Otomege Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - These Guys Are A Pain In The Ass

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation, this is much better.

Oh I know that feeling MC, party members in games that just suck too much and make the game stupidly difficult, I too, would like to whack them with a shovel

This was pretty much the same with what happen with saitama against sea king. Everyone else lost, and when he beat it in a punch, they thought Sea king was weak, but everyone else was just weaker and useless. They never realised that the enemy, in this case bartford, was just truly strong (or you know, has the upperhand in terms of armor and experience.)

This is something I never thought of, and I don't know if this was the intent of the author, but the very nature of strategy games/rpgs/whatever makes it so giving sentience to game characters basically makes them useless trash in a more human setting.
Think about it, NPCs only come in 2 varieties: completely useless or conditionally useful in the context of the setting(i.e. only useful if you, the player, put in the effort to make them useful). We don't tend to consider how stupid the AI is or how absolutely moronic character settings and gimmicks are in a real world context(except as a joke) because we know they aren't people, but once you make them sentient humans, those character settings and simplistic gimmicks just make them braindead in a battle setting. These traits were justified by the fact game devs have to work within hardware limitations and making their actions too complex and unpredictable would make gameplay unreliable and frustrating, not to mention that it helps with character building to have their personalities reflect on their behavior in battle.
But as actual people, what the fuck is up with "never equips weapons and is the first to jump into battle"? Someone like that is more of a liability than anything, since there isn't some player character overseeing his actions that can retry enemy encounters.

Users who are viewing this thread