Dex-chan lover
- Joined
- Aug 8, 2018
- Messages
- 2,629
It's been a fat minute since I read the LN (so long it might have been the WN) so I'm not sure of the immediate response/timeline:Okay LN readers, spoil it for me please:
HOW does our MC cope that she doesn't feel the same way after hearing her say that in front of the whole classroom!?
Like yes I know, "most important person" does not automatically mean "romantic interest." What, does he value her trust in him so much that he's terrified of violating it by being untoward? Is that it?
basically they get a point where they both know and understand they have feelings for each other, and Mahiru in particular becomes more agreessive (like here) in making her feelings clear. The MC really just carries insecurities about not being good enough. He works through that and also changes his daily look (putting in the work to be that "handsome guy" as his new usual appearance) before having the confidence to confess and date openly. Or something like that. I don't remember it being long from this classroom scene, but it's also been years and years since I read. The main building blocks were them getting closer, him showcasing how he can be much more visually handsome (Mahiru doesn't remotely need that but putting in the effort to look and act like someone he can be proud is the MC's growth that's spurred on by liking her), and how even that was first brought up by his mom saying he could look handsome like his dad if he tried.