Otoyomegatari - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - Horse Back Riding

@waserati
The age gap can be a bit much,as he is barely going through puberty and just a small innocent boy. Yet this sets us up for pretty great potential for growth in the main character. we have seen that they only think of him as a frail little boy, so if he grows into a well nice young man, wouldn't it make a great coming of age story? Also, the art style is simply beautiful.

Also this is a time that marrying young is not looked down upon. Also it's so wholesome that I can't wait to see how their relationship becomes in the future.

Double-page supporter
The culture was so different than it was now , women and men used to marry before they become 16 (that girl had a kid that was 4 years old even tho she was 18)
I really like when authors do stories with elements that are considered taboo in today's times.
Also nice fucking titties amira 😍

For some reason, this manga makes me longing for the past in a way. Perfect words to describe; Hiraeth or Saudade.

Banned
Assuming her family don't fuck things up, that kid is gonna be downright spoilt through his teenage years.

Funny how they're calling her old though. I mean sure, compared to her husband. But unlike the guys with young brides, that kid has a wife who will probably be hungering for the cock by the time he is old enough to give it to her.

... If not for potential incoming drama, I'd totally envy that kid's position.

@Cyro11
Absolutely. Only a small handful of mangas have an accurate story-telling nowadays. Even when it pretends to be a historical manga, they hide or lie about the facts.
We're living in an age where lies about our history are the norm. And it's sad.
The taboo truth about our history explains so much about our past and future.

Dex-chan lover
@SpamJoe Do you speak portuguese? Saudade i know what it is but i don't know what Hiraeth is, what language is it?

I am from Brasil by the way.

Dex-chan lover
"I cant settle down, I cant get to sleep."
hooo boy we know why

Haha, i personaly love when the author do something that is historicaly right but for modern days wrong.

Dex-chan lover
ah yes, as expected some people cant understand the scene and feel weirded out, even tho if you have learn history aside from history book in school (that tends to omit many detail or just plain changes things that not the norm anymore) this kind of marriage and behaviour is acceptable/norm.
also i like how the Male lead is quite mature despite being very young but not to the point of acting like an adult

Double-page supporter
I gotta bring my mandatory “What if the roles were reversed?"

A 12-year-old girl sleeping naked with a 20-year-old man.

While historical accuracy is important, it is equally essential to acknowledge the evolution of societal values and moral standards. Although some practices that were once considered acceptable in the past are no longer condoned in today's world, it is crucial to recognize how far we have come in terms of progress.

From abolishing slavery to advocating for freedom of speech, we have made significant strides towards creating a more just and equitable society.

However, grappling with this nuanced history is, I know, challenging, so I suppose I can’t help but to feel conflicted.

Users who are viewing this thread