Otoyomegatari - Vol. 12 Ch. 83 - Persian Nights

Double-page supporter
BOOM go the ovaries. It was an ADORABLE chapter. It's good to have Talas meet other women and make friends, but the highlight of the chapter was the CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Double-page supporter
oh the sacchaline in that shoujo-heavy chapter - even the flowers are in full bloom

Dex-chan lover
Page 7:
It just hit me, we'll soon see Smith and Talas marriage when they arrive at their destination, right?

Page9:
SMITTTTTTTTTTTH! You are a one hell of a luck man, just look that, just look at that!

Aggregator gang
Hmm, not a fan of all those leaves and flowery panel outlines, but I sure do love me some dominating / reprimanding Shirin! 😍
Finally Anis can learn how to have proper conversations. 😂

Dex-chan lover
I get lost in the art and the story just takes me away. I don't know what painful nights I'd have ahead if something happened to this couple. I just need them to make it out.

Fed-Kun's army
Talas was speaking a Kipchak language either Kazakh or Kyrgyz, and these women probably spoke Uzbek since they are sedentary.

I miss the first initial chapter of this manga where we got to see the kid and his bride in action tbh.

It seems Mori is trying to show Persian atmosphere. Flowers, floral carpets, Persian gardens, laid back characteristics, etc... It has been called the country of gul(flower/rose) and bulbul(nightingale). But I also think the Persia part in this story is kinda too fantasy-like compared to other regions they pass by. I enjoy the art though, let me swim in it... 🤤

As the title says "Persian nights", the language they speak must be Persian since they're in Persia. I guess Talas is speaking a Turkic based language. But since there are also some Turkic speaking people in Persia some people can understand SOME of the dialects(there are MANY Turkic based dialects). Some people are born in bilingual families, for example Persian/Turkish speaking. There are also some shared words between the languages. It really feels farfetched in this chapter though. It's probably for the convenience of the story I think. Not everything in this story is exactly as the reality but it's still a precious depiction.

Dex-chan lover
@Lilanar: Just to add something to your explanation: Also Persia always had close ties to central asia. Be it trade or war. Outside of the iranian plateau persian was considered a poetic and educated language in the area, much like latin and pretty much like french between the 16th and 20th century.

I like the development of sister wives relationship. Seems like Shirin is really comfortable now and they have a nice playful big sister/serious little sister type relationship.

Users who are viewing this thread