Otona ni Narenai Bokura wa - Ch. 8 - Home visit

Dex-chan lover
Thanks! In a way, it might be 'comforting' for some ppl to be repetitive mindless npcs/'dolls' unless you had an annoying parent/person in your friend group, tho other than being bullied if you had a relatively peaceful school life, i can imagine enjoying the 'loop' for like maybe 2-3 months before trying to go against it (at the very least you can just ask for a once in a life time extra pocket money and pig out on something with no consequence every now and then)

Be hilarious if they 'breakout' of the time loop after accumulating the most ridiculous amount of things and some ppl semi-consciously remember some stuff lol
Wow that's funny and painful at the same time.

Well, nothing wrong with trolling if you had a friend, within reason/as long as it's not too cruel, i'd also be tempted to meet a friend's friend or relative and scare them a bit like "i know everything about you b/c i'm a psychic/witch" or so XD

Would be interesting to try some variations/notice any differences to see if it'd help give them hints or diff ways like "onee-chan if i win in rock paper scissors 3 times in a row, give me 5,000 yen" and note down if it changes depending on how they phrase the question or where they're sitting and such

Dex-chan lover
Well, nothing wrong with trolling if you had a friend, within reason/as long as it's not too cruel, i'd also be tempted to meet a friend's friend or relative and scare them a bit like "i know everything about you b/c i'm a psychic/witch" or so XD
i think they meant painful in the sense that their own families don't feel real anymore, so doing their funny proposal bit is meant to break the monotonous cycle. it brings them relief from the cruel reality of a repeating day

Dex-chan lover
i think they meant painful in the sense that their own families don't feel real anymore, so doing their funny proposal bit is meant to break the monotonous cycle. it brings them relief from the cruel reality of a repeating day
Yeah, maybe something will 'awaken' in the others or doing things they wouldn't normally do might help break things out of the cycle, but even without the time loop, sometimes days and ppl get repetitive so it prolly helps for some ppl to move away as adults versus like, living with your parents for 30 more years but either way hopefully other than dragging others into the same 'curse', if they weren't before, maybe they'll come across another person with more 'free will'/also aware if two ppl in the same school happened to be affected

Dex-chan lover
Behind the comedy, it's kind of fucked up.
potential immortality aside, most time loops are

tho even an 'immortal' story setting seems like it'd get boring/tedious if you can live over a thousand years assuming you can't sleep decades at a time and always have something entertaining versus just reincarnating multiple times lol

Supporter
potential immortality aside, most time loops are

tho even an 'immortal' story setting seems like it'd get boring/tedious if you can live over a thousand years assuming you can't sleep decades at a time and always have something entertaining versus just reincarnating multiple times lol
So many things depend on muscle memory or physical fitness. Any exercise you do, any sport you practice, largely amounts to nothing. You might retain the knowledge, but actual proficiency will always be beyond you.

Nothing you do in a time loop has any impact.

The one thing semi-unique thing here is that there are two of them in the loop (there's an an Amazon Prime movie with a similar premise -- the map of tiny perfect things)

So... Pretty quickly the ennui will take you.

In this story, I gather she has been in the loop longer than him. My theory is that this is going to end up a bit like the movie Passengers (Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence) where she dragged him into the loop because she was afraid of the loneliness.

Dex-chan lover
Would be interesting to try some variations/notice any differences to see if it'd help give them hints or diff ways like "onee-chan if i win in rock paper scissors 3 times in a row, give me 5,000 yen" and note down if it changes depending on how they phrase the question or where they're sitting and such
this feels like save scumming a vn choice

Dex-chan lover
So many things depend on muscle memory or physical fitness. Any exercise you do, any sport you practice, largely amounts to nothing. You might retain the knowledge, but actual proficiency will always be beyond you.

Nothing you do in a time loop has any impact.

The one thing semi-unique thing here is that there are two of them in the loop (there's an an Amazon Prime movie with a similar premise -- the map of tiny perfect things)

So... Pretty quickly the ennui will take you.

In this story, I gather she has been in the loop longer than him. My theory is that this is going to end up a bit like the movie Passengers (Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence) where she dragged him into the loop because she was afraid of the loneliness.
well there is a psych tag so other than their own declining mental state maybe they'll get more fucked up

altho 50/50 on him 'forgiving her' b/c they're horny hormonal teens or being mad and 'ignoring' her for like 3 years lol, but other than checking the date on like the school chalkboards or their phones, wonder how long it'd take a whole class to notice or go crazy if there was like multiple ones in a time loop versus just two ppl. (tho i wouldn't be surprised if a whole school affected, that 2-3 wouldn't want to break out)

Dex-chan lover
I never realised that, yes, after seeing people do the same thing for hundreds and thousands of times, they won't feel real
wonder how many ppl having repetitive days in lockdown drove them stir crazy/bored

lets hope they just don't become serial killers or so bc i can totally imagine there being an 'edgy ' time loop where ppl are killing without consequences

Users who are viewing this thread