Otoyomegatari - Vol. 13 Ch. 94 - Crossroads

Aggregator gang
a) Grabbing popcorn for the usual morons bringing XXI century politics into a XIX century tale
b) Nikolovsky. Is. Badass.
c) Let's not forget hat the innkeeper (willing to risk his own neck to get his customer out of the danger zone) is no less badass than Nikolovsky. This whole tale, the 90-odd chapters of it, is full of common people being badasses. Does anyone remember Talas' unnamed last husband? The one willing to cross much of Asia to help her to safely reunite with Smith? That innkeeper reminds me of him.

Dex-chan lover
@MawMaw Is that a Kaoru Mori thing, giving people plot armor? I didn't think she wrote stuff where that kind of thing would even come up.

@criver The problem is that you're bringing up the Ottoman Empire here, which isn't relevant to this chapter at all, to somehow try to criticize a perceived slight against Russia using insane troll logic.

Your people got up to some evil shit, just like everyone else. Get over it.

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan
Kaoru Mori basically only making fluff SoL.
Emma doesn't have war in it, it doesn't even have
a fucking "Love-Triangle" despite them teasing with the idea like three times.
The only conflict she ever made so far is romance conflicts, so if she goes ham at end game A La Hirohiko Araki that would be way too much shift of her characteristic.

@twinklecake
well this is her first series where actual life or death plot armor is needed

Dex-chan lover
@MawMaw I am aware of Emma, ​​it was literally my first her work, I was just embarrassed by the hint (?) That she allegedly loves plot armor.

@criver First, at least you should admit that bringing ottoman empire is irrelevant. The chapter take place in central asia where Turks didn't have any authority there.

Second, I'd like to point out that while armenian genocide and balkan massacre was really terrible, it was largely responsibilities of their government at the time, specifically the 3 pashas during WW1. OE is basically an absolute monarchy, and trying to become constitutional one during 19 century, lumping apathy and hatred toward commoner who did not have a vote doesn't sound right.

You might have to consider those points before stating your apathy toward OE.

I removed the last sentence, so to not offend anyone

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan
yee its not that big of a deal though and it really cant be help if she throwin' more and more plot armors from now on, her works is the opposite of killing people and yet she choose such a dangerous era for this. (and also make the story long enough for the war conflict to happen unlike Emma)

Dex-chan lover
Damn. It's like this big guy is a player character in an assassin's creed game, jumping in a middle of an army like that while the soldiers just look at him killing them one by one.

Agreed, Nik is in the running for best husband and dad.

I bet next chapter we switch back to Amir and Karluk, so we don't get to see Mister Smith's decision right away.

Dex-chan lover
@eRW298 I cannot say for sure where this was taking place, but the characters did go/were planning to go through places belonging to the Ottoman empire at the period so I remembered it as such.
lumping apathy and hatred toward commoner who did not have a vote doesn't sound right.
Just because you "didn't have a vote" doesn't mean you could do nothing. Look at France. Actually look at other countries that did not resort to ethnic and religious cleansing. My goal is not to wave away Russia's crimes either, as some user tried to imply. I just think that it is very hard to elicit a lot of sympathy towards people that you know will likely commit something more atrocious in the future. I am not as empathetic for better or worse.

@twinklecake And your problem is that you're fantasizing that I am from Russia because it's easier to rationalize. My country's done some pretty evil shit, but it pales in comparison to both Russia and OE. And if my country were to do some evil shit today and I did nothing, I would be partially responsible for it, regardless of how inconvenient that truth is.

@criver the characters indeed visited ankara and antalya which part of OE, but the story mainly take place in central Asia. Aside from that digression, I want to make something clear..

I just think that it is very hard to elicit a lot of sympathy towards people that you know will likely commit something more atrocious in the future

Just who are these people you mention there? Sorry to ask you, just being curious

Dex-chan lover
These last couple of chapters show why the 2nd Amendment matters so much.

Dex-chan lover
@Raydnt he is going back to meet, and probably live with, his friends. You know, the characters this manga was originally about...

Dex-chan lover
@criver I never said anything about you being Russian, so you're the presumptuous one here. Also, all of this is still fully irrelevant to the actual manga you're meant to be discussing.

Dex-chan lover
what is this badassery doing in my brides slice of life feel good manga

Dex-chan lover
@eRW298 The Ottoman empire's military, which was made up of your average person. Many factors played a role into convincing the average person into the "righteousness" of these actions, including propaganda and religious beliefs. It doesn't help that they are in denial regarding these atrocities to this day. Kinda leaves a sour taste in my mouth and dampens my capacity for empathy.

@twinklecake
I never said anything about you being Russian
Your people got up to some evil shit, just like everyone else. Get over it.
I was assuming that you were implying that I am Russian given the context, as a previous user did. But even given the benefit of the doubt, your statement is even sillier considering you don't know anything about "my people". It seems that you wanted to latch onto something, anything. I am sorry, but the historical events that I mentioned did happen, and the population living there at that time is partially responsible for what was going on in their lands. In the exact same way Russia, or Germany's people were responsible for their own set of ethnic cleansings. My people were fortunately not responsible for any cleansing shit, on the contrary. Though I do not deny that they have their own set of historical evil acts. Still doesn't change the fact that I can feel less sympathy for people that will potentially commit attrocities (in the context of this manga).

Dex-chan lover
@criver There isn't really anyone who doesn't have at least one rape baby as an ancestor, so it really doesn't matter what specific people you come from. Also, how the fuck did Germany make it in there? Why are you still arguing about things that I'm not even talking about when you respond to me? Did you miss your meds?

Dex-chan lover
@twinklecake
There isn't really anyone who doesn't have at least one rape baby as an ancestor
You misunderstood me. I do not blame today's Turkish people for what their ancestors did, even though I think it would be nice if they weren't in denial. I blame their ancestors for what they did.

Also, how the fuck did Germany make it in there?
Fairly simply: a bunch of users, while busy dogpiling due to getting triggered, were prescribing me different nationalities and stuff like "your people". So I wanted to emphasize that I do not care which country performs the genocide.

Did you miss your meds?
Projecting much? Or did I trigger you that hard?

Users who are viewing this thread