Otonari no Tenshi-sama ni Itsu no Ma ni ka Dame Ningen ni Sareteita Ken - Ch. 15.4

Dex-chan lover
it's almost amusing how wrong this statement is. The source material has more content after it happens than before it.

That's good to know. I've just been burned by so many series that drag and drag and drag and drag and then either get cancelled before they can resolve the main relationship, speedrun the confession because the axe is looming, or decide that the "proper" end point is to have them confess and then do like 3 pages of reactions and maybe an epilogue and that's it. I've always said that the confession doesn't need to be the end of the series, just the start of the next phase of the story and that if the author does their job and makes interesting characters without relying solely on the "will they or won't they?" tension then the possibilities are infinite.

Supporter
Going by the anime, I think it's the sports festival arc
That arc is like two years away. The manga is only at Volume 2 Chapter 3 of the LN whereas that arc is the second half of Volume 4 of the LN. That arc seems closer for anime watchers because the anime adapted half of v3 in a single episode.

Supporter
That's good to know. I've just been burned by so many series that drag and drag and drag and drag and then either get cancelled before they can resolve the main relationship, speedrun the confession because the axe is looming, or decide that the "proper" end point is to have them confess and then do like 3 pages of reactions and maybe an epilogue and that's it. I've always said that the confession doesn't need to be the end of the series, just the start of the next phase of the story and that if the author does their job and makes interesting characters without relying solely on the "will they or won't they?" tension then the possibilities are infinite.
Those things only mainly happen to actual romance manga. This series is a manga adaptation of a Light Novel, so the situation is much different. The downside, however, is that releases are slow and even two years after serialization, the manga is only at Volume 2 Chapter 3 of the Light Novel, whereas Volume 10 of the LN is soon to release.

Supporter
That arc is like two years away. The manga is only at Volume 2 Chapter 3 of the LN whereas that arc is the second half of Volume 4 of the LN. That arc seems closer for anime watchers because the anime adapted half of v3 in a single episode.
And huge chunks of V4 are missing entirely. If this series adds Chitose's and Yuuta's stories from the .5 books, it could be even longer.

Users who are viewing this thread