Otoyomegatari - Vol. 14 Ch. 96 - Homeward-bound

...now I want to see Ali's married life 🤣🤣 (tho, to be honest, he looks like he could be a good husband... In a weird way...? 😅)

And then, Niko ended up giving the souvenirs for his family? 😂😂 that's so typical: "I forgot your souvenir so you'll have to do with some weird thing I bought for someone else" 🤣

Aggregator gang
Can we go back to the main couple now? plz? I like the other characters, but man, we need more time with the OGs! U know what i mean? ;/

Thanks for all the work and happy holidays for y’all, @TSP

I can’t see where this is going to next, but I’m looking forward to seeing Talas in England and Amir and Karluk and their family again.

Aggregator gang
This era ended really well. Thank you for the chapter TSP, enjoy the long break!

MD@Home
What a beautiful series, looking forward to April when we can continue our adventure!

@alacaelum
Oh hey you're the guy gal person from maiko-san, how are ya bud?

some disclaimers
Keep in mind that I'm redpilled to a fault so my bias heavily influences me.

The bigotry I meant regards to her race and religion, funnily enough it hadn't crossed my mind that she could be discriminated based on her sex but eh discrimination is discrimination.

I don't consider how Talas has been treated the whole time as bigotry. Owing to the fact that Talas didn't regard it as a societal problem, has no desire to change it, Does not resent how she was treated thus far to the point that she may considered it as "that's how things are". But it might my bias talking.

Regardless, how Talas will be treated in Britain all depends on the politics, mindset, and story style of the author.

I'll be honest, Otoyome is the first of Mori Kaouru's work and my quick skim through her other works don't help in determining how she views imperial Britain as a whole. So my guess ain't gonna be better than others who are familiar with Mori's works.

If she's more progressive/woke/left leaning then I predict that Talas will be discriminated a lot by Smith's family and the British society. People will mistaken Talas as Smith's exotic mistress or something and the servants will talk behind her back at first. However with the power of Smith's love and the will of the author, Smith's family and the meidos befriend Talas and she lives comfortably in a british mansion. Until the nazis come knocking with bombs 30 years later.

If she's more conservative/red pilled/right leaning then... uh... ditto but less blatant? Idk, rarely do I see conservative ideals come in media such as this, and I don't think Mori is a white supremacist. Perhaps Talas gets a warm welcome because white people are good natured and accepting people? She realizes that her society and religion is barbaric and converts to the far superior and righteous nippon aryan western culture?

But to be honest judging by how Otoyome has been written the most likely scenario is that Talas enters the Smith household with few if any complaints. Probably going to focus on how out of place Talas feels with her new life in Britain. Probably going to befriend atleast 1 meido because that's Mori's fetish who may or may not be middle eastern too who helps ease Talas in to a more western life with bits and pieces of her old middle eastern life sewed in.

On the topic of Amira'n'shota, as a drunken scotsman would say, "nah It'll be fine". With how Mori handled physical conflict so far (None of Amira's close family members, save for his antagonist Father died during the conflict, or how Nikolovsky didn't die despite him being surrounded, alone, and practically raising all the death flags to the series detriment in my honest opinion) I'd argue Mori isn't going to kill any of them off, at worst Azel or any number of Amira's brothers might be killed, maybe the granny, maybe Karluk's older brother but deffinitely none of the main girls or their studs. Unless Mori is willing to make a big dick move and shock all of us by killing one of the main characters. But eh, I see it as on the less likely side. Killing off main characters isn't exactly fun for the whole family. Yes I'm still salty about Pyrrha's death, shut up.

Also it just hits me how much a setting shift in a story that initially started on newlyweds in the middle east now focusing on a newlywed in Britain. It's also possible that Talas and Smith's story is put in as a one shot side-story or not used at all.

TL;DR Author will likely take the neutral route of Talas will live with little discrimination and no one (who we care) dies.

Aggregator gang
WIth Kaoru Mori being Kaoru Mori, and given her previous work, we can make a safe-ish bet that the story shall end when it's apropiate for it to end, and the characters we want to meet will (or won't) meet based solely upon if it is apropiate for when the story ends... and THEN she will write an epilogue, set AFTER the story ends, when everyone will meet again

@erana1
Uhm... that's vague, can you give an example?

Does that mean Smith is gonna die in the trenches, Karluk n da bois die on the battlefield, Amira and da gals die due to warcrimes collateral damage (the geneva suggestion doesn't exist yet), Talas dies of Nazi bombs. Ali's wife doesn't exist. And everyone meets again in Hell Heaven? Sounds good to me.

Dex-chan lover
Poor Ali was feeling lonely as hell there, he realized he actually had a friend all along there and not a simple employer... the panels with him fading to the background while Nikolovsky was walking away hit me in the feels a little.

No chapter for 4 months sucks, but this should at least let Mori-sensei rest a bit.

Since it's transferring to new mag and the arc has also ended nicely, I think there's a good chance we would see Amira and Karluk again. After all, the first chapter on a new mag with the first couple sounds like a compelling idea.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm sad to see these dorks go, I'll miss you Mr. Smith and Talas and Ali and Nik😭😭😭 but I'm happy to go back to Amira and Karluk

Dex-chan lover
You know, that reaction in the office makes me think a whole lot that there was some kind of spycraft intended
Not that Henry was a spy or anything but that Foreign Affairs wanted to get their hands on his detailed writings about what was going on there.

Users who are viewing this thread