Otonari no Tenshi-sama ni Itsu no Ma ni ka Dame Ningen ni Sareteita Ken - Vol. 4 Ch. 16.1

Dex-chan lover
Ah yes, this is the part i hate the most in the LN

People literally don't recognize him when he changes his hair a little bit...
If that's the worst part of the light novel, this should be fantastic.

Dex-chan lover
If that's the worst part of the light novel, this should be fantastic.

Oh it is very, very good. And super sweet, I love it.

It's just that little bit is very irritating because it's so, so, SO dumb.

Later on he goes to class with his hair made up with gel.
People literally do not recognize him at first. His classmates go: WOW who's this handsome dude we never met before!
Then they realize and think: wow, was he so handsome to begin with?

Yeah I call bullshit on that. He literally just used a bit of gel on his hair and nothing else...
Feels like the author kinda wants the reader to eat the trope "Oh he was handsome from the start, he just needed to use some gel"
I hope it gets toned down in the manga.

And yes I realize it's very minor. But it grated on me cause it's just... so pointless.

Dex-chan lover
My brother if a girl says that to me I'll confess right away

Supporter
Oh it is very, very good. And super sweet, I love it.

It's just that little bit is very irritating because it's so, so, SO dumb.

Later on he goes to class with his hair made up with gel.
People literally do not recognize him at first. His classmates go: WOW who's this handsome dude we never met before!
Then they realize and think: wow, was he so handsome to begin with?

Yeah I call bullshit on that. He literally just used a bit of gel on his hair and nothing else...
Feels like the author kinda wants the reader to eat the trope "Oh he was handsome from the start, he just needed to use some gel"
I hope it gets toned down in the manga.

And yes I realize it's very minor. But it grated on me cause it's just... so pointless.
To be fair, until the stuff that begins happening in April, he hasn't been cutting or grooming his hair at all (not even his bed head) except when going out as the Mystery Man since moving away from home the previous spring. He's an unkempt disaster before making just a bit of effort.

Dex-chan lover
Ah yes, this is the part i hate the most in the LN

People literally don't recognize him when he changes his hair a little bit...
To be fair most manga characters don't have unique faces and are distingushed by their hairstlyes. If I was in a manga I'd probably not recognize my own mother if she changed her hair.

Dex-chan lover
image.png

...I'm straight
Smash

Tbf, there is the case of Clark Kent's glasses and it's real life counterpart with Henry Cavill doing the same at some convention or smth.
And also the fact that Amane actively avoids standing in the spotlight, so, like, probably more than half of his classmates wouldn't recognise him at that moment even if they were hand distance away. No point talking about schoolmates.
so the henry cavill thing was even more insane:
he was standing in times square
wearing a superman shirt
under an ad for Man of Steel
and nobody recognized him.

Reading this and compare it to Blue Box's hand holding situation is painful :(

You CANNOT be teasing me with these decimal chapters 😭 all jokes aside, thank you for the translation!

bzk

No, this is something that english speaking people often do, so I'm assuming it's translated like that to feel more natural or to fit his personality. He's saying "did you have a good new years" but just casually omitting the "did you" part
Hi, one of the editors on this.

There was like a 30 minute argument over this actually. While this is occurring in past tense, its a conversation in the present about the past. It's not a standalone sentence, since it's dialogue is precluded by "So?", the flow of the line would be completely off. Gloss hit the exact line of thought we had, where it looks like Itsuki just dropped the "Did you" part.

When you read it with the above context, you can see "had" just feels (and is) wrong.

"So? Did you had a good New Years"
"So? Did you have a good New Years"

Because of that, and how in English we tend to drop the "Did you" part, we went with "have" with Itsuki dropping the prelude like we do in English.

Thanks again to Gloss for pointing that out for Georgeorat.

-Bzk

Aggregator gang
THANK YOU GIRL! SAY IT TO HIS FACE! LET IT SINK! SLAP HIM THE SHIT OUT OF HIS SELF DEPRECATING HABIT

Users who are viewing this thread