Otoyomegatari - Vol. 13 Ch. 94 - Crossroads

@Raydnt They’re returning from his travel to meet his friend. She’s with him, they just didn’t really show her much in this chapter (you can see her in the background when niko says he’ll thin them out).

Dex-chan lover
OH SHIT NOOOOOOOOOO
I still believe Kaoru Mori aint gonna do tragedy like killing off known characters left and right
but who the fuck knows, really.

part of me was almost sure Nik wouldn't make it out alive... bOY AM I GLAD TO BE PROVED WRONG

We knew the war is coming sooner or later but dayum
I forgot how Kaoru Mori is good with plot twists and solemn themes

Dex-chan lover
Man I hope all the main characters make it out to the end alive and happy. I don't want my chill slice of life manga to become tragedy lol.

Double-page supporter
Holy shit, Nik is a Legend in disguise. Was prepared to see him die but the man is a storm 🤣

Dex-chan lover
@Nihilist1 The name is possible, but in this case his surname is too characteristic of a noble Russian. I don't remember this character, maybe he is something like an enthusiast of Uzbek culture?

Well, that sounds a little dismissive. It's as if your intelligence and skills depend on what class you were born in. And you want to say that in other countries the infantry consisted of nobles and other eltes? Lomonosov literally created Russian science, but he was the son of a fisherman.

Dex-chan lover
>he's not a reckless type
>goes in with swords and bayonet
based

Nikolovski looks more South Serbia last mame. Central Serbian version is Nikolić. Northern Serbian is Nikolov.

If it’s Russian, the Romanized spelling should be Nikolovsky.

Mori-san may have forgotten this small detail.

Double-page supporter
@SuperOniichan I don't know about that, I am not too well-versed in this topic particularly in Central Asia so I can't say anything much.

Lomonosov out of how many uneducated folks? The ratio is just too staggering, we are talking about a country that still has medieval mentality in enlightenment age. William Napier recorded in 1790 at least only 1 out of 24 privates in Russian army was literate, and by 1850s half of Russian peasantries are still considered serfs either by circumstances, policies or hereditary, hence my original comment about Russian infantry.

I am not saying other European countries had it any better by not employing peasants into the army, but they are well off compared to Russia if we compared the literacy ratios on the same time period.

P.s I just realize by looking at your profile that you are Russian, I don't mean any offense.

Dex-chan lover
Sorry, on that time is it Russia or Uni Soviet?

Nikolov tactic is pretty simple, attack with bayonet and moving to the middle so enemy cant shot, but he need to moving very fast. Btw its weird that no one consider too grab him from behind, or make a circled formation with their sword pointed to him, so he cant go anywhere.

Dex-chan lover
@Nihilist1 Lomonosov taught himself, he had no "official" education except the ability to read and write, which he received from the church clerk. I'm not convinced that literacy is the basic knowledge for war. Sailor Koshka was the son of a simple Ukrainian peasant, but at the same time he was one of the best Russian saboteurs during the Defense of Sevastopol. At the same time, I agree that until the revolution, the standard of living and education among the peasants was terrible.

I am not an expert on history, but in Russia it is generally accepted that the main problem of the Russian imperial army was idealist ultra-patriotic generals (it was believed that our army is so big that we can just throw our caps on the enemy) and large-scale corruption. Well, and the British, if you remember https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Англичанка_гадит that old meme.

It's okay, I don't find it offensive.

Dex-chan lover
@Nunally If it were the USSR, then all the characters would already be its citizens, since Central Asia was for Russians something like foreign colonies. But one way or another, the children or grandchildren of our characters will indeed become Soviet citizens in some time.

Cal

Knowing the history of this area--the future after this manga--has always filled me with sadness and dread to think about. The same with Emma. Knowing most characters would see WWI and knowing the children might be most involved turned the manga dark for me at times.

Aggregator gang
Damn it. I just wanted all these families to be happy, but Russia's coming in to wipe out their culture.

Users who are viewing this thread