Otomege Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu - Vol. 3 Ch. 13 - Beginning of Episode 1

@cryum ok....
128137750681320110725-22047-u4vrs1.jpg

Dex-chan lover
@boag
part of his personality is taking responsability for shit, which is why he wont let Luxion go on full genocide mode, leon hates to admit it, but the dude is set to be a contributing member of society, the wage slave life assured engrained that on him.

Yeah, he even occasionally talked about what's good for the country. Although we all know what would be good for that country is a full revolution. It's like you said: Somehow being a contributing citizen is ingrained in him. However, I wasn't trying to deny that from him, I merely meant he would be a contributing citizen/noble from his own island, not from his father's island. If there was enough physical distance between his island and his old home island, Zora, sisters, and other annoyances would be far less likely to pay an unwanted visit. Plus if someone wanted to attack him, the family wouldn't be dragged in.

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme
She will not be an issue to him anymore since he now outranks her.

believe me when i say, that the story takes care not to insult the readers intelligence, and lets characters take a common sense approach, before relying on dumb cliches.

Dex-chan lover
@Miros
Oh, someone like me who also thinks PapaKiki ending was garbage.
I hated how MC always worked to conquer Raika's love.
Then when she finally warms up to him, falls in love and confesses to him... the novel ends. Next volume she's drinking crying with friends after she got rejected and in the very same volume MC is asking his niece for marriage? WTF, author died? I call it karma.

Aggregator gang
@boag ah .. that harem ending .. I don't really like it, it's showing how indecisive author character are. I just like how will the mc wooing or maybe ntr'ed roland that's all.
Well maybe if he take the queen and save her from roland is good, tho if deirdre and clarice join that, It's just like that other shounen series with full of harem... maybe if clarice, deirdre and deirdre old sist (dorothea) marry to mc brother it's good like that. That's why I really prefer that alternate universe... for now, because mc just have marie. If it's increasing I don't really think that will be different than the main series then, same route = harem.

@Miros I think you're miss type between history and fiction. because if this is history, it means that happen in your real life perspective, means your real world. Because the definition of history is (inquiry, knowledge acquired by investigation) in the past as it is described in written documents, and the study thereof. And clearly this is not described in written document or any study of knowledge or inquiry by investigation (of some researcher).

@InfernalDrake117 alright but here we only see so much, and they also cut out some cool novel parts like one of the dudes trying to steal an attack, and so on. Once again here we only see him giving a large amount of cash, and it says part of his winnings, we do not know if the two are absolutely the same, or if this will adapt a portion of the tale. Either way I don't think you could give too much money, given once again this is a matriarchal society, and even the noble boys don't get anyone swooning unless they are super high ranked, but this is insurance. If he skimped on the funds there could have been more conflicts, and his island once again will be insanely profitable in the future, and also he is a low ranking person who in the novel won ludicrous amounts of money by offending every noble around, unless you can find a line where the Duke says he gave way too much then I'm going to take it as is. This is not the novel, he is despised by his peers and all nobility around, when the cash flow came back to the nobles it eased a massive economic crisis, and he literally has no need for money, his robots can turn rock into gold, his island has insane amounts of power so he could arguably fight an entire nation, and he is trying to be left alone, this money ensures that less people will want his head taken through the court system, and now that he has given it up less people will think of invading his island to plunder the gold (but stealing lost items maybe).

Either way his island is self sufficient, will allow him to develop further, if it had gone his way and he'd been exiled, he could still make a killing using his alchemy robot.

Tldr : the dude can make gold from coal, he doesn't need coins

Contributor
@SunSun Sorry, have never read that series you mentioned. As for the ranking, it is pretty standard knowledge across East Asian countries.

To satisfy your curiosity, in imperial china, there are actually two different court rank variations: One called 9 classes of 18 tiers, another called 9 classes of 30 tiers.
9 classes of 30 tiers (Which from the 4th class down have a "upper" and "lower" variation, aka. Senior 4th Class Upper) was implemented in the Sui Dynasty and was in use through the Tang and early Song dynasty, when one of the Emperor in the Song Dynasty simplified it into the 9 classes of 18 tiers (Removing the upper and lower variations). The ranks are primarily tied to court (in other words, government) positions, with the Prime Minister of the emperor rated as the Senior 1st Rank. (Additionally, the ranks are directly tied to your wage and benefits - including how many horses you can pulling your carriage or how big a doorway and house you can build for your residence, similar to military ranks today)
18 tiers: https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E4%B9%9D%E5%93%81%E5%8D%81%E5%85%AB%E9%9A%8E
30 tiers: https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E4%B9%9D%E5%93%81%E4%B8%89%E5%8D%81%E9%9A%8E
In other words, they are ranks of civil servants. If it were to be in use today, the lady at the DMV counter would likely be counted as Junior 9th Rank.

As the Japanese Imperial Court largely copied the Tang Dynasty Court wholesale, they largely retained the 9 classes of 30 tiers version before it was phased out.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Japanese_court_ranks,_positions_and_hereditary_titles
p.s. In case you are wondering, Kingdom of Korea, Vietnam, and Ryukyu all adopted the 9 ranks of 18 tiers system, only Kingdom of Japan kept using the 9 ranks of 30 tiers system.
Unlike in Imperial China, where governmental positions were selected by merit and tied to civil service, the Japanese court positions largely evolved to became hereditary, and by the beginning of Shogunates, devoid of any legitimate power. (aka. a Minister of War having no armies to command, or a Minister of Revenue with no taxes to collect.) As this is a japanese manga, they largely inherited their interpretation of court ranks - them being powerless honorary positions - although using the simpler 9 ranks of 18 tiers system.

As for Peerage. Historically, there are technically only 3 ranks of nobility:
Emperor/Independent Kings (With Emperor STRICTLY limited in use for line of the ROMAN emperors. As such, classically, there are only 2 legitimate emperors in europe, one for eastern roman emperor - claimed by Russia after Byzantine Empire fell in form of Tsar, and western roman emperor - the Holy Roman Emperor. Britain's Emperor/Empress is actually for the Mughal Empire, not for anywhere in Europe, and Napoleon is just a trend breaker.)
King/Prince (aka. Fursts)/Margrave/Duke/Count/Baron
Baronet/Knight
Which term you end up using is largely depending on what that plot of land you own is called historically, and how full of it you are. (Like Dukes of Austria calling themselves Archdukes one lovely morning, or Principality of Hanover suddenly being called the Kingdom of Hanover because they feel like they deserve a little more recognition.)
Baronet and Knights are the only unique ones, since they are not tied to land, and are the only ranks who are considered subservient to another rank of nobility.

Lastly, as a translator, I can say the "use a mix of German, HRE style ranks and British ones" is an artifact of translation, in other words, it is that we use whatever we feel most comfortable with. Some of us prefer to translate 伯爵 as Earl (I'm staring at you, my silly british translator friends) while others prefer using the (more proper) term of Count, and that ONE silly translator who for some inexplicable reason, always use the term Comites.
As such, ALL ranks in japanese literature uses the Japanese peerage system, itself inherited from Chinese Imperial dynasties since the Zhou Dynasty (As with everything else, introduced wholesale into japan during the Tang Dynasty). Any variation in term is solely discretionary by the translator in question.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kazoku
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_nobility#Peer_ranks_of_the_Zhou_dynasty
p.s. Add a King/Emperor on top of it all, and yes, I've yet to see a japanese author understand the intricacies of using the term emperor, so they use it strictly in the persian sense of "kings of kings", aka. a ruler who rules over multiple "likely extinct" kingdoms and/or multiple races.

Last tidbit for translators: Please UNDERSTAND the difference between Regent and Regnant... I seen too many cases of translators use the term Regent when they meant Regnant. (A retired king is a "retired regnant" not "retired regent", after all, he is not serving as a regent for a capable young king.)

Dex-chan lover
@Wilhelm_Stenvall If I was the MC and the king wanted to take the island away from me. They best thing to do is fight back. His tech is far superior than what the magi have now.

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme

What I want is for him to take his new island and go to some remote region...

Then how about saying that instead of:
So, while robots are working to develop his own island, he himself is working the fields of the old island, like a slave? Yeah, sounds like a plan for a moron.
and present your ideas properly.
"Heh, dude's a moron for working when he has robots." is very fucking different from "He should just fuck off somewhere with his shit."

When he found and claimed the uninhabited island for his own, it was his and his alone. He never planned to become a noble because of it, though. That was an unwelcome surprise, though it should have been an expected one since the kingdom would obviously want to tax him. He's not a baron? That would suit him perfectly! If he sympathises with some of his siblings, he could save them from that cursed (by Zora) old home of his if he wanted to, by taking them with him. But he's not saving anyone by going back to that misery himself. Is shared misery only half a misery or something?

Wrong. He was already a noble; being the illegitimate son means he can't inherit the house, but he still has noble status, without peerage. His status at time of being an adventurer, has to be something like Gentry, since he wasn't apprenticed to a Knight as a Squire, and there hasn't been any evidence of an Esquire rank. Gentry puts him above commoners. Additionally, the kingdom didn't promote him to Baron instead of leaving him as Gentry or even a Knight, because it was expected in light of his contributions, see Chp 4 when his dad tells him about his promotion. Feudal societies from Europe to Asia emphasized the idea of a vassal gaining appropriate rewards in proportion to his achievements. In fact, in both European and Asian feudal systems, the whole point of having achievements was to gain rank, land, and status from your lord or overlord. Leon, as a modern man, has no concept of this. I'll go so far as to say that if Leon didn't receive a promotion to Baron, that in itself would've been treated as a scandal by the rest of the nobility.

Now as far as taking his younger brother with him, he can't for two reasons. The first is his brother's only 10 and is the ward of his father and Zola. Second, if he was stripped of his rank and title, it'd be scandalous for ANY noble to go associate with Leon; Leon's hoping Duke Redgrave would be able to prevent him being executed and instead lose noble title and rank in compense instead. Finally, Zola can still force an engagement for Colin using finances and status as reasons for doing so, even at 10 years old, which would still require Leon to intervene using his own money until Colin's old enough to attend the academy, and PAY for his tuition there. Zola can't say "we can't afford to send Colin to academy" if Leon's investing and working on his dad's territory. AND, that's also not including the previous chapter where Leon VERY clearly states he's going to be "in the care of my dad" and "living independently on the island".

He expected to be expelled from the school, which was a very welcome idea to him since he never really wanted to be there in the first place, especially in the advanced class. That's what I meant, though...

Not quite, Chp 1, while he's recovering his memories, as a noble, finding a wife prior to graduating is a big deal, and Nicks explains why finding a baronet's or knight's daughter is preferable. Pg 8 explains that aristocratic men, that is male nobles, must have a wife or they're fucked professionally and socially. Prior to being made into a baron, he wanted to go to the academy to at least find his own partner among the standard class.

However, he didn't expect to have to take others with him when he's leaving (just look at his face in chapter 12 when he was asked to).

I didn't read that was unwilling, more as surprise given pg 22 when he's out of sight of Duke Redgrave. His internal thoughts don't mention any displeasure at having to entertain Olivia and Angelica, neither as he's leaving or while they're onboard his ship. The only possible hint is when they're on his island does he ask, "Why are you following me?" but that can be taken as "i'm not doing anything interesting" as well as "why do I have to entertain you". I mean if you were getting ready to be fired from a company for smacking around the next CEO, you wouldn't expect one of the board-members to ask you to take his daughter with you.

If he had only taken them to his own, new island, perhaps Angelica wouldn't have enjoyed living in some rustic cottage and would have left before long, leaving him in peace.

Disagree and unlikely. Angie had already tagged him as someone worthwhile back in chapter 4 or 5, stating she wanted Leon opportunities to talk to the prince and his cohorts. Then during the battle arc, re-read Angelica's reactions to Leon as he's fighting and as the mob trashtalks. Finally, back in Chp 12, onboard the airship she expresses shame at only thinking of the prince despite Leon risking his life, both physical and social for her, and in the hotsprings, where she talks about how her elder brother and father view him, along with asking Leon to call her by Angie. We know Leon wasn't intending to, but Angie's already subconciously made him her knight in shining armor, and tbh, he did serve as just that during the ballroom scene.

...I don't understand what was fragmented about it.

Re-read your original response to me, and compare it to the one I'm currently replying to. Context is everything.

His stepmother is 100% depended on leeching his father's island dry every year to live comfortably in luxury in a nice city far away from the backwaters agricultural island. Who exactly would kill their own source of income willingly? If he had stopped his stepmother from invading his island, Zora wouldn't have been able to do anything. Leon even paid handsomely to the duke Redgrave to keep his family safe.

Nicks and Colin get engaged off to the Ladies of the Forest and murdered die honorably in battle. Nicks is supposed to be married but it seems he's actually still at the academy since he's on the farms too with Colin. And again, if he had no status, dropping to something like Yeoman since he's giving up court rank and title, stopping a Baroness by force is an act of lese majeste that is punishable by death, which complete undermines what he paid Duke Redgrave to keep him from being executed and protecting the Baltford clan. His dad would have to side with Zola or else become a renegade house and Zola could just fuck off back to the capital and remarry another desperate Baron.

Or worse, supporters of the prince and his cohorts find other methods of revenge in their own way, if they hear about Leon committing lese majeste.

Nah, I'll stick to that remaining 10%. His problem is that he doesn't realise he is his own man now, with his own domain and responsibilities. He has already left his old home. They are separated now. In fact considering he has made too big a name for himself in the capital, it would definitely be in his own best interests to make it look like there's no strong bond between him and his father's island. Otherwise his father, mother, and siblings would be more easily targeted by those who would want to hurt him.

As stated before, until Colin's able to look out for himself, he needs to help his dad out. Regardless of Leon himself saying he was going under care of his dad, Zola can use the same argument that she used for him for Colin. AFAIK, Leon didn't actually hand money over to his family, but to the estate, cause that's the only way I think he can support his father without Zola taking a huge chunk.

Yes he is his own man, IF everything went to plan and he did lose his title and rank, yes you're right he has his own responsibilities but part of that is protecting a younger brother who isn't able to protect himself yet. Finally it may also be an influence of his Japanese roots but in Asian culture, filial piety is a huge deal. His family is safe from official reprisal from his actions, but not from Zola or unofficial ones.

Dex-chan lover
@undercurses
thats the thing
The King (Roland), doesnt care about the Queen (Mylene)

@Kuroageha
papakiki was garbage from the moment they kept having the LOL SO FANNY moments with the friend that fucked everygirl in sight.

Dex-chan lover
@boag
??? He was irrelevant toplot and the like. Just a pointless gag that didn't bother at all. Even in side stories it got him big troubles. And tbh he only fucked thots to keep then away from MC's life.

Dex-chan lover
@InfernalDrake117
Not sure if he really paid everything to the duke. The exact phrasing in the translated manga says, "Part of my earnings from the bets made from the duels".

@FrostBlood
I meant that he paid too much if he ended up getting promoted.
He only meant to pay so that he could ask the duke to protect his family. Had MC been even a tiny bit stingy, the duke would have a lower opinion of him and he would not have been recommended for promotion (they had a "debate").
By the end of MC and the duke's meeting, the duke really really wanted to have his power and also keep him away from a certain someone else that wasn't explicitly said who. I mean, MC is a successful adventurer, has an overpowered mech that beat the best technology the kingdom has, and thinks ahead of everyone else - as they say, he's a knight, not a politician.

> He ain't the wisest
He knew what he was doing.
1. He was able to spite his reincarnated sister
2. He humiliated the power rangers who pissed him off and hurt dear Angie
3. He taught the power rangers a lesson - he was actually thinking about their future (remember that he had to romance them as the protagonist in his previous life)
4. He would have split up the prince from Marie if the prince didn't let himself get disowned, but the prince was too self-centered
5. He never wanted to go to advanced class nor did he even care about being an independent house, so he was making the best out of the situation to leave
6. Playing the heel was all part of it. Heck, he even got so much money out of it.
7. And that money was all there to ensure that he doesn't have to bring trouble to his family

Then again, things didn't go as planned
1. the prince and Marie didn't get split up anyway
2. now that the original romantic interests of the heroine are disowned and are still stuck to Marie, Olivia can't follow the original route(s) anymore
3. he is still a baron and is even getting promoted - he wanted to be free from responsibilities. his original goal was to avoid getting married off to some old hag

Okay, maybe he isn't the wisest afterall

Dex-chan lover
@Kuroageha
except when the Thots got into MCs life just to get to the manslut.

@jonsmth
certain someone else that wasn't explicitly said who.
next 2 volumes the Marquiz is introduced, he leads his own faction and is trying to throw the kingdom into a civil war so that an enemy country can invade.

Okay, maybe he isn't the wisest afterall
T.- Luxion.

Users who are viewing this thread