Otomege Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu - Vol. 4 Ch. 19 - Clarice-Senpai

Fed-Kun's army
@lu4asz

Yes, they will. As for their reaction:
Maria: 😍
Leon: 🤬 😒

More spoiler for their relationship as siblings:

Unlike what we've assumed, in actuality, neither of them really hate the other. Leon is a brother that spoils his little sister. He badmouths and complains about her but he'll still do what his sister asks of him. There's also the fact that he's totally protective of her and traumatized those that mess with her (yes, even as children). As for Maria, there isn't a single person she trusts more than her brother. She acts spoiled because her brother lets her to. For this, she usually walks the line where he's still spoiling her (despite his insincere "complaints") and not enough to actually piss him off. She's very afraid of him being pissed off though because she's aware what kind of happens to those aforementioned children.

Fed-Kun's army
@Miistis

Because technically, Jilk is still the contestant but Leon is a substitute. Jilk still made it to the finals despite everything that's happened. Also, betting on himself would net him a bigger profit.

@Kaarme You basically explained the logic behind ALL romance anime. And besides if this is her only reason to not have any demihuman she would buy then bois after her engagement with Julius broke.

Dex-chan lover
@Assburger Perhaps eventually. However, she has been very depressed and self-loathing. Not only because Julius dropped her but because she feels like Leon has helped her so much but she could give him nothing back and even treated him too offhandedly. As it is, I don't think it would have even fitted her personality at this point. She's clearly different from that Clarice who's apparently trying to make a point with a huge harem and is full of vengeance. Perhaps if Leon hadn't been there for Angie, she could have tried to find some phoney self-worth by having a bunch of male slaves worship her, but fortunately Leon was there. Although she doesn't dare to dream of becoming a couple with Leon, she still likes him and thus might have even consciously thought getting slaves now would hurt her imagine further in Leon's eyes or even insult him.

@Kaarme Actually, there's an in-canon reason as to why Angie doesn't have any demihuman slaves, it's just not directly stated and it's explained at the end of Volume 3 of the LN (we're early in Vol 2 manga-wise, for comparison.) and depends on some of the happenings in late-Vol 2. early Vol 3 to fully understand, but basically-

The leaders of the Kingdom, due to some circumstances, realized that they desperately needed to lessen the chances of treason among feudal lords. One of the ways they did this involved encouraging values that included mild misandry which both mildly weakened the lords and created a sense of camaraderie among them so that treason wasn't as common.

The thing is, this misandry got worse and worse and wasn't addressed because it still helped the kingdom- The nobles were impoverished and all the money was pooling in the capital.

The Kingdom also wished to lower the number of nobles, and educate commoners in what was essentislly a bid to change the political system, and so this was allowed as it would essentially help decide which nobles would be... 'removed', in a sense.

Higher-up nobles don't allow their daughters to have slaves because they're aware of this.

Spoiler-free TL;DR - High Nobles don't have slaves, for a reason.

Dex-chan lover
@lu4asz: You already got an answer, but there is more:
In the LN there is a side story, in which Leon made slightly other decisions and stopped Marie right in the beginning, leaving Livia to the plot unfolding and taking care of his newly found fellow reincarnated japanese person instead. At some point Marie realizes, that he isn't just a reincarnated person, but actually her brother. He nearly does it at that time too, but when he asks her, she just makes him discard that idea (for now). Welp...in her mind he is the only person, who ever took good care of her, the only real man. And they do live new lives in new, not blood related bodies anyway....so... And as for him, she might be a fitting marriage partner, that could get him out of marriage interview hell. If she just wouldn't remind him so much of his sister. While not their is goes into a certain direction....
Though the LN has been licensed and BakaPervert took his excellent up to vol5 translations down to dodge a possible C'n'D. Maybe you still can find it on the net though if you start looking now. 😏

Chapter 20 Raw really sad for "Clarice" fans.
Anyway... this manga take up WN route instead.

PoH

@anakskul wait what's the differences between WN route and LN route?

@Jofog you still can find it on aggregator site like readlightnovel.

Dex-chan lover
It's still crazy to me how Sex Crazy every female is in this world. They literally walk around with their sex slaves and still want more sex slaves, it's absolutely bonkers to me and it's pretty disgusting.

@PoH
Im sorry for late reply...
WN = Clarice is not virgin anymore after off-engagement.
LN = she still a virgin, and become next heroine for MC.

@Xeredge You know how damaging that is for yourself right, your own mental health? Sex is awesome fictional or not, youre devaluing men and women everywhere by having that attitude. I hope you're young and will grow out of that mindset. Women are people too even if they seem like lunatics at times.

The prince really is brazenly stupid. The MC really has to get the mom to punish this prince. Finally some good hint of romance between Leon and Olivia.

PoH

@anakskul
Hm? This Clarice is not the same as the Claris in the 2nd game(arc) that have little brother problem right? I already read the translated LN. Are they the same? I thought they're different person.

Aggregator gang
That last quote made me think in the last strophe of the song "Here comes the Arm" from the Band "The Protomen"

" Joe, when you see Emily
Tell her to wait for me
Cause I still have work to do..."

@anakskul

Really? They changed that in the light novel? I guess I could understand, all those purityfags would throw a fit if they were given 'second-hands' in their power fantasy. It's a shame though, because it really hammered in how hard Clarice took being dumped by her fiancee.

Users who are viewing this thread