Otona ni Narenai Bokura wa - Ch. 8 - Home visit

Supporter
I feel like a Groundhog Day climax would be a cop-out but it is the natural way to end the time loop, if you ignore the similarity with the H-manga plotline where you can’t leave the locked room until you cream her a hundred times. Wizard of Oz “you had the power to end this all along, just clap your cheeks together and repeat after me” Is in the same vein, it hints less at a deity sticking its nose where it doesn’t belong but feels more lazy. Double suicide would be brutal. I kinda want a more mystery angle, where they reverse engineer the time loop by finding inconsistencies, but it wouldn’t thematically fit. It’s a story about coming to terms with yourself and your place in reality, not a story about rejecting and outsmarting reality.

Dex-chan lover
So many things depend on muscle memory or physical fitness. Any exercise you do, any sport you practice, largely amounts to nothing. You might retain the knowledge, but actual proficiency will always be beyond you.

Nothing you do in a time loop has any impact.

The one thing semi-unique thing here is that there are two of them in the loop (there's an an Amazon Prime movie with a similar premise -- the map of tiny perfect things)

So... Pretty quickly the ennui will take you.

In this story, I gather she has been in the loop longer than him. My theory is that this is going to end up a bit like the movie Passengers (Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence) where she dragged him into the loop because she was afraid of the loneliness.
The "time loop" witch yuri tends to address it in a diff way (tho she's actually able to 'move on', idk if it's better or worse to be stuck on the same day , or just looping and progressing very slowly)

There is also that one with the 'summer couple' too, so i wonder if it's another popular trend but idk if it's gonna get as 'overused' as the isekai premise lol

Dex-chan lover
Introverted shut-ins had a relaxing time not having to deal with people for a change, while outgoing extroverts were suffering a lot.
tbf i live in america so other than 'essential jobs' and like some student zoom calls it wouldn't surprised me if ppl just still 'went out to the club' anyways (b/c no one really enforced lockdowns with antimaskers existing)
, or just like facetime calls and such (if not just going outside and exercising bc other than like parks and ball games i don't think just going on a walk would be that crowded, but hopefully it opened up more work from home opportunity jobs for ppl)

Dex-chan lover
The more you think about it the more dark it is when you realise those that are meant to be the closest to you eventually start to feel inhuman not because of any thought of there own but because there behaviours just can't be original anymore.

The whole idea of a personality slowly starts to lose meaning when you already know what's going to happen

Dex-chan lover
The more you think about it the more dark it is when you realise those that are meant to be the closest to you eventually start to feel inhuman not because of any thought of there own but because there behaviours just can't be original anymore.

The whole idea of a personality slowly starts to lose meaning when you already know what's going to happen
I mean depending on how your life style is, some ppl seem like mindless drones already but i'd rather deal with a predictable and 'boring' personality versus someone wild, imagine there being some released criminal that stabbed you every loop if you walked down a certain street (altho i imagine most ppl would avoid it the 2nd and third time around if you didn't somehow forget or just wanted to feel pain to balance the dull-ness of a time loop, tho the male mc seemed to be ok with it compared to the female one, at least at first, not sure if he'd get unraveled eventually but he wasn't alone to start with)

also, surprised his sister didn't say anything about him more or less skipping school, unless she's like "well, he rarely skips so taking a break once isn't bad" then again most siblings wouldn't give a shit unless they were the same age and like "if you get to skip school so do i"/complain to their parents unless it's only her 'taking care' of him (despite her being the one asking him to make lunch lol)

Dex-chan lover
I mean depending on how your life style is, some ppl seem like mindless drones already but i'd rather deal with a predictable and 'boring' personality versus someone wild, imagine there being some released criminal that stabbed you every loop if you walked down a certain street (altho i imagine most ppl would avoid it the 2nd and third time around if you didn't somehow forget or just wanted to feel pain to balance the dull-ness of a time loop, tho the male mc seemed to be ok with it compared to the female one, at least at first, not sure if he'd get unraveled eventually but he wasn't alone to start with)
Male MC is actually so lucky that he found someone else going through the loop right from the start. The girl was all alone and has seemingly been doing this much longer than he has, it’s quite telling that she was already suicidal by the time he met her. I wonder if more people would join them over time.

Dex-chan lover

also, surprised his sister didn't say anything about him more or less skipping school, unless she's like "well, he rarely skips so taking a break once isn't bad" then again most siblings wouldn't give a shit unless they were the same age and like "if you get to skip school so do i"/complain to their parents unless it's only her 'taking care' of him (despite her being the one asking him to make lunch lol)
True but we're talking specifically about people you care about like your family here I feel like losing that personal connection is worse unlike not having it in the first place with say a stranger

Dex-chan lover
Male MC is actually so lucky that he found someone else going through the loop right from the start. The girl was all alone and has seemingly been doing this much longer than he has, it’s quite telling that she was already suicidal by the time he met her. I wonder if more people would join them over time.
i get the feeling something might've been 'off'/wrong with him before b/c despite him also being affected by his sister not being a 'person' anymore he did say something early on like "i never felt alive before now"

Users who are viewing this thread