Is it just me or does angelica really look a lot like FGO's Artoria Lancer?

Heh best girl there, best girl there.. no one really knows who's the best girl here

Leon is into milf

Dex-chan lover
calling it now, leon is going to:
Fug that qt glasses dude, let the your hate of W*man control you!

Users who are viewing this thread