Otoyomegatari - Vol. 13 Ch. 94 - Crossroads

Double-page supporter
@SuperOniichan Look, you can talk about Lomonosov many times you want but the fact that majority of Russian peasantries still doesn't know how to read and write is still there. Lomonosov is probably one out the few that are lucky to get an early education among russian lower social class.

This is where I disagree, war doesn't rely only on ferocity or bravery but also another aspect as well. You need logistics to supply an army thus you need to be able to count, you need to be able to read and write in order to make sense of a map , if the officers are KIA or missing the NCOs need to be able to have these qualities to keep combat formation intact, something that Russian Infantry lacked during this period since most NCOs are compromised from lower class. This is why I told you in the original comment that Cavalry and Artillery are better well off, cavalry is prestigious for noble family and Artillerist for those are educated, especially in arithmetic. The capability to write and read DID affect the quality of the army.

I don't know what you meant for that link you gave me, perhaps you criticize my British source? Worry not Napier is not my only source for this.

Nik is a BO$$. What a legend. He straight up Rambo'd in and out of there.

We knew this was coming and now it's here. Would love to see them continue but not at the risk of their lives. If Smith chooses to continue I will seriously lose respect for him.

If they go back, I have a feeling they will run into Amira anyway. Everyone will be on the move due to the war.

Double-page supporter
Nikolovsky is just too OP, i thought it was a death flag but that flag was for the enemies lol

Dex-chan lover
@Nihilist1 No, it was a joke about the Russian tradition of seeing Britain as the main cause of many of Russia's geopolitical problems. For example, the popular belief is that Britain was the main provocateur of the Crimean War. Ultra patriots hate the US more these days, but you can always find russian conspiracy theorists for whom the British are something of a ZOG in Nazi propaganda.

You misunderstood me. I do not deny the low level of education among the peasants in Tsarist Russia. The Bolsheviks even believed that the peasants could "become people" only thanks to the revolution and them. My opinion was that military training and competent command is still more important.

@Madcat6204 Destroy the culture? Lol, we could have banned the Ukrainian language or occupied Poland, but the Russians never sought to destroy the culture of Uzbekistan or Turkmenistan. Unlike the British or the Spaniards, we never cared that people in non-white regions didn't live like Europeans.

@Cal Well, in World War II, about 2 million Uzbeks alone were drafted to the front, a quarter of whom died. On the other hand, many factories and civilians were evacuated here. But this will most likely happen to the grandchildren of our heroes. If none of them were hardcore nationalist enough to become a Basmachi, of course.

Fed-Kun's army
Worried for my man, Niko. Prudent choice is thoughtful outta there but how else is the story gonna progress.

Dex-chan lover
I don't feel much sympathy regarding this, especially considering the Armenian genocide and all of the shit that was done in the Balkans by the Ottoman empire. If anything Russia respected the culture and traditions of countries it "liberated" a lot more compared to the Ottoman empire, where the conquered people were seen as subhumans and de facto slaves.

Aggregator gang
@criver

Uhhh

First, blaming common people (The ones suffering here) of the Ottoman crimes it's really fucked up

But also, this isn't even taking place in Ottoman land.

This is the eastern side of the Caspian, so this is one of the independet Uzbek states there - Possibly the Emirate of Bukhara, that the Russians conquered in 1868, although it's kind of vague.

@criver estimated two million circassians died during the genocide in the Caucasus. Ottoman or Russian Empire, or any other imperialist force, they're all murderers. Any long-term historical benefit you can imagine comes at an incomparable cost in human suffering. This cannot be excused or justified. And to say that these murderers aren't as bad as those other murderers is just ridiculous. Shall we celebrate that they aren't killing us as bad as they could have? Well, excuse me that I'm not going to dance for it.

Dex-chan lover
@criver
LOL nice historical revisionism you got there dumbass. Also why the fuck do you suddenly bring up the Ottoman here? You sounds like a butthurt balkan or a ruskie.

Dex-chan lover
Because of the way the combat's been drawn for a couple of panels there, I'm having trouble believing Nicky just made it out unscathed. I mean, those were a lot of rifles trained on him, at ranges close enough to make up for what a piece of shit firearm it comparatively is to what we now have.

Dex-chan lover
@Broken25
First, blaming common people (The ones suffering here) of the Ottoman crimes it's really fucked up
Tough shit. It may be fucked up, but common people are the ones paying for the crimes of their government, regardless of whether we like it or not. The government is not some kind of abstract idea unrelated to the people. The people living in a specific country can very much affect the decisions of their government. In the exact same way, if the country I am living in does some major bs which I cannot prevent, I (or others) will likely have to pay for it, unless I just move out of the country.

@Apero
This cannot be excused or justified.
Implying that anywhere in my statement I was justifying a genocide. Try reading again.

@DrPavel You sure you're not projecting? There's nothing strange in finding the genocide that served as a template for the Holocaust appalling, and the empire involved in it morally bankrupt.

Users who are viewing this thread